Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. ISA
    Where can I find the "Enable Short DTMF Tones" option? I can not find that in my unlocked GSM 650

Quote Originally Posted by satyric
    You might also want to make sure that you do not have "Enable Short DTMF Tones" (in Phone Preferences) checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri
    I de-activated the enable Short DTMF tones and find that it does not help this issue.
    I don't know where you people are finding this enable short dtmf in phone preferences. I had that in my 600 but it doesn't exist, as far as I can tell, in my 650.
    On my Verizon phone, the option is in Phone Preferences and it is "Enable Long DTMF Tones" (not enable short).

Auto-dialing tones works fine on my home voicemail system, but my work system by Audix -- which always responded fine to a string transmitted from Kyocera 7135 -- keeps telling me my login is incorrect. No amount of enabling long tones or tinkering with pauses solves this consistently. Very annoying.

Has anyone found that Takephone does a better job with the tones?
    Well, there is no such option on the GSM 650. The tones are almost interminable. Each tone sounds like a freight engine approaching a car stuck on the tracks. No way of changing it. But it usually works and is recognizable unless speakerphone is on.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Is this true or false..

CDMA phones have the option to enable short DTMF tones while GSM does not?

Also, has anyone found a work around for old voicemail systems having problems with cell phones accessing them with short tones? I have severial users with GSM phones who have repeated issues with checking their voicemail remotely from a GSM 650 Treo.

I have had no one complain from any of my CDMA Treo 650's... not to say they work definently... any feed back from others please post..

Thank you

Ed Hayes
    Ed,

I use TAKEphONE and an application called 2dial, from the same developer, that allows the use of either fast or slow DTMF. TAKEphONE is an overlay to the phone application that allows, among other things, smarter contacts search, enhanced phone button operation and DTMF and pause handling.

2dial is an app that allows you the ability to program in responses for IVR systems. For example, to listen to a new voice mail on my work phone I have to press 2 0 and to reply I have to press 1 1 6. With 2dial I can pre-program those codes into a single screen button and it will dial those DTMF codes for me.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hoovs,

This sounds perfect but I want to make sure I understand your reponse. So if I purchase this Takenphone or 2Dail software, this will allow my clients to have an option to set their Speed dial on their GSM Treo phone to use Long/Short DTMF tones. Which I believe the GSM Treo phones do not come with any option for setting DTMF long/short tones.

Your voicemail system uses long/short or both tones?

Thank you for your time.

Fraged
    Quote Originally Posted by fraged
    Hoovs,

This sounds perfect but I want to make sure I understand your reponse. So if I purchase this Takenphone or 2Dail software, this will allow my clients to have an option to set their Speed dial on their GSM Treo phone to use Long/Short DTMF tones. Which I believe the GSM Treo phones do not come with any option for setting DTMF long/short tones.

Your voicemail system uses long/short or both tones?

Thank you for your time.

Fraged
    Ed,

First, let me say that I'm not sure of any limitations with regard to GSM phones. I have Verizon, on a CDMA network, and can use TAKEphONE to dial long or short tones. And my voicemail system uses long tones.

Second, what I would strongly suggest before you buy is to download both applications for the trail period and test it out thoroughly before you launch it company-wide. ShSh software has a pretty good trial period.

Also, you can contact the developer by e-mail here and he'll respond usually within a day or so.
    Ed,

Just wanted to add that if you do decide to try it out, let me know and I can help you with the setup.
    The latest release of software for the Treo 650 from Cingular (1b.17-CNG) made the automatic DTMF tones longer in an attempt to make them "readable" by receiving systems. This isn't an option. You can no longer specify "Short" or "Long" DTMF tones. This creates a real problem with some voice mail systems. The one I use at work requires "**" to be entered to get from the voicemail message and into the vm menu. Unfortunately, the two asterisks must be entered within less than .5 seconds of each other. Otherwise, the vm system hangs up on me. Needless to say, the Treo 650 now transmits the tones slower than that. I can't access my VM from my Treo. Does anyone know of a hack or 3rd party sw that can get around this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron
    The latest release of software for the Treo 650 from Cingular (1b.17-CNG) made the automatic DTMF tones longer in an attempt to make them "readable" by receiving systems. This isn't an option. You can no longer specify "Short" or "Long" DTMF tones. This creates a real problem with some voice mail systems. The one I use at work requires "**" to be entered to get from the voicemail message and into the vm menu. Unfortunately, the two asterisks must be entered within less than .5 seconds of each other. Otherwise, the vm system hangs up on me. Needless to say, the Treo 650 now transmits the tones slower than that. I can't access my VM from my Treo. Does anyone know of a hack or 3rd party sw that can get around this problem?
    Same software, TAKEphONE, allows short (fast) DTMF dialing. Download a trial version here and see if it helps.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12