View Poll Results: Moving from the 600 to the 650 was...

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • a nice upgrade...well worth the cost!

    56 72.73%
  • a disaster. The problems make this worse than the 600

    8 10.39%
  • ehh...I'll keep it because I'm too lazy or proud to go back.

    5 6.49%
  • I really wish I had gone with one of the new PPC instead

    8 10.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    From what I've read here there are quite a few problems with the 650, some of them appearing to be serious File System and design flaws. You would think some of this would have been caught and corrected before release.

    Anyway, those of you that had the 600 are you happy with the 650?
  2. #2  
    ridiculous poll. one choice for those who are happy with it, three choices that are all completely negative. not exactly balanced.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  3. #3  
    and choice 2 is nonsensical. the title of the poll is '600 to 650...are you happy?' - choice 2:

    a disaster. The problems make this worse than the 650


    are we voting on the treo 700 or something?
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  4.    #4  
    Anas,
    Thanks for your input. I'm sorry I made a typo in the 2nd response the 650 shoudl read 600. If there was a way to edit it I would. I'm glad you came back for a second attack to make a point about the typo.

    There is one answer for positive, one for negative and one for so-so. Finally, there's one for people that are now totally sick of Palm and would have wanted to go in another direction.

    But, really thanks for all your comments. I'll try to do much better in the future so as to not upset you so.
  5. #5  
    Not an attack, but I bet if you ask one of the Mods, they'd be happy to make this correction for you. How about it, any mods reading this that can help out?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kschoenberg
    Anas,
    Thanks for your input. I'm sorry I made a typo in the 2nd response the 650 shoudl read 600. If there was a way to edit it I would. I'm glad you came back for a second attack to make a point about the typo.
    if it were just in a post, it would be one thing. generally one takes greater care when setting up a poll. apparently not everyone it seems.

    There is one answer for positive, one for negative and one for so-so. Finally, there's one for people that are now totally sick of Palm and would have wanted to go in another direction.
    so, i gather what your vote was.

    But, really thanks for all your comments. I'll try to do much better in the future so as to not upset you so.
    mm-kay.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  7. #7  
    Even if you add all the 'negative' responses together, they are currently tripled by the positive.

    Maybe folks are actually satisfied.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    and choice 2 is nonsensical. the title of the poll is '600 to 650...are you happy?' - choice 2:

    a disaster. The problems make this worse than the 650


    are we voting on the treo 700 or something?
    Stop being such a smart ***. Everyone else understood that he meant Treo 600.
    Last edited by farzonalmaneih; 11/30/2004 at 06:26 PM.
  9. #9  
    [QUOTE=anastrophe]generally one takes greater care when setting up a poll. apparently not everyone it seems.


    Generally, one takes greater care before buying an overpriced under performing device. Apparently, not everyone it seems.

    The mistakes seem all to numerous. One more costly then the other, however.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JTREOB
    Generally, one takes greater care before buying an overpriced under performing device. Apparently, not everyone it seems.

    The mistakes seem all to numerous. One more costly then the other, however.
    whatever you say. the poll results, even as biased as the questions were, seem to suggest that those who have moved from the T600 to the T650 are reasonably happy with the move.

    i suspect you won't be getting a T650. the decision of what is right is obviously yours. other people's decisions are obviously right for them, by the same token. you're free to believe that all of us who are happy with our T650's are stupid, careless, and spendthrift. i'll happily be enjoying four times the screen resolution as you, a better keyboard, and living with some memory constraints, which while unpleasant, aren't a deal-breaker for me.

    that's life. nothing wrong with waiting for the T651, or T700, or whatever the next step will be. totally reasonable choice. nothing wrong with it at all. it's your decision, obviously.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  11. moquette's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #11  
    Unhappy, returned it and switched back to my Treo 600.
  12. #12  
    Seriously considering giving up the glories of the 650 and going back to the 600. However I just got a replacement for my first unit and I am going to give it a chance and see if its better. If significantly better I will stay. So far it turns on much quicker then the original. This was an unbearible annoyance.
  13.    #13  
    Anas,

    Once again...I'm sorry I didn't meet your standards for an online poll. Is that enough? How about just not reading or participating because personally I find your constant harping on the subject of a typo to be ridiculous. I'm sure you've never made a mistake as you and all of your posts 270 posts in less than a month are perfect, balanced and based on extensive research. Of course, there is the little thing about your lack of knowledge of how to capitalize letters at the beginning of the sentence...but that would be childish nitpicking now, wouldn't it? So, please just go away. I do not want you participating in this poll, skewing the answers or berating anyone that wishes to take part. You're right, I was wrong, I have apologized to you. Go beat your PalmOne tattooed chest elsewhere.

    To the others that have voted thank you for your opinions. I presently own a 600 and my wife a 300. I have been reasonably satisfied with the 600, but as we all know there were bugs and manufacturing inadequacies (I just live with the splotches on the screen, and having to file down my SD cards and headset jacks). I hoped the 650 was going to be a nice upgrade from the 600 and was set to purchase two of them. From what I have read here there is a significant lack of memory in the machine which is exasperated by a new memory management and database scheme that appears to be poorly thought out and inadequately tested.

    From the results I'm seeing here although small there are people that are happy with the device as a $300+ upgrade from the 600.
    I neither love or hate Handspring or Palm. I don't expect the best from Palm as their history hasn't shown them to be a quality company. (I think that was one of the reasons that the Handspring folks left in the first place). But, computers and gadgets are not a "religious" thing to me...they're expensive devices that should work, be well constructed and free of serious design defects.

    P.S. Mods if you have the time and don't mind would you correct my typo in answer number two from 650 to 600?
    Last edited by kschoenberg; 12/01/2004 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Add P.S.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kschoenberg
    Anas,

    Once again...I'm sorry I didn't meet your standards for an online poll. Is that enough? How about just not reading or participating because personally I find your constant harping on the subject of a typo to be ridiculous. I'm sure you've never made a mistake as you and all of your posts 270 posts in less than a month are perfect, balanced and based on extensive research. Of course, there is the little thing about your lack of knowledge of how to capitalize letters at the beginning of the sentence...but that would be childish nitpicking now, wouldn't it? So, please just go away. I do not want you participating in this poll, skewing the answers or berating anyone that wishes to take part. You're right, I was wrong, I have apologized to you. Go beat your PalmOne tattooed chest elsewhere.
    if you've read my post ten in this thread, and you still think i'm 'beat[ing] [my] palmone tattooed chest', then there's nothing i can do to changes your warped perceptions.

    at minimum, you should at least get one, and try it for the risk-free 14 days. why take any happy-******* opinion for it? try it and see for yourself if it's right for you.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 12/01/2004 at 03:25 PM. Reason: name calling
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  15. #15  
    You both look like ********** in your responses to each other. People make mistakes, both by starting a thread and by responding to a thread. Get over it.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 12/01/2004 at 03:28 PM. Reason: name calling
  16. #16  
    < edit done >
  17. #17  
    [QUOTE=JTREOB]
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    generally one takes greater care when setting up a poll. apparently not everyone it seems.


    Generally, one takes greater care before buying an overpriced under performing device. Apparently, not everyone it seems.

    The mistakes seem all to numerous. One more costly then the other, however.
    Nice...LMAO
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kschoenberg
    Anas,

    Once again...I'm sorry I didn't meet your standards for an online poll. Is that enough? How about just not reading or participating because personally I find your constant harping on the subject of a typo to be ridiculous. I'm sure you've never made a mistake as you and all of your posts 270 posts in less than a month are perfect, balanced and based on extensive research. Of course, there is the little thing about your lack of knowledge of how to capitalize letters at the beginning of the sentence...but that would be childish nitpicking now, wouldn't it? So, please just go away. I do not want you participating in this poll, skewing the answers or berating anyone that wishes to take part. You're right, I was wrong, I have apologized to you. Go beat your PalmOne tattooed chest elsewhere.

    To the others that have voted thank you for your opinions. I presently own a 600 and my wife a 300. I have been reasonably satisfied with the 600, but as we all know there were bugs and manufacturing inadequacies (I just live with the splotches on the screen, and having to file down my SD cards and headset jacks). I hoped the 650 was going to be a nice upgrade from the 600 and was set to purchase two of them. From what I have read here there is a significant lack of memory in the machine which is exasperated by a new memory management and database scheme that appears to be poorly thought out and inadequately tested.

    From the results I'm seeing here although small there are people that are happy with the device as a $300+ upgrade from the 600.
    I neither love or hate Handspring or Palm. I don't expect the best from Palm as their history hasn't shown them to be a quality company. (I think that was one of the reasons that the Handspring folks left in the first place). But, computers and gadgets are not a "religious" thing to me...they're expensive devices that should work, be well constructed and free of serious design defects.

    P.S. Mods if you have the time and don't mind would you correct my typo in answer number two from 650 to 600?

    Schoen,

    Ignore Paul. He is being an wiseacre.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    if you've read my post ten in this thread, and you still think i'm 'beat[ing] [my] palmone tattooed chest', then there's nothing i can do to changes your warped perceptions.

    at minimum, you should at least get one, and try it for the risk-free 14 days. why take any happy-******* opinion for it? try it and see for yourself if it's right for you.
    ...being such a ninny about it, especially since you started it.

    Less coffee, more life.
  20. #20  
    Last edited by Joebar; 12/01/2004 at 10:08 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions