Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Yudaman Geoff!!!
    Does that mean it's working for you, or you're just excited to have it?

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
    Oh sorry, just excited that you responded so quickly. I have it installed already. I'll find out if it's working in a day or two. If it's just the 'lock ringer volume' issue, I could disable that feature since it's no biggie for me. I don't think I ever accidentally change the ringer volume anyway. So far so good though. First couple of mail fetches went through as normal. Thanks again Geoff.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    of course unable to get update off your website..
    when I try to dowload the zip u posted here.. it downloads to my card as "attachment.php" file...which is unusable & handzipper lite doesn't acknowedge it at all.
    can u help me out with this?
    TIA
    JOHN
  4.    #84  
    I've run into the same problem when downloading attachments from TC to my Treo. I've found that if I save the attachment to the card, then rename the .php file to a .zip file, HandZipper will open it. Of course, you'll need the full version of HandZipper, since the Lite version won't read from the card.

Geoff
    Geoff, just wanted to let you know that the gprs connection lockup when 'ringer lock' feature is activated seems to have been fixed. Previously i couldn't send an MMS in the background, but now after hitting send, I turn the screen off, and the message gets send without a hitch. :thumbs up:
  6.    #86  
    My site seems to be available again. Anyone who would like to download the beta using the TreoGuard 'Updates & Support' menu should now be able to do so.

Geoff
    Geoff,

My appologies for my previous post on battery consumption. It would appear to not be your application which has caused this to occur and I would like to retract my previous statement.

I still think your program is the best phone app I have seen for some time. Keep up the good work.

Eric.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

This time I mean it. Happy to report that the bug is fixed! All features seem to be stable and reliable. Don't know about pTunes ringer though - haven't tried it yet. Thanks much Geoff for addressing this issue. Gidiyup!!!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_One
    Geoff,

My appologies for my previous post on battery consumption. It would appear to not be your application which has caused this to occur and I would like to retract my previous statement.

I still think your program is the best phone app I have seen for some time. Keep up the good work.

Eric.
    Ancient_One,

I'm on these forums because I want user feedback. I appreciate that you took the time to try and help make TreoGuard a better product. No apologies necessary...

Thanks for the compliment.

Geoff
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    This time I mean it. Happy to report that the bug is fixed! All features seem to be stable and reliable. Don't know about pTunes ringer though - haven't tried it yet. Thanks much Geoff for addressing this issue. Gidiyup!!!
    Good news!

Geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    talkin73,

TreoGuard should already work as you request here. It already does a check to see if the radio is on before trying to turn it on again. Do you have any other 3rd-party apps that include a similar feature? I had another user report this problem only to determine it was caused by another app...

I've got this on my list, though I can't say when it will get done. My list seems to keep growing...

Geoff
    Thanks for the reply. I previously had no other utilities that turned the radio on. I had Radio Control installed on my 600, but removed it on my 650 several months ago. With TG installed and the "Turn radio on after reset" feature, sometimes I would get the Sprint radio on screen once after reset, sometimes it would happen twice in a row. I disabled this feature on TG and enabled the same feature on an app called PowerUp, which another user suggested would avoid the double radio on screen. Since installing and enabling PU, I get only 1 radio on screen. I have disabled and removed PU and will try again with the latest beta of TG.

I see a feature to "Lock ringer volume". Is there a comparable feature to "Lock ear piece volume" that would ensure all calls are heard through the ear piece at a user-defined volume (5, 6, 7 bars or whatever user decides)? If not, can you add this to the ever-growing list of feature requests I frequently find myself having to increase the volume in the earpiece which always defaults to 4 of 7 bars. It would be great to have it default to a volume of my choosing.

As always, thanks for the correspondence and consideration of feature requests!
    fishnetb,

The volume buttons are automaticaly disabled when the screen is off, so if you use TreoGuard's screen off feature, it should solve the volume adjustment problem. I may consider adding a feature to specifically disable certain keys while a call is active, but I can make no promises.
    Geoff
    Geoff,

Great App. I have been one of the original Treo 600 pioneers and had beta tested a slew of software in the past. I always experienced side effects from software mostly soft resets. I have not experienced any from TreoGuard on my 650. Kudos to you.

How about considering a feature to specifically disable the volume keys while a call is outgoing (not Incoming)? I like my screen on so that is not a solution for me. That functionality really belongs to TreoGuard. I could ask the other developers to produce something but it really should be a function of TreoGuard. Please consider adding this. I find the volume key lowering the volume when I put the 650 in the case while using the BT headset quite annoying. This ability should be a part of the feature set. We appreciate your fine work.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Thanks for the reply. I previously had no other utilities that turned the radio on. I had Radio Control installed on my 600, but removed it on my 650 several months ago. With TG installed and the "Turn radio on after reset" feature, sometimes I would get the Sprint radio on screen once after reset, sometimes it would happen twice in a row. I disabled this feature on TG and enabled the same feature on an app called PowerUp, which another user suggested would avoid the double radio on screen. Since installing and enabling PU, I get only 1 radio on screen. I have disabled and removed PU and will try again with the latest beta of TG.
    Let me know how this goes. TreoGuard has always checked to see if the radio is on before trying to turn it on, so it shouldn't be a matter of which version you're using. I suppose it's possible that palmOne changed something between the 600 and the 650. I'll take a look...

I see a feature to "Lock ringer volume". Is there a comparable feature to "Lock ear piece volume" that would ensure all calls are heard through the ear piece at a user-defined volume (5, 6, 7 bars or whatever user decides)? If not, can you add this to the ever-growing list of feature requests I frequently find myself having to increase the volume in the earpiece which always defaults to 4 of 7 bars. It would be great to have it default to a volume of my choosing.

As always, thanks for the correspondence and consideration of feature requests!
    This is already on my list.

Geoff
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    Geoff,

Great App. I have been one of the original Treo 600 pioneers and had beta tested a slew of software in the past. I always experienced side effects from software mostly soft resets. I have not experienced any from TreoGuard on my 650. Kudos to you.

How about considering a feature to specifically disable the volume keys while a call is outgoing (not Incoming)? I like my screen on so that is not a solution for me. That functionality really belongs to TreoGuard. I could ask the other developers to produce something but it really should be a function of TreoGuard. Please consider adding this. I find the volume key lowering the volume when I put the 650 in the case while using the BT headset quite annoying. This ability should be a part of the feature set. We appreciate your fine work.
    fishnetb,

I'll consider this, though I can't promise it'll get in the next release.

Geoff
    Let me know how this goes. TreoGuard has always checked to see if the radio is on before trying to turn it on, so it shouldn't be a matter of which version you're using. I suppose it's possible that palmOne changed something between the 600 and the 650. I'll take a look...
    Geoff,

Even before having TG enabled, it seemed that the 650 occasionally turned the radio back on by itself after a reset... thought this was inconsistent. Another possibility is that TG is the first to turn the radio back on then the system mindlessly tries to repeat this task. I haven't noticed it since re-enabling the radio feature in the latest beta, but I'll post a note if it does happen. Thanks.
    I get same prob on my 650 w/TG... freq turn on radio twice..
    I wonder if a longer TG delay would help..giving time to check radio state if treo self restarts radio.... hmmm
    Geoff,

Several weird problems since installing 1.7.02:

1. I do not have TG "Screen" selected to turn off the screen. Since installing new version, the system auto-dim of the screen works very sporadically or no dimming at all.

2. Weird screen redraw issues with the Phone application... small icons appearing on the screen. If I select another app and return, they go away.

3. Hot keys working sporadically to speed dial numbers. ie; hold "H" to dial "Home" on speed dial. Used to just launch the dialing screen, now occasionally goes to number dial screen as if it thinks I'm starting to dial a number... then usually does the speed dial, but not always.

The only other utilities I have installed that might effect things include MarknDial, KeyCaps600, FieldPlus. The only change I made when noticing the issues above was new version of TG and recently enabled MarknDial. I'll try 1.7.03 of TG and see if this fixes things. If not, I'll disable other utilities one at a time to see if any of them is responsible and report results.

Josh
  18.    #98  
    Hi everyone.

I released a new version of TreoGuard over the weekend. Here's what's new since 1.6.08:

• Fixed issue with 'Turn radio on after reset' feature. This feature would not work if the 'Radio on at' checkbox was not selected and the '30 second delay' checkbox was also checked.

• Fixed conflict with Treo 600 built-in mail application and sprint Business Connection. This conflict caused the built-in mail application and the Sprint Business connection application to fail to connect if the 'Lock ringer volume' feature was enabled.

• Fixed issue with BT headset hangup when the 'Toggle Screen' action is assigned to the red phone button (Treo 650 only).

• Added 'Toggle Screen' action. This allows any of the four application buttons to toggle the screen on/off.

• Added support for disabling the Treo 650 side button for incoming calls. This prevents the ringer from being silenced by that button.

• Modified 'Power buttons toggle screen' feature to work on both the Treo 600 and the Treo 650.
    You can download the latest version from my site, or by selecting 'Updates & Support' from the TreoGuard 'Options' menu.

Enjoy!

Also, look for a new beta release soon. The beta will have some exciting new features, including:

Enhanced Radio Scheduling
    http://www.geakware.com/treoguard/im...adio_sched.gif

AeroPlayer Support
    http://www.geakware.com/treoguard/images/aeroplayer.gif

Geoff
  19.    #99  
    I've just posted the new beta to my site. The beta includes an enhancement of the radio scheduling feature to include support for multiple on/off times per day. It also adds support for AeroPlayer as a choice for ringtone player. Finally, some bugs were fixed.

Here are some updated screenshots of the new features:

http://www.geakware.com/treoguard/im...adio_sched.jpg
    http://www.geakware.com/treoguard/images/aeroplayer.jpg

To try the new beta, select 'Updates & Support' from the TreoGuard 'Options' menu.

Please let me know if you find any issues with the beta.

Geoff
    Thanks for the update, Geoff! The multiple radio scheduling is what I've been waiting for.