Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. dnt
    dnt is offline
    dnt's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
       #1  
    Had a close one yesterday. Let my girlfriend hold my T650 while I drive. Figure it would be safer than bouncing around in my seat. =) Anyways when she got out she forgot it was in her lap and it drop on the street. Luckily for me it was just scratch but not damage in anyways. Got me thinking... I do have lockline on it but the question is will they replace it with another T650 or would I be getting a T600? That would suck. Any damage their T650 yet?
  2. #2  
    I initially registered my 600 with lockline. Does anyone know if you have to inform them of a phone upgrade, or does sprint do this automatically?
  3. #3  
    Yes, you would need to register the new phone with Lockline so they can check it out before it is insured. They need to call the number to make sure it is working and in your possession before it can be insured.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  4. icewing's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #4  
    Also there is a time lag of 20 days before the insurance kicks in - this is to prevent people from loosing or having their phone destroyed, and then calling to get insurance....they actually call your phone and make you key the phone number in to verify that your phone is working.

    Beware, I set up this insurance back in Sept on two phones (mine and the wife's), anticipating the Treo. Turned out they started it on hers, but not mine - just called today and now have to spend another 20 paranoid days hoping nothing happens to my new toy, er, tool...
  5. #5  
    Be very sure that LockLine covers your Treo. Cingular use LockLine but they will NOT cover any smartphones.
  6. #6  
    Pardon the newbie question...

    Lockline's site directs you to SprintPCS.com's page on the Total Equipment Protection plan. So to try and get protection for the Treo 650 (a new plan), I should do this through Sprint and my Sprint invoice ($5 a month) versus through Lockline directly?

    Has anyone confirmed that this is available for the T650? After all, Sprint's own website doesn't recognize the device in MyPCS yet...
  7. #7  
    I just got off the phone with SPCS and was informed by the rep that the insurance follows the phone line not the phone. I was assured that my Treo 650 was covered. I hope she is right! Anyone else get similar information from Sprint?
  8. #8  
    I switched from a Samsung i500 to the Treo 650. I called Lockline and they confirmed that the insurance was on my Treo 650. It follows the phone number as long as you activate a brand new phone and switch. This might only be because I bought the phone from Sprint. If you buy it from somewhere else, you might want to call and check.
  9. #9  
    Just signed up. (Having lost two Samsung cameraphones to a toilet-obsessed toddler, it seemed like a good idea.) Quick and painless via Lockline at 1-800-584-3666. It is indeed by line, not device... a plus with their existing relationship with Sprint. Now I just have to be paranoid and overprotective until Dec. 20...
  10. #10  
    if you just set up a new line however your covered from day one.
  11. ERicJ's Avatar
    Posts
    758 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinjack
    I just got off the phone with SPCS and was informed by the rep that the insurance follows the phone line not the phone. I was assured that my Treo 650 was covered. I hope she is right! Anyone else get similar information from Sprint?
    I got that same info from SPCS *2 when I called on Sunday.
  12. #12  
    i spoke with lockline when i got my treo 650 to tell them i was upgrading from a trero 600 they already had me covered its automatic
  13. #13  
    thanks for the valuable info above. i was thinkig of signing up for the insurance and i even started a thread over in the sprint/verizon board asking for info on the coverage.

    after reading this i went ahead and called the number (1-800-584-3666) to sign up for lockline.

    for those of you reading this that do not have lock/line insurance, its really simple. when you call the number an automated system asks for your sprint pcs number and the 1st 3 letters of your last name. once you are authenticated there is a longish but clear explanation of the coverage. interestingly, at the end of the recorded explanation you are not asked if you want to sign up or not, you are just told to keep your phone on and that you will receive a confirmation call in the next 20 minutes.

    when you get that call is when the systems asks you to press 1 if you want to sign up for the coverage.

    i just did it and its cake.

    thanks for the useful info from those who posted in this thread.

    i had a treo 300 for more than 2 years (i think, i got it the 1st day it came out) and i just upgraded to the 650. i never dropped the phone but i still think its prudent to spend the $5 and be covered.

    by the way, i am not sure this should be a treo 650 only thread. this really applies to all the equipment
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by uribudnik
    for those of you reading this that do not have lock/line insurance, its really simple. when you call the number an automated system asks for your sprint pcs number and the 1st 3 letters of your last name. once you are authenticated there is a longish but clear explanation of the coverage. interestingly, at the end of the recorded explanation you are not asked if you want to sign up or not, you are just told to keep your phone on and that you will receive a confirmation call in the next 20 minutes.

    when you get that call is when the systems asks you to press 1 if you want to sign up for the coverage.

    i just did it and its cake.
    Thanks for the instructions, uribudnik! Followed them to the letter, got my callback less than a minute after hanging up, and now I'm all set.

    tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  15. #15  
    thanks, I'm signing up too. I'm also transfering from my Treo 300 too like uribudnik above.

    I did have the the lockline insurance on the first sprint smartphone to ever come out, the TP-3000, and used it multiple times. It was $4/month and $35 deductable back then, and it was a great experience.
  16. #16  
    I always had this question......... A long time ago I lost a cell phone, i thought I left it in the train. Called Lockline and they sent me a replacement overnight. A week after I found my "lost" cell phone in my girlfriends house. What can be done with the old cell phone, can I give it to someone to connect it with sprint or does lockline/sprint prevent that?
  17. #17  
    It's now been 20 days since I ordered lockline. My question is, how do I know when I have it? When I go to the "My Phone & Plan > Plan Details" page at sprintpcs.com, the "Sprint PCS Total Equipment Protection" option still appears in the "Upgrade Your Plan" section, and not the "Your Current Plan" section.

    Or is the 20 day waiting period counting work days?

    Thanks in advance!

    tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  18. #18  
    Hi, I recently posted this in another thread, so forgive me for double-posting, but it seems far more appropriate in this thread:

    If a person were to convert their Treo650 from Sprint to Verizon, could he contact Lockline on his own (via their website) and get the same insurance without going through Sprint (since I'm sure Verizon wouldn't cover our non-Verizon T650's)?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    It's now been 20 days since I ordered lockline. My question is, how do I know when I have it? When I go to the "My Phone & Plan > Plan Details" page at sprintpcs.com, the "Sprint PCS Total Equipment Protection" option still appears in the "Upgrade Your Plan" section, and not the "Your Current Plan" section.

    Or is the 20 day waiting period counting work days?

    Thanks in advance!

    I have had the insurance for over a yr now and my online still shows up as an upgrade option. Call CS to verify if you have it or not.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by uribudnik
    i had a treo 300 for more than 2 years (i think, i got it the 1st day it came out) and i just upgraded to the 650. i never dropped the phone but i still think its prudent to spend the $5 and be covered.
    I believe it's also a $50 deductible + $10 "administrative fee" + the right to give you a refurbished phone instead of a new one (which probably costs lockline less half the price of a new phone).

    So, after a year, you are really paying about $120 for the right to get a phone with a fair market value of about $200.

    Honestly, no finanancial planner on the planet would call that "prudent", but I guess you can't put a real price on perceived value. The "only $5 a month!" thing isn't exactly the whole story ... but if it gives you piece of mind anyway, I suppose it's worth it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions