Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Hi Geoff,

I am using an unlocked Treo 600. I am using version 1.6.08. The settings: Turn screen off-> never; Turn screen on when call ends (checked); Power buttons toggle screen (checked); Disable keyguard when off (checked). Nothing else is checked.

Thanks, E
    Thanks Geoff,

I missed last week's releases. I'll try them out asap. Will keep you informed. Thanks again.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Is there an e-mail list to sign up for in order to get notices of new beta releases?
    Maybe it's just me, but TG seems to work sporadically on my 650. On my Treo 600 it was great - everything worked perfectly. However, on the 650, I'll look at the screen at 11pm (30 min after the radio was set by TG to turn off) and the radio is still on. Something it shuts off, other times it doesn't. Wierd...
    i installed the trial version of treoguard last night along with pocket tunes to use mp3s as my ringtone. today when someone called me it wouldnt let me answer and now my 650 crashes anytime i try to do anything and it wont let me delete the programs. i can warm reset but i dont want to hard reset yet. can i erase these two programs any other way?
    Last edited by CLEANFLIX; 01/11/2005 at 06:30 PM. Reason: i meant warm reset instead of soft reset
    Can you do a warm reset on the 650. That would keep any apps from loading so you would be able to delete the offending app. Then do a soft reset and everything should be back to normal.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    i meant to say warm reset. thats all i can do. it wont let me delete these programs. it crashes when i open up the delete tab
    Have you tried FileZ after a warm reset?
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 01/12/2005 at 11:43 AM.
    when i click on filez is cause it to crash
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    <SNIP>

I also want to restate a feature request: a scheduled soft reset. I would like to be able to schedule a soft reset everyday before turning the radio on. Using several 3rd party apps make the OS unstable, so periodic manual resets have worked for me. I would rather have an expected soft reset daily than the unexpected resets due to memory leak or error handling problems.

Thanks again.

Check out LookAtMe (a utility for scheduling program execution)
    CORRECTED LINK: http://www.palmblvd.com/software/pc/...4-palm-pc.html

Also, check out MReset (a utility to reboot a PalmOS device)
    http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=367

Just tried this combo on my Treo 600 & it works well.

(Edited to fix that first link )
    Last edited by srparr; 01/12/2005 at 09:04 PM.
    Faire sans dire
    "To do without speaking"
    (DEEDS NOT WORDS)
    Quote Originally Posted by srparr
    http://www.world-software-archive.co.../lookatme.html

I'll check these out.

Geoff,

Sad to report that the 1.6.08 and 1.7.01b have the same issue. Back to 1.5.03 for me. The new versions seem to have better stability handling phone calls and turning the screen off/back on. I would really like to be able to use the latest and greatest but when the native mail app hangs on 'connecting,' this drains the battery very quickly. Hope you find the bug soon. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by srparr
    http://www.world-software-archive.co.../lookatme.html

I like it. The link for LookAtMe didn't work - zip file corrupt. I got it from here instead. Have you had any issues with these two apps? Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEANFLIX
    when i click on filez is cause it to crash
    Sounds like an issue with the new file system. Maybe a hard reset is your only option. Sorry I couldn't help much since I don't have a 650.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    I like it. The link for LookAtMe didn't work - zip file corrupt. I got it from here instead. Have you had any issues with these two apps? Thanks again.
    Interesting ... I already had it installed & didn't download from that link. Glad you found a working copy ... I updated my post to point at the correct link. Anyone know if the author is still around? I'd like to register it, but it is fairly old software and I can't seem to contact him.

I don't use the soft reboot that way (I manually reboot via ZLauncher). I do use LookAtMe to launch Ptunes for an alarm clock. Works like a charm! The only time there was an issue was one time when the SD card was not recognized by Ptunes. Not a LookAtMe bug, which (as I said) works like a charm!

I believe this idea was originally from gfunkmagic; I've been shamelessly enjoying it ever since trying it out!
    Last edited by srparr; 01/12/2005 at 09:07 PM.
    Faire sans dire
    "To do without speaking"
    (DEEDS NOT WORDS)
    Geoff,

Two requests for you (one old, one new - at least from me):
    1) On the Radio option screen I would love to be able to have different times on different days (this is the old req).
    2) Can you add a noise for SMS alerts as well as ringers? I keep trying to use my reg'ed copy of Lightwav but since I upgraded to the 650 it has been far too unstable for me for whatever reason and I always come back to using Treogaurd for the ringer.

So what are tha chances of this? I would be willing to pay again if you get both of these features into TG.

TIA,

Kevin
    yep.
    I installed TreoGuard 4 days ago (loved it right away and registered it after 2 days). Great utility! I kept answering the phone by accident while taking it out of the case. That never happens any more.

The morning after registration of TreoGuard I was picking up my Treo 650 before leaving for work and the screen and keyboard were both ON.

I have BackupBuddyVFS Pro (new version) installed and it does a backup automatically for me at 0330 AM each day. My assumption is the screen/keyboard remained lit up after the backup until I turned it off in the morning.

At first I blamed TreoGuard, but Im not so sure because I haven't been able to reproduce it.

It hasn't happened since. Also I've experimented with it by changing the auto-backup time so I can observe the backup over and over while I leave the radio ON/Off etc, and have not been able to reproduce it.

This has me stumped, but now I'm paranoid that my screen is going to be on all night!

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Is there an e-mail list to sign up for in order to get notices of new beta releases?
    ERicJ,

When a new beta is released, I make it available on my site. You can use the 'Updates & Support' menu option in TreoGuard to determine if a new official update or beta release is available.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by krock
    Geoff,

Two requests for you (one old, one new - at least from me):
    1) On the Radio option screen I would love to be able to have different times on different days (this is the old req).
    2) Can you add a noise for SMS alerts as well as ringers? I keep trying to use my reg'ed copy of Lightwav but since I upgraded to the 650 it has been far too unstable for me for whatever reason and I always come back to using Treogaurd for the ringer.

So what are tha chances of this? I would be willing to pay again if you get both of these features into TG.

TIA,

Kevin
    Kevin,

Your first (old) request is close to the top of my list of enhancements for the next release. Your second is on my list but not nearly as high and will not likely be in the next release. However, it's on the list and may eventually be implemented.

Geoff
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    I installed TreoGuard 4 days ago (loved it right away and registered it after 2 days). Great utility! I kept answering the phone by accident while taking it out of the case. That never happens any more.

The morning after registration of TreoGuard I was picking up my Treo 650 before leaving for work and the screen and keyboard were both ON.

I have BackupBuddyVFS Pro (new version) installed and it does a backup automatically for me at 0330 AM each day. My assumption is the screen/keyboard remained lit up after the backup until I turned it off in the morning.

At first I blamed TreoGuard, but Im not so sure because I haven't been able to reproduce it.

It hasn't happened since. Also I've experimented with it by changing the auto-backup time so I can observe the backup over and over while I leave the radio ON/Off etc, and have not been able to reproduce it.

This has me stumped, but now I'm paranoid that my screen is going to be on all night!

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    ChickenHawk,

When TreoGuard turns on the radio at the time you've scheduled, it leaves the screen on until the auto-off timeout (configured in Prefs). However, it should not be on indefinitely. This could explain what you saw... perhaps TreoGuard had just turned on your Treo's radio a short time before you picked it up.

I eventually plan to change TreoGuard so that it will turn the screen back off once the radio is turned on.

Geoff
    Geoff,

OK... I really need your help on this one Geoff... In response to your reply from my other thread [CLICK HERE to go to that thread

I had a thread called "Treo650 Problem Or Case Problem??" I am using a "Nutshell" hip holster/pouch style case from Ian at Nutshell. When the phone is securely inserted in the case the phone NEVER rings. I have gone through all of the stretching as Ian of Nutshell had advised me to do. He recommended TreoGuard, but it never did the trick for me. The screen lights up and then it makes that single short "error" like tone, then that's it. Well, you sure aren't going to hear that little "error" like tone when there is an incoming call. Ian hasn't flat out answered me, if ALL Nutshell pouch style case owners are experiencing this kind of problem or not. I have taken a lot of time and have read many many threads relating to similar problems like this, but I have had NO resolution to my saga. I love this case and this style case, and can't believe I am the only one with this CONTINUING problem. I have tried both TreoGuard and then Keepoff applications. Keepoff, I thought was the "cure" but only for a few days, but now I have the same exact problem. Keepoff performs exactly the same as TreoGuard for my situation. Both were PROPERLY installed and the CORRECT options were enabled. I don't think it's a T650 problem isolated to only me, and the software I've tried doesn't fix this problem. I can't see if it's the spacebar, another button or several buttons being slightly depressed from the case causing this dilema. I don't know anyone who has a T650 that I can stick in my case and see what happens. Please let me know what you think, this has gone on too long and I'm missing important phone calls.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast