Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    when i hotsync via cable, it hangs upon "calendar" syncing. only thing to resolve this is soft reset treo. but it can never get past this now. also now when I hotsync, it asks for a username like I am restoring a hard reset. how do i hotsync treo as if NOT doing hard reset (like it's supposed to do) & how do I get past the calendar bug? this is really getting to me. the treo 650 is awesome device but reliability is piece o sheeeyite!!! i uninstalled & reinstalled desktop software to no availe...
    Don't know the answer, but I posted this same problem 2 days ago with no responses. I no longer hotsync, which really defeats the purpose of the pda functionality.
  3.    #3  
    bump!
    I had this problem, when I first got my Treo 650. Its not actually hung up on that object - its just the last object in the hot sync list. If you let it sit long enough it will actually time out and sync ok.

The problem appeared (in my case) to be caused by something hanging up with the Outlook conduits.
    My solution was to dump Outlook (Palm desktop is nicer). However Palm1 issued a patch a few days ago that seems to solve the problem for some people.

Search around the forum you will find a link to the patch.

Kevin
  5.    #5  
    can you post a link to this patch? i searched but couldn't find it...
  6.    #6  
    got it
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    got it
    Share please! Post a link!
    it's an outlook conduit patch on the palmone site; i downloaded it but still hang on calendar sync with ultimate automatic soft reset
    Ok, here's a wierd one... my calendar is now syncing, BUT now I am getting a bunch of junk appointments TODAY and everything else seems to be working fine. Has anybody seen anything like this.
    no. i just wish i could hotsync my appts. just once.
    i went to palmone's support site and ran through the list of suggestions for hotsync failure error 6410 (my consistent error) and wafter no success, palmone directed me to the sprint site for further technical issues. okaaaaay. so i emailed sprint with the problem. can't wait for that response!!!!
    Anybody find a solution to this hanging during hotsync of calendar? It's been syncing calendar for 30 minutes now and nothing is happening. My calendar is not that big. This is a real bummer. I have not been able to sync the calendar for 2 weeks now. I am sick and tired of having to do aother hard reset.

Quote Originally Posted by ido
    no. i just wish i could hotsync my appts. just once.
    i went to palmone's support site and ran through the list of suggestions for hotsync failure error 6410 (my consistent error) and wafter no success, palmone directed me to the sprint site for further technical issues. okaaaaay. so i emailed sprint with the problem. can't wait for that response!!!!
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I had this same exact problem. you have corrupt calendar files. I ended up doing a full hard reset and restore. but during the restore/sync process it would hang when it got the calendar files. what I had to was delete the file that was causing the hang. in my case I had 12 files that kept on causing sync to hang. when you do a sync look to see which file it is hanging on. then cancel the sync and go into the backup folder on your desktop and delete the offending file. repeat the procedure until you can sync. this worked for me. let me know how I can help.
    I have hang ups frequently and I delete or move files to have more free space. I've found if I have less than 4 mb 'free' I have problems. I like the treo, but won't get another if it's not much more user friendly.
    Thanks, burirus. I guess I'll have to do a hard reset. I'll let you know how I make out.

Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    I had this same exact problem. you have corrupt calendar files. I ended up doing a full hard reset and restore. but during the restore/sync process it would hang when it got the calendar files. what I had to was delete the file that was causing the hang. in my case I had 12 files that kept on causing sync to hang. when you do a sync look to see which file it is hanging on. then cancel the sync and go into the backup folder on your desktop and delete the offending file. repeat the procedure until you can sync. this worked for me. let me know how I can help.
    Just found this thread tonight. Had a similar problem a few days ago all of a sudden. You DO NOT have corrupted calendar files. (At least I didn't) PalmOne has posted a patch which is located here:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...daterv102.html

This should correct the problem (it did for me).

Hope this helps.

Cliff
    hi
    I had the exact same problem and none of the solution provided above helped me.

What I did however is the following:
    1- Create a new user under Palmdesktop - Say user2
    2- Export my calendar from user1 and save it.
    3- Import user1's calendar into user2's calendar => it complained about an event not correct (something was set to an invalid date so it fixed it to
    the oldest date Calendar has (1/1/1971))
    4- Exported user2's calendar.
    5- Changed datebook.dat file from user1 to old_datebook.dat in Windows
    6- copied user2's calendar into user1's and renaming it datebook.dat
    7- resynchronized and this time it passed Calendar...

Hope it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    when i hotsync via cable, it hangs upon "calendar" syncing. only thing to resolve this is soft reset treo. ...
    Download trial ver of Datebk5. It has a utility called DBScan. Try running it to see if it finds any errors in your calander, todo etc databases.

Read the instructions carefully before running this..

By the way, datebk5 is a great application too.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    More info:

dbScan. dbScan is a utility program that performs an integrity check on the Datebook database. It scans every record in the database looking for errors which indicate that corruption has occurred. For example, records that are out of position (all records are supposed to be in chronlogical order), or records that have invalid dates, or where a note field exceeds the maximum length. While DateBk5 has never caused corruption in the datebook database, there are conduits that do cause problems on occasion, and dbScan is the quick way to pinpoint the culprit without endless finger-pointing.

dbScan is so useful that many other companies, including Palm technical support, and some of our competitors(!) have recommended its use.

You do not need to have this installed at all times on your device, but if you are using some new software that modifies the datebook database and start to have problems, dbScan will prove to be invaluable.

Note: dbScan can be used to remove any deleted records that cause the DataManager Patch on the Tungsten T3 and E to crash underneath a third party application with a DmWrite Error.

dbScan is freeware and can be freely used by anyone provided that the application itself is not modified.

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Download trial ver of Datebk5. It has a utility called DBScan. Try running it to see if it finds any errors in your calander, todo etc databases.

Read the instructions carefully before running this..

By the way, datebk5 is a great application too.

I have found that dbscan doesn't work (causes a soft reset) when I try to scan now that I did the Sprint update. Have you tried this? What version of dbscan do you have?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    This morning, my Treo 650 (w/1.08 update) was hanging on the hotsync of my Calendar. Previously, I had tried running DBScan (v-1.7c) only to get a soft reset after pressing 'Start Scan'. So, taking another poster's advice, I tried using 'Remove All Deleted Records' under Options (press Menu key). This found two calendar entries that had been deleted at some point in the past (possibly, before the 1.08 update was applied?) and cleaned them out. After doing this, I was successfully able to use the 'Start Scan' feature without encountering a reset. No problems were discovered... Now, my hotsync works again!

I hope this works for everybody else as well!
    -Brian-
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast