1.    #1  
    i used to be able to do that with tcringer on treo 300 but it don't work on treo650. any other software that will for sure do this?
    The easiest way, I've found, of installing MIDI files as ringtones is to stick the files on a web server and download them thru blazer. You'll be prompted to save them as "Sounds" and then they become selectable as ringtones.
  3.    #3  
    nonono. let me clarify. if you look there are two different sets of "sounds" files on treo; midi ringtones & system midi sounds. certain apps only use system midi sounds for their "alarm" functions. there are sounds that I have in system midi sounds that won't show up in the manage part of sounds. I want to copy them to midi ringtones. any advice?
    have you tried playing around with palm midi desktop? not really sure if it would work but i know it can be used to edit the midi ringtones database
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  5.    #5  
    i just found out that hoho ringtone manager can & did dso this. case closed!