Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone.

I've just released a new version of TreoGuard. For those not familiar with TreoGuard, it's an inexpensive utility for the Treo 600 and Treo 650 that can play MP3 ringtones, save your battery by turning off the screen during calls, save your ear by disabling alarms during calls, prevent accidental key presses from answering or ignoring incoming calls, schedule your radio to turn on and off at a specified time each day, and much more...

You can download a fully functional trial from my site. If you already have TreoGuard installed, you can get the newest version by selecting 'Updates & Support' from the TreoGuard 'Options' menu.

http://www.geakware.com/treoguard/im...imation1_6.gif

This release has the following major new features:

Use your favorite audio file as a ringtone. (Requires Pocket Tunes)

Why settle for standard ringtones when you can use your favorite song or record your own ringtone (requires SouncRec or other voice recorder). Supported audio formats include MP3, Ogg Vorbis, WAV and WMA.

Prevent alarms from disrupting your calls.

If you've ever had an alarm go off while talking on your Treo, you'll love this feature. Prevent loud alarms from damaging your hearing or interrupting your conversation by configuring TreoGuard to automatically delay alarms while you're on a call. Once the call ends, your alarms will display and sound normally.
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
    Geoff,

Sounds great. I'll install and test now! Just curious if you got my comments about the DB5 alarm on screen causing a freeze up when an incoming call arrives and volume buttons are working? I put a lot of details in the post (I think it's under the Treoguard beta) post that started a few days ago...) about ways I'm trying to use TG to workaround the problem and any thoughts you may have. If you have a chance, I'm very interested in your thoughts. Thanks!

It's at the bottom of this page:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=11&pp=20
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Geoff,

Sounds great. I'll install and test now! Just curious if you got my comments about the DB5 alarm on screen causing a freeze up when an incoming call arrives and volume buttons are working? I put a lot of details in the post (I think it's under the Treoguard beta) post that started a few days ago...) about ways I'm trying to use TG to workaround the problem and any thoughts you may have. If you have a chance, I'm very interested in your thoughts. Thanks!

It's at the bottom of this page:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=11&pp=20
    talkin73,

Sorry for the delayed response. I've been busy with the new release. I'll take a look at the issue you reported. Unfortunately, I don't use DB5, so I'm hoping it can be reproduced with the built-in calendar or Agendus. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Geoff:

Great update, as usual. On a slightly different subject, please remember to update Pocket Protector for the 650. I couldn't stand to rely on Palm's flakey keyguard again.

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Geoff,

Great update! Do you have any plans to add generic alarms (as in mp3 alarms)?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Geoff:

Great update, as usual. On a slightly different subject, please remember to update Pocket Protector for the 650. I couldn't stand to rely on Palm's flakey keyguard again.

Thanks,
    Bob,

I'm using PocketProtector+ on my 650 now with the following settings:

Power: On (Doesn't really matter since there's no power button)
    Leftmost: 2X
    Left Center: 2X
    Right Center: 2X
    Rightmost: 2X
    5-Way: Off (Doesn't matter since 5-way doesn't wake the 650)
    Voice: Off (Doesn't matter since there's no voice button)
    Alarms/Other: On

I've also set it to dim the screen after 30 seconds. On the 600, the backlight could not be turned off completely, so this feature was not as useful. On the 650, the screen dims nicely and can save some battery life.

The above settings are working well for me. What would you like to see changed to improve PocketProtector's usefulness on the 650?

Geoff
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    Geoff,

ixtab1970,

Thanks for the kind words about this update.

With respect to your question, TreoGuard is intended as a utility for managing phone functionality as opposed to PIM functionality, so I hadn't considered adding this feature.

Geoff
    Geoff:

re: Pocket Protector

I though I remembered seeing an earlier post that said PP didn't work with the 650, which is why I made the request. I'm still waiting for mine, so I can't point to any specific problems. If the earlier post was wrong (or my memory is faulty), then that's great.

If VC ever ships, I'll try PP with the 650 and let you know if I run into any issues.

Thanks again,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Geoff:

re: Pocket Protector

I though I remembered seeing an earlier post that said PP didn't work with the 650, which is why I made the request. I'm still waiting for mine, so I can't point to any specific problems. If the earlier post was wrong (or my memory is faulty), then that's great.

If VC ever ships, I'll try PP with the 650 and let you know if I run into any issues.

Thanks again,
    You're correct, there was an earlier post. The problem, if I recall correctly, was that the user had turned all buttons off except Power. Since the Treo 650 doesn't have a power button, the user had effectively turned off all buttons, leaving no way to turn the 650 back on. With the settings I described above this can be avoided. Of course, if you find yourself in this situation, you can always do a soft reset to get your device back on, then adjust the PocketProtector settings.

Geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    Geoff,

Dude..when did you put that avatar on?
    right after the TC server crashed (lost my original avatar), a while ago
    Geoff, TreoGuard seems to always "disable keygaurd when off" now, no matter what the option is set to.

Also, I'm re-posting this in this new thread just in case you missed it.

One more suggestion for radio control: turn off the radio when the signal quality is below X for X minutes, then try every X minutes to reconnect. TreoHelper has something similar but seems to only disconnect when there is NO signal. When my Treo is in a very low signal area where the phone *almost* works, it runs the battery down very quickly (even with the TreoHelper options on).
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    Geoff, TreoGuard seems to always "disable keygaurd when off" now, no matter what the option is set to.

Also, I'm re-posting this in this new thread just in case you missed it.

One more suggestion for radio control: turn off the radio when the signal quality is below X for X minutes, then try every X minutes to reconnect. TreoHelper has something similar but seems to only disconnect when there is NO signal. When my Treo is in a very low signal area where the phone *almost* works, it runs the battery down very quickly (even with the TreoHelper options on).
    ThirdType,

I've had another user reporting issues with the keyguard disabling. I'm looking into it and will post an update if a fix is available.

I've also made a note of your suggestion. I can't guarantee it'll be implemented, but it's on the list.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Hey Geoff,

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but how do I toggle the screen ON and OFF on the Treo 650? Or is this still on the works?

I second this request. I miss it from Treohelper, along with the indvidual day off/on as well.
    yep.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Hey Geoff,

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but how do I toggle the screen ON and OFF on the Treo 650? Or is this still on the works?
    Support for the Treo 650 is not yet complete. The latest release has been tweaked to be stable on the 650, but 650 specific functionality will have to wait for the next release. I haven't yet decided how to best deal with screen toggling on the 650. Obviously, there's no main power button any longer and the other power button also hangs up. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
    Geoff
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by krock
    I second this request. I miss it from Treohelper, along with the indvidual day off/on as well.
    Noted.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    Support for the Treo 650 is not yet complete. The latest release has been tweaked to be stable on the 650, but 650 specific functionality will have to wait for the next release. I haven't yet decided how to best deal with screen toggling on the 650. Obviously, there's no main power button any longer and the other power button also hangs up. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    I'm not sure if this is what you guys are asking, but... I toggle the screen on/off with the green phone button. However, if I have exited the Phone app prior to screen auto off, and press the green button, I am taken back to the Phone app.
    Is there a way to dim the screen without changing the brightness level (*+P)?

On my treo 300 I could double tap the power button. Is there a replacement for this on my Treo 650 or do I need a tool like pocket protector?

Thanks in advance...
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    I third this one. I was recently at a company event where every cell phone had poor or no signal at all. My battery was gone in 3 hours because my treo600 was searching for a signal. If I turned on roaming I could go into roaming. I have searched everywhere and there is no application that will do this. When I looked at treohelper, my signal was around 90, but I could not connect to the vision network or make a call. Maybe you can detect when the phone goes into roaming mode or some other trigger. This would be an awesome util.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast