Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wanted to know before i installed it. Has anyone gotten webpro to work with the Treo 650?
    The new blazer is basically web pro 3.xx.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    The new blazer is basically web pro 3.xx.
    Not actually, because there are many websites that I can visit with webpro on my 600, that Blazer 3.0 and 4.0 cannot. And if I use the webpro proxy server in blazer 4.0, on every url I type in, it just keeps asking me if I want to download a file.
    Blazer 4.0 is based on the NetFront browser core, which also powered Blazer 3. WebPro 3 and 3.5 were based on a browser developed by Navarra and used a different code base.
    I bought WebPro 3 from Palm for the Treo 600, but it will not work on the 650 -- "unsupported phone" is the error message. I installed the hacked version of WebPro 3 (which disables the search for phone model) and it's working for me. Much better because now I can use Outlook WebMail, which requires frames. Blazer 3/4 do not seem to support frames.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhodgins
    I bought WebPro 3 from Palm for the Treo 600, but it will not work on the 650 -- "unsupported phone" is the error message. I installed the hacked version of WebPro 3 (which disables the search for phone model) and it's working for me. Much better because now I can use Outlook WebMail, which requires frames. Blazer 3/4 do not seem to support frames.
    Where can the 'hacked' version of WebPro 3 be found?
    Blazer 3 and Blazer 4 support frames just fine for me.
  8.    #8  
    I too would like to know where you obtained the hacked version.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Count me in as looking for the WebPro hack as well!
    I don't remember where I downloaded it ... it may have been from the Treo 600 board ... I'll email it to you two.
    I don't remember where I downloaded it ... it may have been from the Treo 600 board ... I'll email it to you two.
    Can you add me to the list?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Please send it to me as well. Thanks in advance!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Can you email it to me as well. Thanks
    Hi Bhodgins,

Can you email me a copy too? I have been looking for it for long time. Thank you very much in advance!

Dlau
    I'm using the web pro patched version on the 650. I think you can DL it at mytreo.net
    I think the only thing at mytreo.net is the patched xino version.

Here is the link I spoke of on the 600 board:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...webpro+patched

There was a web link to WebPro30.patched.prc out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find it any more.

Sorry, I don't want to get into mailing it to everyone. Please try the other user's suggestion to get it from: alt.binaries.warez.palmpilot
    I have a copy of WebPro v3.5. Anyone needed sent me your email.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by justin801
    I have a copy of WebPro v3.5. Anyone needed sent me your email.
    Can you send me a copy at thomasanderson0001@yahoo.com
  19.    #19  
    anybody....?.....anyone....?........noone?
    I can't get the Web Pro 3.5 working n my Treo 650. It just locks up my treo and I have to reset. Tried with proxy on and off. Doesn't work.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast