1. JJL
    I just moved from a Treo 600 to the 650 last week, and aside from the memory situation, I love it! I am playing with the VPN client that is provided by my co. and while I can connect to that no problem, I can't browse intranet sites b/c of the damn Vision proxy server Sprint puts in Blazer. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Thanks a lot.
    Just a quick bit of help. You should be able to by going to the ##data menu and change the settings to all zeros for the proxy or gateway... However you'll have to put it back for vision to work...
  3. JJL
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Just a quick bit of help. You should be able to by going to the ##data menu and change the settings to all zeros for the proxy or gateway... However you'll have to put it back for vision to work...

Sorry for my ignorance. Can you tell me how I access that menu?
    Quote Originally Posted by JJL
    I just moved from a Treo 600 to the 650 last week, and aside from the memory situation, I love it! I am playing with the VPN client that is provided by my co. and while I can connect to that no problem, I can't browse intranet sites b/c of the damn Vision proxy server Sprint puts in Blazer. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Thanks a lot.
    I am sure the other guy probably is more clear on your situation, but I seem to recall the proxy being a selectable on/off thing.

Eric
    Ok:

Dial ##DATA# at the phone screen

After pressing that last # you should have a new screen come up. The primary and secondard HA are the proxy... You have to modify them to all zero's... But write it down first!
    Setting the HA values to all 0 just disabled Vision access for me. Since the proxies are transparent parts of the Sprint data network, I think the only viable option is going through a private proxy server over a non-HTTP port.
    Am I missing something? Can't you just replace the proxy in the "set proxy" button under "Advanced" tab on Blazer preferences? Put in your company's proxy.

You don't want to get rid of all of vision, just the proxy for Internet surfing, right?
    Does blazer need/use a proxy server? If I go into Blazer settings, the proxy box is unchecked on my Treo 650.

Sprint's Vision service does not need a proxy server. If I use my laptop with vision service (using the 650 as a modem or any other phone as a modem) and run my corporate VPN client, then I can browse my corporate web. No proxies set up.
    The HA settings are the proxy sprint vision uses for blazer by default. The original question was how to disable that for reverse DUN connections to be able to use blazer. Do NOT change those if you need to use vision for blazer...
    I am glad I found this thread, albeit after nearly four months of posting inactivity. Prompted by DougKoz's suggestion, I tried using Blazer's proxy setting (under Options / Preferences... / Advanced / Set Proxy) and found it to work for reverse DUN! I did a Web search for "free proxy", found a listing of public proxy servers, and the third one I tried (out of hundreds available) did the trick.

I gather this must be the most convenient solution for Web browsing on a BT connection. One needs simply to uncheck the "Use Proxy" box to restore the internal proxy setting, and when the box is checked again, the previous overriding setting would still be intact. There would be no danger of losing the Sprint proxy address irrevocably. This technique might even work for the VPN situation from the original question of this thread.