Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I don't know what is wrong, but I have selected in TreoGuard to "Turn screen off after 30 seconds" and it doesn't work for any applications except when I'm making a phone call. Is it the way it is supposed to work? I have all the other options unchecked. Anybody has the same problem? My screen always go off after 3 minutes even though I have select 1 minute under Preferences. Please help.

Thanks,

Al
    OK, I read the manual and in fact it is suppose to turn off the screen only during calls. I guess my problem is why isn't my Auto-off after: 30 seconds not working?

I would like to add a request for the alarms. Can you assign different ringtones for different people? or may different ringtones for different times and days?

Thanks,

Al
    I'm a registered user. How do I get the betas?

Thanks,

Al
    Anybody here?
    Well, I would like to request a Custom MP3 Ringtones per Contact I know lightwav does it, but why have two apps when you can have a nice single all in one app.
    Thanks,
    All
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I'm a registered user. How do I get the betas?
    Menu -> Updates & Support...
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    OK, I read the manual and in fact it is suppose to turn off the screen only during calls. I guess my problem is why isn't my Auto-off after: 30 seconds not working?

I would like to add a request for the alarms. Can you assign different ringtones for different people? or may different ringtones for different times and days?

Thanks,

Al
    Al,

I can't say why your system auto-off setting isn't working. You may have a conflict with another application.

As far as your feature request goes, I've had other requests for this feature and am considering it. I can't guarantee it will get implemented, but it's on my list of features to consider for future releases.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Menu -> Updates & Support...
    Just to clarify...

1. Launch TreoGuard.
    2. Popup the menu by either pressing the menu button or tapping the upper left corner of the screen.
    3. Select 'Updates & Support' to lanch Blazer and go to the updates page.
    4. Look for the 1.8.03b link.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Geoff
    Hi Geoff, I noticed that if I were to disable the 5way on an incoming call, it stays disabled even after I have answered the call. This means I can't choose speakerphone, mute, or perform any of the other onscreen functions.

I don't remember this being the case with previous versions. My primary objective in disabling the 5way is to prevent accidental answering of calls. I would however, like to have that, and still have the option of using the 5way to perform other functions once the call has been received.
    Geoff - on the T650 if you enable "toggle screen using the power button" you simultaneously end the call because the power button is obviously also the end button. This may have been covered, but is there another option to toggle the screen?

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Hi Geoff, I noticed that if I were to disable the 5way on an incoming call, it stays disabled even after I have answered the call. This means I can't choose speakerphone, mute, or perform any of the other onscreen functions.

I don't remember this being the case with previous versions. My primary objective in disabling the 5way is to prevent accidental answering of calls. I would however, like to have that, and still have the option of using the 5way to perform other functions once the call has been received.
    I'll look into this.

Geoff
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky
    Geoff - on the T650 if you enable "toggle screen using the power button" you simultaneously end the call because the power button is obviously also the end button. This may have been covered, but is there another option to toggle the screen?

Lee
    Lee,

What version are you using? The latest version fixes this problem on the 650.

Geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Hi Geoff, I noticed that if I were to disable the 5way on an incoming call, it stays disabled even after I have answered the call. This means I can't choose speakerphone, mute, or perform any of the other onscreen functions...
    I'm not seeing this behavior. Disabling 5way works as expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    I'm not seeing this behavior. Disabling 5way works as expected.
    Forgot to add that I'm using a GSM Unlocked Treo 650.
    Has anyone else encountered this? It's happened to me twice.

I had a calendar alarm go off from Datebk5. While the alarm notification screen was still displayed, I received, and answered, a phone call. After the call ended, I pressed the hangup button and my 650 was locked up. I did a soft reset, and it went into an endless reset loop. A warm reset stopped that.

I then did a ##377#, and got this message displayed:

"A crash occurred on 2/10/05 at 2:45 pm while running "TreoGuard":

AlarmMgr.c, Line:394, disable underflow"

But it gets worse. After noting the error, I did a soft reset to return to normal, and got shunted back into the reset loop. A warm reset broke out of it again, and ##377# showed the same error message.

I went into TreoGuard to disable it (uncheck the "enable box"). As soon as I pressed the center button, I was back in the reset loop all over again. Same error. I went back into TreoGuard, and it is now shown as disabled.

Soft reset: reset loop AGAIN! Warm reset: OK.

Delete TreoGuard, soft reset: OK.

I'm currently running 1.8.03b, but I think the other time this happened I was running a prior official release.

=============================================

Okay, some more info:

It's not TreoGuard causing the lockup, but it does appear to be Treoguard causing the reset loop.

Receiving a call with an unacknowledged alarm displayed still locks up the Treo IF I PRESS THE RED HANGUP BUTTON to end the call. But without TreoGuard installed, a soft reset doesn't cause the reset loop.

(If I press the center button to acknowledge the alarm first, instead of pressing the red button, then everything seems to be ok.)

===============================================

I need to run some tests to see if this is Datebk5 causing the lockup, or another Treo/Palm bug.

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Has anyone else encountered this? It's happened to me twice.

I had a calendar alarm go off from Datebk5. While the alarm notification screen was still displayed, I received, and answered, a phone call. After the call ended, I pressed the hangup button and my 650 was locked up. I did a soft reset, and it went into an endless reset loop. A warm reset stopped that.

I then did a ##377#, and got this message displayed:

"A crash occurred on 2/10/05 at 2:45 pm while running "TreoGuard":

AlarmMgr.c, Line:394, disable underflow"

But it gets worse. After noting the error, I did a soft reset to return to normal, and got shunted back into the reset loop. A warm reset broke out of it again, and ##377# showed the same error message.

I went into TreoGuard to disable it (uncheck the "enable box"). As soon as I pressed the center button, I was back in the reset loop all over again. Same error. I went back into TreoGuard, and it is now shown as disabled.

Soft reset: reset loop AGAIN! Warm reset: OK.

Delete TreoGuard, soft reset: OK.

I'm currently running 1.8.03b, but I think the other time this happened I was running a prior official release.

=============================================

Okay, some more info:

It's not TreoGuard causing the lockup, but it does appear to be Treoguard causing the reset loop.

Receiving a call with an unacknowledged alarm displayed still locks up the Treo IF I PRESS THE RED HANGUP BUTTON to end the call. But without TreoGuard installed, a soft reset doesn't cause the reset loop.

(If I press the center button to acknowledge the alarm first, instead of pressing the red button, then everything seems to be ok.)

===============================================

I need to run some tests to see if this is Datebk5 causing the lockup, or another Treo/Palm bug.

Thanks,
    I had another user report this same problem and have fixed the reset loop issue in the most recent release (1.7.04) and the current beta release (1.8.06b).

Geoff
    Geoff - I'm using the latest version and the power button (to turn the screen back on when it's been turned off) still terminates the call.... Advice?

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
  17.    #117  
    Geoff - I'm using the latest version and the power button (to turn the screen back on when it's been turned off) still terminates the call.... Advice?

Lee
    Lee,

Do you have the 'Power buttons toggle screen feature checked'? If that doesn't work, try assigning the power button the 'Toggle Screen' action. If that fails, you may have a conflict with another application.

Geoff
    Thanks Geoff. I've downloaded the latest beta.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Geoff - what do you mean assign the power button the "toggle screen" action? Where would I do this - in Button Prefs?

L
    Lee Ladisky

Lee
    Lee, I think you're pressing the wrong button to power the screen back on. You should be using the green phone button, not the red.