1.    #1  
    I can't seem to be able to do the following, or find out how. Anyone know if I am missing something, it can't be done, or there is a work around?

1. Lock a 'Chat" style thread, like the Treo600 use to do. Right now, if I purge data (in the SMS app), I loose it all, unlike the 600 where you could lock chats to be ignored.

2. Add your home town/city to World Clock

3. Have a ToDo on the calendar, like the 600 had. For example, under "new" in the calendar app, there use to be a selection for ToDo and Floating events. Do I need to activte the Todo somewhere, like datebook verse datebook+?

TIA, Matt
    Add to that list:

4. Switch to speakerphone mode without hitting the screen like the 600 used to do with the space bar.

5. Adjust the World Clock for DST (i.e., city time for Los Angeles is one hour ahead of "Network time")
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    Add to that list:

4. Switch to speakerphone mode without hitting the screen like the 600 used to do with the space bar.

5. Adjust the World Clock for DST (i.e., city time for Los Angeles is one hour ahead of "Network time")
    TreoGuard allows you to assign actions to any of the 4 application buttons. One of the actions is Toggle Speaker, which toggles the speakerphone. The latest beta works fine on the Treo 650 and can be downloaded from here on the TC forum.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
    Add to that list:

Number 4: "press Right to enable speaker phone or place a call on hold"

- from Quick Start application
    Quote Originally Posted by vyccid
    Number 4: "press Right to enable speaker phone or place a call on hold"

- from Quick Start application
    Thanks for the input but what I'm really looking for is a toggle button, similar to the space bar with the 600. Then you don't have to worry where the active cursor is with a toggle button which allows you to switch between spkr and non-spkr without really looking at the Treo.

Does anyone know of a "shortcuts" manual/guide for the 650? It took a few weeks with the 600, but eventually someone located a shortcuts guide that proved to be a huge benefit. That's where I originally learned the space bar trick for the 600.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    TreoGuard allows you to assign actions to any of the 4 application buttons. One of the actions is Toggle Speaker, which toggles the speakerphone. The latest beta works fine on the Treo 650 and can be downloaded from here on the TC forum.

Geoff
    Thansk Geoff, I'll try it soon, sounds like the ticket. Sorry I left you hanging with testing the 650 w/ TreoGuard. I know you have other that can help, but I don't like giving my 'word' and not doing it. Been busy with the new650, remodeling the livingroom and work.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi

2. Add your home town/city to World Clock
    Click on one of the two cities showing at the bottom of the screen, scroll to the end of the list - you will see "Edit List". You can probably figure it out from there...
    Thanks for the input but what I'm really looking for is a toggle button, similar to the space bar with the 600. Then you don't have to worry where the active cursor is with a toggle button which allows you to switch between spkr and non-spkr without really looking at the Treo.

Does anyone know of a "shortcuts" manual/guide for the 650? It took a few weeks with the 600, but eventually someone located a shortcuts guide that proved to be a huge benefit. That's where I originally learned the space bar trick for the 600.
    I guess we'll just have to wait for Burkhardi's "Tips and Tricks" pt 2 upon his mastery of the new device.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by icewing
    Click on one of the two cities showing at the bottom of the screen, scroll to the end of the list - you will see "Edit List". You can probably figure it out from there...

Thank you oh wise one....I never even looked there, didn't see it in the menu area, nor in the prefs, so I assumed that it could not be done.

Thanks again, you just made World Clock go from a 75% useless app, to being not so bad, the only thing I miss is with City Time, you could watch 4 cities and with World Clock, you can only watch 2. Two is not enough for me,I wish I could get all 4 back.

Regards, Matt
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600kings
    I guess we'll just have to wait for Burkhardi's "Tips and Tricks" pt 2 upon his mastery of the new device.
    Thansk T660Kings, I'll make a post like that in about 3-6months, once the basics are learned from everyone, that way only the good tips that were overlooked will be in the post and keep it from getting watered down. That post worked 1000times better then I thought it would. I figured i would just post some stuff I found to help some people and it turned into a huge, usefull (at least in my and your eyes) post.
    Best regards, Matt