Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by donzg
    I just downloaded a trial version of Treo Guard. Enabled it, selected PT for playing ring tones and the proceed on selecting an mp3. As soon as I did this it crashed my 650. Still keeps recycling my Treo. What's up with that... At this point I'm uninstalling this buggy software.
    donzg,

I'm sorry you're experiencing a problem with TreoGuard. If you have the inclination and could either install CrashPro to log the reset activity or use ##377 to get the error that caused the reset, that would be most helpful in getting the problem resolved.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by txdoodah
    Geoff,

Someone recommended PocketProtector to help with my problem...the situation is it is easy to hang up on a call when it is in my case while I'm using my headset for a hands-free call. Can I change the function of the "red" phone button using either PocketProtector or TreoGuard so it doesn't disconnect a call?

Thanks for your help...
    TreoGuard should help with this, though I've had some users report that it's not working properly, which I'm investigating. If you'd like to give it a try, you can configure the red phone button to just toggle the screen on/off by doing one of two things:

1. Select the 'Power buttons toggle screen' checkbox.
    2. Assign the 'Toggle Screen' action to the 'Screen/Power' button, which is what TreoGuard calls the red phone button.

Let me know if you have any other questions or problems.

Geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    TR30/talkin73,

One last question... do you have a Sprint, Cingular or unlocked 650?
    I got Sprint.
    donzg,

I'm sorry you're experiencing a problem with TreoGuard. If you have the inclination and could either install CrashPro to log the reset activity or use ##377 to get the error that caused the reset, that would be most helpful in getting the problem resolved.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    The ##377 didn't work since I have a GSM phone (ATT). I found the right code and here's the output...
    A crash occured on 02/13/05 at 3:58PM while running "<unknown app>":
    MemoryMgr.c,Line:3849, Invalid chunk ptr.

Hope that helps....
    Treolo,

This isn't really a TreoGuard bug. I'm guessing BTmute uses alarms to schedule some function it needs to perform. Since TreoGuard has disabled alarms, BTmute doesn't work. There's nothing I can do to fix this in TreoGuard. You might contact Jeff Gibson and ask if he could change how BTmute works so it isn't affected by this feature.

Geoff
    Geoff,

This is what Jeft has to say:

Well I'm not sure what to do here. I do plan to implement a no-alarms feature in ScheduleCare but have yet to build in that functionality. I would think that TreoGuard should have a configurable builtin "exception" list. I did this in ScreenCare - it's not that hard to do. From a developement standpoint, it is not really nice to stop everything.

From a BTmute standpoint, my hands are unfortunately tied. I need to use alarms because I must wait for the BT headset and the 650 to get connected. I can't just sit in a loop or the connection will never happen. I need to be woken up by the alarm.

Jeff

Al
    Geoff - here's an idea to solve the conflict with BTMute:

Can you implement ANOTHER switch in the configuration to allow an overide (i.e., ALLOW the alarms to function as normal) when Bluetooth is active OR when a specific bluetooth device (i.e., a headset) is connected????

This way, there won't be a conflict if alarms are actually working because there's a BT device/headset attached?

L
    Lee Ladisky
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Geoff,

This is what Jeft has to say:

Well I'm not sure what to do here. I do plan to implement a no-alarms feature in ScheduleCare but have yet to build in that functionality. I would think that TreoGuard should have a configurable builtin "exception" list. I did this in ScreenCare - it's not that hard to do. From a developement standpoint, it is not really nice to stop everything.

From a BTmute standpoint, my hands are unfortunately tied. I need to use alarms because I must wait for the BT headset and the 650 to get connected. I can't just sit in a loop or the connection will never happen. I need to be woken up by the alarm.

Jeff

Al
    Treolo,

For the moment it seems we may be at an impass. Unfortunately, the Palm OS only allows you to entirely disable/enable all alarms. There is no way to selectively disable alarms for a subset of applications. So, unless Jeff knows something I don't, there's not a way to implement an exclusion list for this feature.

I will consider Lee's suggestion as a possible workaround, though I can't say when I'll get to it.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Geoff
  8.    #148  
    I've released a new beta version (1.8.07b) that can be downloaded directly to your Treo by selecting 'Updates & Support' from the TreoGuard 'Options' menu. If you don't have a data plan, you can get the beta from here.

Here's what's new in last few beta versions...

New in 1.8.07b

- Fixed issue with calls that are answered using the green phone button on the Treo 650. Previously, TreoGuard did not recognize that the calls had been answered.
    - Added feature to remember the last volume setting in Pocket Tunes or AeroPlayer. This prevents the TreoGuard ringtone feature from leaving the volume at an unexpectedly high level.
    - Fixed issue with red phone button not toggling the screen on some Treo 650s.

New in 1.8.06b

- Added buttons to turn radio on/off on the Radio screen.

New in 1.8.05b

- Modified to retain system volume setting even if TreoGuard is used to play MP3 ringtone. This also allows the voicemail alerts to be heard.
    - Added feature to allow system ringer volume to be used for MP3 ringtones volume. This allows profile applications that adjust the system ringer volume level to also adjust the MP3 ringtone volume level.

New in 1.8.04b

- Fixed potential reset loop issue when the 'Disable alarms during calls' feature was enabled and a reset occured during a call.

TR30/talkin73,

I've made some changes to the code that handles toggling the screen using the red phone button that I hope will allow it to work properly for you.

jaharr,

I've fixed the issues related to answering calls with the green phone button. Please give it a try to verify that it works for you now.

Geoff
    Fixed issue with red phone button not toggling the screen on some Treo 650s.
    Are you refering to an issue with your software that made it worse, or are you saying that TreoGuard can actually fix the problem of it taking several presses to get the Treo to wake up? That would be very cool. Wishful thinking?

-Brian
    I have prob w/waking up screen while using bt dun w/ TG active...
    takes tons of button presses (usually mail hard buTon eventually turns screen back on..not red or green) I have latest TG.
    help!
    TIA
    Hi Geoff, just wanted to verify that when the 5-way is disabled on calls, it is enabled once the call has been answered - works as it should! Good job!
    Geoff,

Great job on your quick fix -- answering with the green button is now recognized perfectly by Treoguard, disabling the keyguard. Thannk you. I wish all developers were as responsive as you.

The only problem I'm still having (contrary to rudychow) is that the center/enter button of the 5-way continues to silence the ringer/vibration on incoming calls.

Thank you again for your assistance and support.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    The only problem I'm still having (contrary to rudychow) is that the center/enter button of the 5-way continues to silence the ringer/vibration on incoming calls.
    Just tested on my GSM 650 and 5-way centre doesn't silence the ringer. Do you have a 600 or a 650?
    Sprint 650 -- maybe that explains the discrepancy.
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    Are you refering to an issue with your software that made it worse, or are you saying that TreoGuard can actually fix the problem of it taking several presses to get the Treo to wake up? That would be very cool. Wishful thinking?

-Brian
    Brian,

This is unrelated to the problem you're referring to. TreoGuard has a feature to allow the power buttons to toggle the screen during calls. This feature wasn't always working correctly on the Treo 650 and I hope my changes in this latest beta have corrected the problem.

Sorry for the confusion.

Geoff
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    I have prob w/waking up screen while using bt dun w/ TG active...
    takes tons of button presses (usually mail hard buTon eventually turns screen back on..not red or green) I have latest TG.
    help!
    TIA
    johnski1969,

TreoGuard was designed for use during normal phone calls and has not been tested with the BT DUN features of the Treo 650. If the screen is turning off while you're using this feature, it's not likely a result of anything TreoGuard is doing, so I doubt there's much I can do in TreoGuard to resolve this issue.

Geoff
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Sprint 650 -- maybe that explains the discrepancy.
    I have a Sprint 650 as well and notice the same issue. I'll look into it.

Geoff
    well... geoff..
    since bt dun running Defaults to the phone screen...TG is calling the shots.
    I also have sprint 650... try bt dun w/TG enabled.... see if u can recreate it.
    TIA
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    well... geoff..
    since bt dun running Defaults to the phone screen...TG is calling the shots.
    I also have sprint 650... try bt dun w/TG enabled.... see if u can recreate it.
    TIA
    johnski1969,

I did as you suggested in order to refresh my memory. I'm using the Shadowmite BT DUN patch, which is the only way I'm aware of to enable BT DUN on a Sprint Treo 650. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Start the Bluetooth application and enable BT.
    2. Within the same application, I set 'Dial-up Networking' to 'On'.
    3. Using my BT utilities on my laptop, I use the dial-up networking service from my phone to connect.

I'm now posting this response using the BT DUN feature. However, my Treo never once started the Phone application during the process I used to connect.

Can you give me the details of what you're doing so I can try and reproduce it?

Thanks,
    Geoff
    New user with problems: (I am using 1.8.07b on a Sprint 650)
    - With "power buttons toggle screen" checked, my red button ends the call.
    - Center button of 5-way silences the ringer even though it is "disabled"
    I thought I read earlier in the thread that these problems were fixed.
    - One problem I haven't seen reported: At the timeout for screen-off, sometimes (not always) the screen just dims instead of going completely dark.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast