Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    don't think u r geTing the gist of the prob... but I have heard now it may be a bt dun bugs..
    I only have the dun hack.. no rom installed as I didn't have snd qlty prob...
    as I was saying.. when in the bt mngr screen.. &u select dun..it warns u that u can't use the phone..u hit "ok" & then it goes to the phone/dial pad...w/bt dun enabled. & after awhile.. it takes forever of hitting buttons to wake up the screen.
    care to chime in on this shadowmiite...anyone?
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by tangible
    New user with problems: (I am using 1.8.07b on a Sprint 650)
    - With "power buttons toggle screen" checked, my red button ends the call.
    - Center button of 5-way silences the ringer even though it is "disabled"
    I thought I read earlier in the thread that these problems were fixed.
    - One problem I haven't seen reported: At the timeout for screen-off, sometimes (not always) the screen just dims instead of going completely dark.
    tangible,

I'll try to address each of you issues:

1. The 'fix' for the red button problem was based on speculation about it's cause, so it's not a guaranteed fix. Also, after I made 1.8.07b available, I realized I had missed a case and so built 1.8.08b. This version is now available. Please try it to see if it's any better.

2. This is a known issue that I'm looking into on the 650.

3. This is the first report of such a problem. The screen off functionality is very reliable on my Sprint 650. Have you noticed any sort of pattern for when the screen just dims rather than turning off? Any additional details would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    don't think u r geTing the gist of the prob... but I have heard now it may be a bt dun bugs..
    I only have the dun hack.. no rom installed as I didn't have snd qlty prob...
    as I was saying.. when in the bt mngr screen.. &u select dun..it warns u that u can't use the phone..u hit "ok" & then it goes to the phone/dial pad...w/bt dun enabled. & after awhile.. it takes forever of hitting buttons to wake up the screen.
    care to chime in on this shadowmiite...anyone?
    johnski1969,

Sorry to be dense. I'm just trying to understand the problem. I want to be sure it's a TreoGuard problem, which I'm not yet convinced of. TreoGuard should only turn off the screen when a phone call is active. If the screen turns off during a BT DUN session, it's unlikely that TreoGuard is doing it, regardless of whether the Phone application is running or not. I say "unlikely" because there's an outside chance that TreoGuard is the culprit. I'll try to take a closer look later today.

Geoff
    yeah..think its a bt dun issue.. not TG..
    Geakware: Good news:

1. Version 8b fixes the red button issue on my phone; it now toggles the screen on and off without hanging up the call.

2. I can live with the center button silencing the ringer. It's so hard to press INTENTIONALLY that it is unlikely to be pressed by accident!

3. I have not seen the problem of the screen dimming instead of blanking again since I reported it last night. I will let you know if it occurs again, and note the circumstances.

4. A suggestion about your manual: The current version was apparently written for the 600, and is therefore wrong in many details about the 650. As a former 600 user I was able to interpret it, but a new user starting with a 650 would be, I think, completely bewildered. Recognizing that updating the manual is a time-consuming process, perhaps it would make sense to just include a note at the beginning pointing out that there are some differences, especially with regard to "power" buttons.

5. Your ota version updates from within the application are incredibly convenient. Why doesn't every app work like this? Congratulations on a great product.
    Hi ... been testing out TreoGuard (1.8.08b) and have noticed a couple things:

I use Treo 600 Connection Manager to terminate my data connection after 3 minutes of idle activity. If I initiate a data connection on my Treo 600 (Verizon), then leave the connection running and turn off the screen, the screen comes on by itself when CM kills the data connection. Note that this is only when I have TreoGuard's "turn screen on when call ends" feature enabled. Disable the feature and it doesn't happen anymore... so I suspect an incompatibility with CM.

Also (I have already emailed Geoff about this), I use Profeo LightControl 0.9.6 to keep my keyboard lights on all the time (whenever the screen is on). If I use TG to turn the screen off during a call, the next time I leave the Phone application the keyboard lights turn off and can't be turned on again without cycling the screen power.

Neither of these are biggies - TG is a great application - I just wanted to make you aware of them!

Jesse
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by tangible
    Geakware: Good news:

1. Version 8b fixes the red button issue on my phone; it now toggles the screen on and off without hanging up the call.

2. I can live with the center button silencing the ringer. It's so hard to press INTENTIONALLY that it is unlikely to be pressed by accident!

3. I have not seen the problem of the screen dimming instead of blanking again since I reported it last night. I will let you know if it occurs again, and note the circumstances.

4. A suggestion about your manual: The current version was apparently written for the 600, and is therefore wrong in many details about the 650. As a former 600 user I was able to interpret it, but a new user starting with a 650 would be, I think, completely bewildered. Recognizing that updating the manual is a time-consuming process, perhaps it would make sense to just include a note at the beginning pointing out that there are some differences, especially with regard to "power" buttons.

5. Your ota version updates from within the application are incredibly convenient. Why doesn't every app work like this? Congratulations on a great product.
    tangible,

I'm glad things are working for you. Let me know if you experience any other problems.

I've been planning to do a thorough update of the TreoGuard manual. I just haven't had the time yet. I hope to do so before the next official release. Thanks for the feedback.

Geoff
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by jberman
    Hi ... been testing out TreoGuard (1.8.08b) and have noticed a couple things:

I use Treo 600 Connection Manager to terminate my data connection after 3 minutes of idle activity. If I initiate a data connection on my Treo 600 (Verizon), then leave the connection running and turn off the screen, the screen comes on by itself when CM kills the data connection. Note that this is only when I have TreoGuard's "turn screen on when call ends" feature enabled. Disable the feature and it doesn't happen anymore... so I suspect an incompatibility with CM.

Also (I have already emailed Geoff about this), I use Profeo LightControl 0.9.6 to keep my keyboard lights on all the time (whenever the screen is on). If I use TG to turn the screen off during a call, the next time I leave the Phone application the keyboard lights turn off and can't be turned on again without cycling the screen power.

Neither of these are biggies - TG is a great application - I just wanted to make you aware of them!

Jesse
    Jesse,

I'll take a look to see if there's anything I can do about the conflict with CM.

Geoff
    Interesting find: Would future version of Treo Guard disable the voice mail notification alert when making a phone call?

I was leaving a message for someone when I had my ringer off, but my Treo still made a vibrate noise for an incoming voice message!

###
    I just downloaded treo guard, i have been lookin for a app like this. BUT it causes problems with mmplayer does anyone else have this same problem? if so whats the fix?
    Thanks in advance
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Interesting find: Would future version of Treo Guard disable the voice mail notification alert when making a phone call?

I was leaving a message for someone when I had my ringer off, but my Treo still made a vibrate noise for an incoming voice message!

###
    Kev,

I'll look into this, though I can make no promises. If it can be done, I'll add it to a future release.

Thanks,
    Geoff
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    I just downloaded treo guard, i have been lookin for a app like this. BUT it causes problems with mmplayer does anyone else have this same problem? if so whats the fix?
    Thanks in advance
    Franko515,

Can you be more specific about the problems with MMPlayer? What sort of problems are you seeing? I have MMPlayer and can try to fix the problems if you let me know what they are.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Going back to this issue today I was thinking that under Misc the options of
    -Disable alarms during call
    -Only when no headset
    If I enable both of them it makes sense that BTmute should work, right?
    Well it doesn't.

I was thinking that you can add a rule that checks

if Bluetooth is set to ON
    and "Disable alarms during call" is check
    and "Only when on headset" is check" then
    "Disable alarms during call" should be disable automatically.
    else if Bluetooth is set to OFF
    and "Disable alarms during call" is check
    and "Only when on headset" is check" then
    "Disable alarms during call" should be enable automatically.
    else if "Disable alarms during call" is check
    and "Only when on headset" is uncheck then
    "Disable alarms during call" should be enable automatically.
    else
    do nothing
    end if

Could you look into that? I've registered for both and I really need them.

Thanks,

Al
    Last edited by TreoRock; 03/11/2005 at 03:02 AM.
    TY for the quick response. my problem with mmplayer is that parts are missing, certain areas are blocked out by black squares. i uninstalled treo guard . my mmplayer came up fine, but now mmplayer wont work it says

-----failed to play
    ext:2Halfbaked.avi'.
    unable to allocate 256kb for
    video packet buffer------

.im gonna try and re-install mmplayer and see if this fixes the problem.

again thanks for your quick response i love technology
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    tried to unistall mmplayer, treo soft reset. came back on ( ##377 ) fatal error i decided to see if it deleted mmplayer..... just then i see a post about a soft reset trick to fix problems with mmplayer. to hell with it, give it a nother try mike(this is what i say to myself) . clicked on ninja scroll and oh my the quality the sound the treo gods have heard my cry .

P.S. can anyone here believe i set up two email account this week for people over the age of 25! and had to show em how to check it. dont get left behind, reading is fundamental.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I using Treo Guard as a result of a couple of instances of the phone being answered unintentionally during confidential meetings. It's never a good situation to hear "he did you know your phone answered and I could hear what you were saying during that meeting".

I love Treo Guard so far BUT have a two button feature in answering calls would make me feel much better that I'm still not going to accidentally hit a button and have the phone answer a call without my knowledge. Will this be a feature soon OR DOES ANYONE KNOW OF AN APPLICATION I CAN ADD ON TO DO THIS?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789