1.    #1  
    I recently rreceived the New 650 directly from PalmOne along with a free Bluetooth headset. I have been a Trio 600 user since they came out and do find the 650 improved. The one area I am very disapointed in is speaker quality on high volume. There is a rattle that makes the speaker phone feature inferior to the 600. I have tried two other 650's out of the box at the Sprint store and they have the same issue. To hear the rattle set the volume to 7 and select a ringer like Klavier. I am curious if this is a problem in all 650's or just the batch here in Seattle.
    Makes the distorted speaker sound on my 650 as well. Sometimes when I have a call on speakerphone, and on certain songs in ptunes. I also noticed this right away.
    Mine sounds great a feel a vast improvement in quality and volume over the 600.
    My earpiece is distorted at max volume as well. Funny thing is, despite the distortion its not even loud enough to hear (in most settings). Sigh. I think P1 forgot this is supposed to be a phone also.