1.    #1  
    OK, I realize this is moronic question, but I'm trying to get Outlook contacts onto my Treo 650. The software doesn't have a "chapura" application like the 600 did and I seem to be unable to pull off this seemingly simple task. Help would be appreciated.
    I am a first time Palm OS user and just got my Treo 650. I am havinh the same problem as Billyc. Any help is appreciated!!!

And thanks for all of the great info on this site!
    If you go thru the installation disk there is a sync to Outlook option...
    Thanks for the reply dstrack... And sorry to hijack your thread billyc...

I actually can get the phone to sync up, but for some reason I am unable to get my desktop contacts to upload to the phone... Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks again!
    If the correct conduits are installed you should be able to right click on the Hotsync Manager in your Task Tray (Bottom Right by the clock) and choose "Custom". Look at all the settings there and make sure you set them up the way you'd like - I would assume you want all the Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, etc... to be set to SYNCHRONIZE - anything having to do with Non - Personal Information I would leave alone (Install, Backup, etc...)
    Interestingly, the sync software is a microsoft-palm sync program. As stated above, pop in the CD that came with you T650, and you will see a option to allow you to set up to sync with Outlook. The CD will then install the correct conduit. Don't need Chapura mirror at all anymore. Seems to work fine.

-dale
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Thanks for all of the replies, but I still cant seem to get it to work.

The hot sync works fine, but I cannot get my Outlook contacts into my phone. I have tried changing the hotsync option for Contacts to 'Desktop overrides handheld' but all that did was erase the existing contacts that were in the phone. I am using Office 2003...

Help!!!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    i ran into the same problem....i ended up spending the money and buying chapura pocket mirror xt...i could not get the conduits on the install cd to work....i know its not cheap...50 bucks....but i now have a reliable product with which i have previous experience
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Did you see the latest patch on P1 website for Outlook conduit ?
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...daterv102.html
  10.    #10  
    Thanks guys - I reloaded the CD and it worked fine.