1.    #1  
    On both my 300 and 600 I used Snappermail for all mail accounts. Now that we have versamail on the 650 I am wondering if I should bother with Snapper any more. I only sync with my Yahoo account, so I am not what you would call a treo mail power user. Thoughts?
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    Versamail and Gmail (POP) works just fine here. Best of all, its free!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn14
    On both my 300 and 600 I used Snappermail for all mail accounts. Now that we have versamail on the 650 I am wondering if I should bother with Snapper any more. I only sync with my Yahoo account, so I am not what you would call a treo mail power user. Thoughts?
    Two words...sunken costs. You've already paid for SM, so why not use it? I guess saving approx. 700k in space might be a good reason...hmm, time for me to ponder my own e-mail needs as a new 650 owner.
    Try VersaMail. It works quite nicely for me...
    i was thinking of using versamail (i have been a snapper mail user for a while) but after playing with it for a while i found that it apparently does not have the ability to have a reply-to address that is different from the pop address of the account. that was a deal breaker for me so i am sticking with snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by uribudnik
    i was thinking of using versamail (i have been a snapper mail user for a while) but after playing with it for a while i found that it apparently does not have the ability to have a reply-to address that is different from the pop address of the account. that was a deal breaker for me so i am sticking with snapper.
    Wait..doesn't it if you go to preferences and then "Reply" under "Messages"
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Versamail and Gmail (POP) works just fine here. Best of all, its free!
    By far, the best feature of Versamail is the ability to use Gmail. Snapper will not allow it because it lacks the necessary SSL authentication settings. Snapper is definitely a more user friendly, intuitive application to usethough. I love the press and hold options which Versamail does not have. You have to select each email individually (or use menus), rather than hold and drag like SM. But Versamail does allow you to check gmail. I did use gmail yesterday with VM and sent a couple small attachments. It wasn't the best experience. It did eventually go, but kept showing the email in the outbox even after it was apparently sent. The send progress bar is misleading. It immediately jumps to sent, then sort of hangs for a while.

Right now, I use VM for gmail and Snapper for verizon mail, even though VM works fine for both.

Eric
    hi, sowwie to sound like a total newbie, but i'm not realli familiar with getting email on palms.... could use some help here

just bought the treo 650 2 days ago...and versamail, when i try to configure it(gmail), it gives me the option to check "use ssl" on the computer, and since i need that, i select it, but when i "test connection" it says that versamail does not support SSL??? i'm confused :s and it doesn't download me gmail mail... so..i'm stuck

one last question(thanks guys), snappermail, can it download email when i hotsync instead of wirelessly? cause it seems mainly like a wireless email client to me, was wondering if it could handle the hotsync emails.....mobile internet aint cheep :P

(btw, this phone seems to keep shutting down(the phone) on its own now and then...anybody else experienceing this problem?)

much thanks fer the help

Kinson.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    By far, the best feature of Versamail is the ability to use Gmail. Snapper will not allow it because it lacks the necessary SSL authentication settings. Snapper is definitely a more user friendly, intuitive application to usethough. I love the press and hold options which Versamail does not have. You have to select each email individually (or use menus), rather than hold and drag like SM. But Versamail does allow you to check gmail. I did use gmail yesterday with VM and sent a couple small attachments. It wasn't the best experience. It did eventually go, but kept showing the email in the outbox even after it was apparently sent. The send progress bar is misleading. It immediately jumps to sent, then sort of hangs for a while.

Right now, I use VM for gmail and Snapper for verizon mail, even though VM works fine for both.

Eric

sorry to break your heart
    my snapper works with gmail
    been doing that since day one i got my treo 650

here's the helpline from google for snapper

http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/...4043&topic=194
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    ... Snapper will not allow it because it lacks the necessary SSL authentication settings. ....
    This is not true, I am using Snapper to access my Gmail account just fine. In the advanced server settings, you need to use the "always secure (wrapped port)" setting for both POP3 and SMTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    This is not true, I am using Snapper to access my Gmail account just fine. In the advanced server settings, you need to use the "always secure (wrapped port)" setting for both POP3 and SMTP.

yeap

for receiving side, i used wrapped port

and for sending side, i used sttls...whatever that means
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    I recently upgraded from the Treo 600 to the Treo 650 as well. I ran into memory issues on the Treo 650 so I switched from SnapperMail to VersaMail to save valuable memory. In my opinion VersaMail is a step back from SnapperMail. SnapperMail has a cleaner interface and can retrieve multiple pop email accounts into one mailbox. Five in my case. VersaMail treats each pop account as a separate area with individual inboxes. I was fortunate to locate a utility on TreoCentral from DataViz Support to load Documents ToGo to the SD Card freeing up internal memory so I could load SnapperMail.

I have not looked back.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehud
    I recently upgraded from the Treo 600 to the Treo 650 as well. I ran into memory issues on the Treo 650 so I switched from SnapperMail to VersaMail to save valuable memory. In my opinion VersaMail is a step back from SnapperMail. SnapperMail has a cleaner interface and can retrieve multiple pop email accounts into one mailbox. Five in my case. VersaMail treats each pop account as a separate area with individual inboxes. I was fortunate to locate a utility on TreoCentral from DataViz Support to load Documents ToGo to the SD Card freeing up internal memory so I could load SnapperMail.

I have not looked back.....
    Mike... you care to share the "utility" you "located"
    I love the press and hold options which Versamail does not have.

Eric

Where do you do the press and hold in Snapper mail? Do you mean press and hold with the center button or what? Please explain.

Thanks,

Al
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBathGate
    Mike... you care to share the "utility" you "located"
    Can't tell if you really want to know or if you're just being an ***. Here it is anyway:

http://mytreo.net/downloads/modules....etails/lid/510

DataVizTech
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Can't tell if you really want to know or if you're just being an ***. Here it is anyway:

http://mytreo.net/downloads/modules....etails/lid/510

DataVizTech
    An ***? Tsk tsk... I was TRUELY ASKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Besides, that's no way to talk to ur DADDY MF! But thanks ANYWAY!
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    LOL. np.