Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My TREOGUARD setting are:

ENABLED or "checked":
    Space - Return - Backspace - Alphanumeric - Volume - 5-way - Calendar - Email/SMS - Screen/Power

All "Key Actions" are set to "default"
    ONLY when Screen off "unchecked"
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJockeyJ
    My TREOGUARD setting are:

ENABLED or "checked":
    Space - Return - Backspace - Alphanumeric - Volume - 5-way - Calendar - Email/SMS - Screen/Power

All "Key Actions" are set to "default"
    ONLY when Screen off "unchecked"
    JetJockeyJ,

Have you tried checking the 'Phone' checkbox as well? The green phone button will answer calls when pressed, so if your case is pressing that button, you'll never hear your phone ring. I personaly disable everything but the 5-way, which I use to answer calls. However, I don't carry my Treo in a case (I carry it in my pocket), so you may want to disable all keys and use the touchsreen to answer your calls.

Let me know if that works for you.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
    Geoff,

Great utility, I am trying it out before I purchase. It is missing something I could really use. When using a bluetooth headset, dialing a number then putting the 650 in its case, the volume buttons somehow are pressed and the volume gets inadvertently lowered, the headsets have a low volume to begin with, quite annoying. Can this be added, disabling the volume button when making a call on the headset? I am not the only one complaining about this problem.

Thanks
    Geoff,

One more thing, I noticed that I had to do a soft reset before the keyes were disabled when I received a call. Is that normal?
    Sorry to say this but I'm currently experiencing massive power drainage on my Treo 600 with this program enabled/active.

I have done a trial/error and process of illimination and found this is the culprite.

Any ideas why this program consummes so much power. Could it be a conflict with another program?

I'm using version 1.6.08.

Might upgrade to your latest Beta version and see if that has an effect.

Good feedback for you is I love this program.

The main feature I like the most is the Ringer. Fantastic. None of the other phone programs I have tried offer volume increases. I never miss a call because of this feature.

Another reason I like this is when my SDcard comes out. Once I slot it back in your program contines on as if the card had been their all the time. Other phone programs tend to loose the connection and you have to resellect the file you want again. Pain in the ****.

Keep up the good work mate.
    Last edited by Ancient_One; 01/19/2005 at 04:51 PM.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

I've been to your website but can't find the beta version 1.7.01b to download. Can you give me a link for it thanks.
    Last edited by Ancient_One; 01/19/2005 at 08:17 PM.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_One
    Sorry to say this but I'm currently experiencing massive power drainage on my Treo 600 with this program enabled/active.

I have done a trial/error and process of illimination and found this is the culprite.

Any ideas why this program consummes so much power. Could it be a conflict with another program?

The main feature I like the most is the Ringer. Fantastic. None of the other phone programs I have tried offer volume increases. I never miss a call because of this feature.

Another reason I like this is when my SDcard comes out. Once I slot it back in your program contines on as if the card had been their all the time. Other phone programs tend to loose the connection and you have to resellect the file you want again. Pain in the ****.

See my posts on this thread (#26, 36, 37, 51). I too love this app and would like to be able to use the new features but I'm stuck with v1.5.03.

Geoff, I feel left out in the cold. Please stop debugging your 650 for awhile. Go back to a 600 (a better smartphone IMO) and fix this problem. Just being facetious. Seriously though, 600 users need your support too. Thanks for a great app BTW.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Ancient One,

Here's v1.5.03. I'm sure Geoff would have sent it to you if you asked for it, but I'm sure he's busy working on the bug. I hope.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Thanks Chem, I didn't want to bug him as he has enough bugs to contend with.

Oh dear............
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour

Geoff,

Not sure if these have been requested...

1. Radio enable after reset that checks radio status first, then enables only if the 650 hasn't re-enabled itself. For some reason, my 650 will sometimes re-enable automatically and then I get the Sprint logo screen twice if I have TreoGuard option enabled to perform this function. Not a big deal, but it would be a nice touch

2. Option to have network connection (Vision) disconnect after a given period of inactivity OR at power off OR ??? User-configurable options would be nice.

I use separate utilities for the above features currently, and I can certainly continue to do so. However, the more stuff I install, the more unstable my 650 seems to get. It would be great to consolidate to just TreoGuard as it's probably the utility with most features I use regularly and the options I mention above seem like reasonable extensions of the current TreoGuard functionality. Thanks for considering these as possible features for a future release and also for working hard on improving TreoGuard. It's a great utility
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    Geoff,

Great utility, I am trying it out before I purchase. It is missing something I could really use. When using a bluetooth headset, dialing a number then putting the 650 in its case, the volume buttons somehow are pressed and the volume gets inadvertently lowered, the headsets have a low volume to begin with, quite annoying. Can this be added, disabling the volume button when making a call on the headset? I am not the only one complaining about this problem.

Thanks
    fishnetb,

The volume buttons are automaticaly disabled when the screen is off, so if you use TreoGuard's screen off feature, it should solve the volume adjustment problem. I may consider adding a feature to specifically disable certain keys while a call is active, but I can make no promises.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    Geoff,

One more thing, I noticed that I had to do a soft reset before the keyes were disabled when I received a call. Is that normal?
    A soft reset may be necessary, depending upon how TreoGuard was installed. TreoGuard registers for certain system notifications when it's installed. In some cases, this registration may not happen, requiring a soft reset.

Thanks for trying TreoGuard. If you have any other questions or comments, please let me know.

Geoff
  12.    #72  

The only TreoGuard power consumption issue I'm aware of is related to using TreoGuard and the built-in mail application at the same time. It seems the mail application has trouble connecting when the 'Lock ringer volume' setting is enabled. This can cause the mail application to drain your battery... an indirect result of your use of TreoGuard. I'm am investigating what can be done to fix this. For now, don't check the 'Lock ringer volume' if you use the built-in mail app.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Geoff
  13.    #73  
    I've been to your website but can't find the beta version 1.7.01b to download. Can you give me a link for it thanks.
    If you'd like to try the beta, there's only one way to get it. Use the 'Updates & Support' menu item from within the TreoGuard application. It will launch Blazer and take you to a page that checks for updates. You should see a link for the beta there.

Geoff
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    See my posts on this thread (#26, 36, 37, 51). I too love this app and would like to be able to use the new features but I'm stuck with v1.5.03.

Geoff, I feel left out in the cold. Please stop debugging your 650 for awhile. Go back to a 600 (a better smartphone IMO) and fix this problem. Just being facetious. Seriously though, 600 users need your support too. Thanks for a great app BTW.
    ChemEngr,

I'm sorry you feel left out in the cold... even if you were just joking. I'm doing my best to make TreoGuard work well on both the Treo 600 and Treo 650. I'm currently not certain what I can do to resolve this problem, since it isn't yet clear to me why the 'Lock ringer volume' feature interferes with the mail application. For now, I recommend not using that feature. I'll do my best to get the issue resolved.

Geoff
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Geoff,

Not sure if these have been requested...

1. Radio enable after reset that checks radio status first, then enables only if the 650 hasn't re-enabled itself. For some reason, my 650 will sometimes re-enable automatically and then I get the Sprint logo screen twice if I have TreoGuard option enabled to perform this function. Not a big deal, but it would be a nice touch
    talkin73,

TreoGuard should already work as you request here. It already does a check to see if the radio is on before trying to turn it on again. Do you have any other 3rd-party apps that include a similar feature? I had another user report this problem only to determine it was caused by another app...

2. Option to have network connection (Vision) disconnect after a given period of inactivity OR at power off OR ??? User-configurable options would be nice.

I use separate utilities for the above features currently, and I can certainly continue to do so. However, the more stuff I install, the more unstable my 650 seems to get. It would be great to consolidate to just TreoGuard as it's probably the utility with most features I use regularly and the options I mention above seem like reasonable extensions of the current TreoGuard functionality. Thanks for considering these as possible features for a future release and also for working hard on improving TreoGuard. It's a great utility
    I've got this on my list, though I can't say when it will get done. My list seems to keep growing...

Geoff
  16.    #76  
    One final note...

Sorry for the long string of replies. For whatever reason, TC isn't notifying me of new posts. As a result, I'm a little behind.

Geoff
  17.    #77  
    I've posted a new TreoGuard beta (1.7.02b). This version fixes two things:

• Fixed issue with 'Turn radio on after reset' feature. This feature would not work if the 'Radio on at' checkbox was not selected and the '30 second delay' checkbox was also checked.

• Fixed conflict with Treo 600 built-in mail application and sprint Business Connection. This conflict caused the built-in mail application and the Sprint Business connection application to fail to connect if the 'Lock ringer volume' feature was enabled.
    The beta can be downloaded by selecting 'Updates & Support' from the TreoGuard 'Options' menu.

UPDATE: My hosting company tells me the server hosting my site is the subject of a DOS attack. If you are unable to contact my site to download the beta, please try again later... or see two posts down.
    Last edited by geakware; 01/22/2005 at 11:59 AM.
    Geoff, your website hasn't been working since last night. I'm excited to try your new beta but can't get it.
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Geoff, your website hasn't been working since last night. I'm excited to try your new beta but can't get it.
    Please see my update to the post above...

I've attached the new beta to this post for your convenience.

Geoff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Yudaman Geoff!!!