1.    #1  
    Newbie still.....still trying to make the leap from a fllip to the Treo!

Two questions:

1. Is there a way to set a daily alarm on the Treo without having to set it everyday? On my old Sanyo flip phone I could set an alarm for a certain time and it would go off everyday at that time unless I deleted the alarm. I'd like to do the same but can't find that function in the manual.

2. Also, I'd like to make the touchscreen phone number keys quick dial like on my old Sanyo. The "1" button is used for voicemail but can I set buttons 1-9 the same way? I do know I can set the quick dial buttons in the drop down menu (I forget the name).

Thanks
    TreoSaurus
    Welcome TreoSaurus; say hi to your brother Theo...

1. You can set your alarm (appointment...) in your calender and just extend it out to the same time each day indefinately. Tinker with it and you'll see how it works. You don't have much control over the alarm sound or the duration of the alarm though.

There's an even better solution, as far as I'm concerned...

It's a little app called Bob's Alarm. It's quite customizeable and once you're on to it you'll never want to give it up!

There's a user group RarM Software (Bob's group) on Yahoo with the latest version and lots of help. I use it with Bob's Popup, another great utility... took me a bit of tinkering to get Bob's Pop Up customized just right for me, however Bob's Alarm was a cinch!

Click the links above and try it out. Note: You'll have to sign-up to the Yahoo user group.

2. I'm sorry, I don't know how to set QuickDial numbers that work on the touchscreen.

However, you can setup QuickDials for your keyboard using Favourites. It's explained in the book, but note that you must use the letter on the key not the number when you're setting them up.