Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 176
  1. #21  
    Another request along the lines of diabling the radio is if there is a way to disable the phone trying to make a connection to the Vision service while Roaming. I use GoodLink and when I get out of Sprint's service area and start roaming, the phone still periodically tries to connect to the Vision network. It would be nice to have a toggle along the lines of Don't connect to Vision while Roaming.

    Thanks.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    I haven't yet decided how to best deal with screen toggling on the 650. Obviously, there's no main power button any longer and the other power button also hangs up. Suggestions are welcome.
    Can you take over the press and hold on the center of the 5-way? Mine takes me to an "alerts" screen. The "buttons" option in Prefs does not allow you to change this either...
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
  3. #23  
    Geoff, this thread (which refers to yet another thread which I haven't located) seems to indicate that many folks experience a problem where they have to reset the earpiece volume for every call. Can this be added to TreoGuard... a feature that will keep the earpiece volume at a user-defined volume during calls?

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=65032
  4. #24  
    I think I ran into an incompatiblity between TreoGuard 1.6.03 and Mergic VPN 1.1b.

    Whenever I enable the feature "Lock ringer volume" in TreoGuard, Mergic VPN never gets past "Initializing" after establishing a PCS Vision connection. Weird!!!!!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    I haven't yet decided how to best deal with screen toggling on the 650. Obviously, there's no main power button any longer and the other power button also hangs up. Suggestions are welcome.
    Judging by the users we have at TC, the only surefire solution would be to make this user-configurable. Something like Hi-Launcher where you can virtually map any button to the function.
  6. #26  
    Hi Geoff. Just want to report an anomaly. For the past week since the latest release I have found Palm mail v1.02a auto-fetch to be very unreliable. Checking the connection log reveals either very long fetch times (6,000+ seconds) or often when I go to the mail app the connection screen is on and would not complete. I manually try to send/receive and still would not complete. Gets fixed after a soft reset. Yesterday when I saw this issue again, instead of a soft reset I disabled TG. Went back to mail app and send/receive went through. Re-enabled TG and everything seems normal including auto-fetch. Until later in the day when the same issue recurred and disabling TG resolved it again. I've never seen this issue until the latest TG which is my only new app for awhile. I also had one looping reset when I had pTunes ringer enabled (not sure if this feature of TG caused this though), tried to make a call several times but I can't hear the other party so I soft reset which led to the loop - required warm reset and TG uninstall. ##377 says TG. Not using pTunes ringer at the moment. Any thoughts?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  7. #27  
    Geoff, I have found that I cannot set the radio to "turn on after reset" and retrieve my sbcglobal (yahoo) mail (manually) through the built-in mail program on the Treo 600 (GSM). Once I uncheck that, all is fine.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
  8.    #28  
    ChemEngr/Levyesq,

    I'll look into the issues with the interaction between TreoGuard and the mail application on the 600. It may be a while though, since my Treo 600 is out of commission for about a week until Sprint restores its service. Long story...

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  9. #29  
    Been rubbing the lastest build and it seems to work well with the 650. I LOVE THE SMS POP-UP supression whilst on a call. Nice Touch!!!

    Is there anyway to add a function to the space bar a call is under way? I would love to get the spacebar=speakerphone function back. Don't know why P1 left it off on the 650.

    Thanks again Geoff!!

    Matt
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Been rubbing the lastest build and it seems to work well with the 650. I LOVE THE SMS POP-UP supression whilst on a call. Nice Touch!!!

    Is there anyway to add a function to the space bar a call is under way? I would love to get the spacebar=speakerphone function back. Don't know why P1 left it off on the 650.

    Thanks again Geoff!!

    Matt
    Matt,

    It's not exactly what you're asking for, but you can toggle the speakerphone by assigning that action to one of the four application buttons. A nice side benefit of that is that it works even when the screen if off.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    Matt,

    It's not exactly what you're asking for, but you can toggle the speakerphone by assigning that action to one of the four application buttons. A nice side benefit of that is that it works even when the screen if off.

    Geoff
    Geoff Thanks, I may try that. If you come across a way to get back the Spacebar = Speakerphone (like the 600 had), please add it to TreoGuard if your would please. Thanks for the responce.
    Regards, Matt
  12.    #32  
    Just a quick note to let everyone know that I've release a new version (1.6.06) with fixes related to the Pocket Tunes ringtone feature. Fixes include:

    - Modified Pocket Tunes ringtone feature to work with any version of Pocket Tunes. The repeat selection was causing resets with earlier versions.

    - Improved audio file selector error handling.

    You can get it by selecting 'Updates & Support' from the TreoGuard 'Options' menu or by visiting my site.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Geoff Thanks, I may try that. If you come across a way to get back the Spacebar = Speakerphone (like the 600 had), please add it to TreoGuard if your would please. Thanks for the responce.
    Regards, Matt
    It's definitely possible. I've been considering some improvements to the key actions feature that may include this in an upcoming release. No promises though...

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  14. #34  
    Geoff

    What am missing? How can I assign the Speakerphone to a hard button Under Prefs>buttons their is no choice for speakerphone...HELP please, it is a feature I really miss
  15.    #35  
    Geoff

    What am missing? How can I assign the Speakerphone to a hard button Under Prefs>buttons their is no choice for speakerphone...HELP please, it is a feature I really miss
    1. Start TreoGuard.
    2. Select the 'Keys' category.
    3. Press the 'Actions' button.
    4. Assign the 'Toggle Speaker' action to one of the four application buttons.

    Let me know if you have any other questions.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  16. #36  
    Hi Geoff,

    This latest iteration of TreoGuard has caused me more problems than any of the previous ones. Mainly its interaction with the native mail program. I've mentioned before that it makes email auto-fetch very unreliable. And the caveat is that it drains the battery while fetching is in a pseudo hang mode. Hence the main reason I use TreoGuard for (save battery) is obviated. I have no doubt that it is TreoGuard causing this because everything works fine when I disable or delete it. I also noticed that when scheduling the radio to turn on, mail initiates a fetch immediately after wireless mode turns on even though I don't schedule a mail fetch until later in the day (even manually turning on wireless mode initiates a mail fetch). It has also reset when using pTunes ringer - this feature is not important to me though. Lastly, it does a good job of silencing alerts while on a phone call but shouldn't it sound out the alert after the call is finished? I've missed a couple of messages this way. On a positive note, this version is the most reliable I've seen as far as turning off the screen while on a call and turning it back on when call completes. Please keep up the efforts. I know you are now working on utilities for the 650. But I plan to keep my 600 until the next treo release (forgoing the 650). TreoGuard is a must have app for me so please resolve these issues. I'm going to install the last beta that didn't give me as much trouble for now. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  17. #37  
    Geoff,

    Since my last post above, I've been playing with older versions of TreoGuard hoping to find one that doesn't affect the native mail app's send/receive function. I'm hoping it'll help you find a fix sooner than later.

    v1.6.3 - definite problem with mail fetch; even if TG is disabled
    v1.6.1 - same as v1.6.3
    TG uninstalled completely - no mail problems (two consecutive days)
    v1.5.1 - no mail problems (two consecutive days)
    v1.5.3 - no mail problems (two consecutive days)

    Reading your release notes, it is apparent that the bug was introduced with the code changes adding the new features: pTunes ringer and silencing alerts. I definitely miss the 'silencing alerts' feature and the v1.5.3 which I'm sticking with at the moment is not very reliable in turning screen back on after a call completes and doesn't turn back off when call waiting is received.

    I also want to restate a feature request: a scheduled soft reset. I would like to be able to schedule a soft reset everyday before turning the radio on. Using several 3rd party apps make the OS unstable, so periodic manual resets have worked for me. I would rather have an expected soft reset daily than the unexpected resets due to memory leak or error handling problems.

    Thanks again.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  18. #38  
    Hi Geoff,

    I just purchased TreoGuard a few days ago so that I can turn off the screen during calls (that is all I use it for really). However, I notice that the screen cannot be turned off if call waiting is activated. For example, I'm on the phone talking to person a and person b calls me. Call waiting flashes and I take person b's call (disconnecting with person a). At this point, the screen cannot be turned off using the power button on top of the phone. Any ideas? I don't have any special software installed for phone calls. I only have LED Off. Thanks, E.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Geoff,

    Since my last post above, I've been playing with older versions of TreoGuard hoping to find one that doesn't affect the native mail app's send/receive function. I'm hoping it'll help you find a fix sooner than later.

    v1.6.3 - definite problem with mail fetch; even if TG is disabled
    v1.6.1 - same as v1.6.3
    TG uninstalled completely - no mail problems (two consecutive days)
    v1.5.1 - no mail problems (two consecutive days)
    v1.5.3 - no mail problems (two consecutive days)

    Reading your release notes, it is apparent that the bug was introduced with the code changes adding the new features: pTunes ringer and silencing alerts. I definitely miss the 'silencing alerts' feature and the v1.5.3 which I'm sticking with at the moment is not very reliable in turning screen back on after a call completes and doesn't turn back off when call waiting is received.

    I also want to restate a feature request: a scheduled soft reset. I would like to be able to schedule a soft reset everyday before turning the radio on. Using several 3rd party apps make the OS unstable, so periodic manual resets have worked for me. I would rather have an expected soft reset daily than the unexpected resets due to memory leak or error handling problems.

    Thanks again.
    ChemEngr,

    Thanks for helping to narrow down the cause of the problem. I'll try to take a closer look at that sometime this week to see if something jumps out at me.

    I released a few new versions last week. 1.6.08 fixed a few bugs, though I didn't specifically address this issue. 1.7.01b was also released for beta testing. It adds better support for the Treo 650. You might try either of these to see if the problem persists.

    With respect to your feature request, I can't guarantee I'll add that feature to TreoGuard. However, if I get a moment, I'll try to create a custom app for you.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie590
    Hi Geoff,

    I just purchased TreoGuard a few days ago so that I can turn off the screen during calls (that is all I use it for really). However, I notice that the screen cannot be turned off if call waiting is activated. For example, I'm on the phone talking to person a and person b calls me. Call waiting flashes and I take person b's call (disconnecting with person a). At this point, the screen cannot be turned off using the power button on top of the phone. Any ideas? I don't have any special software installed for phone calls. I only have LED Off. Thanks, E.
    eddie590,

    Are you using a Treo 600 or Treo 650? Also, which version of TreoGuard are you using? Finally, can you let me know what your TreoGuard settings are? Once I've got that information, I'll take a look to see what the problem is.

    Thanks,
    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions