1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to, or if it's even possible, to have Versamail [the built-in email app] to vibrate in addition to sounding an alarm? Also the previous mail app with the 600 used to pop-up with a notification similar to an appointment notice now only the astrick* in the upper left shows up when I get email. Is this no longer possible? Thanks!

Sin,
    -Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by antichristpm
    Does anyone know how to, or if it's even possible, to have Versamail [the built-in email app] to vibrate in addition to sounding an alarm? Also the previous mail app with the 600 used to pop-up with a notification similar to an appointment notice now only the astrick* in the upper left shows up when I get email. Is this no longer possible? Thanks!

Sin,
    -Paul
    Go to Prefs->Sounds and alerts. Use the drop down list for messaging and make your changes there.

As for the * on the 650 vs. the notification page on the 600 I am also really disappointed with this. It is even worse that the * doesn't show up unless you press the center button to release keyguard.

All in all, I am very disappointed with Versamail vs. Treo 600 mail but I am hoping they will release an update to fix some of these problems.
  3.    #3  
    That change in preferences only seems to affect SMS messages. Not emails. Any other suggestions?
    I am having so many issues with VersaMail that I guess I didn't even realize if it vibrated. It would only do it once anyway so it wouldn't make that much of a difference. I am working with PDAApps to get TreoAlertMgr working on the 650 (some people report they have gotten it to work). As soon as it is, I can have it alert multiple times with both sound and vibrate.
  5. Tpk
    It works if you use Butler and set it for vibrate alerts under Old Alarms.
  6. Tpk
    Use Butler to make it vibrate for notifications. You have to set the default app back to Versamail in the Treo Preferences to get the icon to show up.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I changed to Chatter for just this very reason. 15 months later there have been many other useful features that I have discovered. Versamail is the Devil.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry