Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Anyone else having problems with their Vision connection dropping?

Yesterday I checked my email, went back later and saw that no new messages were there (auto-fetch is on), so I initiated a manual fetch and was greeted with the Vision sign-on pop-up. Happened again this morning. Is Vision no longer reliably "always-on"?

Scott
    Vision is never really an always on thing. It drops often for various things, signal, perhaps time outs, etc. I notice often during the day that certain times it is on, while others u see it go through the connection process. Has never really been an issue to me. Just figure the connection goes stale or something.

Eric
  2.    #22  
    Welp, I had the 600 for about a month before getting the 650 (my wife now has the 600) and I definitely wasn't noticing this problem with that. I'm wondering if the problem may be related to VersaMail which never seems to auto-fetch the way it's supposed to. I'm going to switch to SnapperMail for a while and see what happens. First I have to email Wil to get a new unlock code, though, since I had to rename my HotSync ID thanks to p1's bug with usernames over 10 characters long. Woohoo!

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I too see a problem where if you lose a vision connection, versamail will not initiate a new vision connection... seems like a major prob, I tried turning off my wireless signal on the treo than back on ... and I waited to see if versamail would automatically logon to vison at the 5 minute auto-sync interval and it didn't... can anyone tell me if this is normal.... I don't remember ever having a problem with my 600?????
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    i've never used Versmail so I don't' think that's the problem. It really looks as though long idle/going out of range is the reason for my disconnect (ie, no gray arrows). However all my apps which need to activate the connection do... Snapper, Verichat, & the latest version of 4cast.
    Welp, I had the 600 for about a month before getting the 650 (my wife now has the 600) and I definitely wasn't noticing this problem with that. I'm wondering if the problem may be related to VersaMail which never seems to auto-fetch the way it's supposed to. I'm going to switch to SnapperMail for a while and see what happens. First I have to email Wil to get a new unlock code, though, since I had to rename my HotSync ID thanks to p1's bug with usernames over 10 characters long. Woohoo!

Scott
    If you email Snapper (I believe a Jennifer Shelamer at support.snappermail.com) she will help. She has been the one to respond for the past 2 years when I write. Also, I had two versions (Lite and Standard) for two diff PDAs and when I wanted to switch, she just asked which username I wanted it assigned to and no problem!
    Eric
  6.    #26  
    cooneyca, are you saying that your other apps will re-establish a connection? If so, that's what VersaMail isn't doing. Perhaps my 600 did lose Vision connections and the built-in app just re-established it when it went to do another auto-fetch. If this problem gets solved via SnapperMail, that may give me pause for returning the 650. Part of me would prefer to get the 600's email app back, though, since I'm not happy about whatever bulk SnapperMail may add now that p1 chose to burden us with VersaMail. I'll have to double-check to see if SnapperMail can run completely (or mostly) from SD card.

kirkeric, it used to be that Will himself was on the "support" email address and I've had some pleasant interactions with him in the past. I discovered today that it's now going to "Stuart Nicholson." Getting OT...I'm actually not happy with the way the whole Palm OS world is going these days with everyone bundling so many free apps with their devices, especially now that palmOne and Tapwave are the two major players left. I'd prefer to see them price their devices lower and let the 3rd party developers thrive. There are no shortage of 3rd party email apps available, but now that p1 and Tapwave are giving away email apps (and, worse still, PalmSource is behind the Tapwave email app), it's sure to hurt many of these 3rd party developers.

Scott
    I've seen 2 different anomalies in the 4 days I've had my 650.
    1st one a few hours after my last web browsing extravaganza I re-launched blazer and was not able to connect to any web sites. I still had grey arrows, but vision was not responding. I had to turn off then back on the radio and when I turned the radio back on it seemed to hang for over a minute. I was about to reset the treo when it finally came back up.
    2nd one seems to occur when browsing sites and pausing long enough for the arrows to turn grey, then continuing to browse. Blazer on occasion seems to have trouble re-establishing its connection and times out. After 1 or more retries it will find it's way back to the net.

Neither of these were ever experienced with my Treo 600's. (All 5 of them)

One thing I did notice last night that was unexpected. While a web page was loading a call came through. This never happened with my 600 and if it's not another anomaly it is a very welcome change!
    NO, I use snapper and notice the Sprint connection is dropped from time to time, sometimes several times a day. Snapper tries to connect, but cannot. I still see the little arrows at the top to show the connection, but no green, I usually have to go to prefs, disconnect, and reconnect, that solves it, but its not the way it should work.
    Jim
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by brooklynbound
    I too see a problem where if you lose a vision connection, versamail will not initiate a new vision connection... seems like a major prob, I tried turning off my wireless signal on the treo than back on ... and I waited to see if versamail would automatically logon to vison at the 5 minute auto-sync interval and it didn't... can anyone tell me if this is normal.... I don't remember ever having a problem with my 600?????
    I have noticed the exact same thing with my device after dropping the vision connection. Additionally, I can manually reconnect to Vision and get the web working, but the only thing that seems to get Versamail auto-syncing again is a soft reset.
    I've had one for almost a week now. I notice that after a while the data arrows are gone and if use Blazer or Versamail, it will need to reconnect to PCS Vision but I have no problems doing so. I don't think in a week it was failed to connect for data once.

Bump. Major issue here. If there are people who have had their 650's for a week and haven't been having this problem, I'd love to hear from you too.

Scott
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    my vision drops all the time. On my 600 I used chatter and I never lost my connection unless I was roaming. Always stayed online. Now with my 650 it drops all the time. Kinda negates the push feature of chatter if the connection is lost. Anyone run across a solution yet?
    I am using the treo 600 email app on my 650 and it works fine.... I am just using the beta version, because i sold my 600 on ebay and dont have access to the rom files... if someone wants to post those that would be awsome!!

Snapper and Versamail arent for me...

13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    I am using the treo 600 email app on my 650 and it works fine.... I am just using the beta version, because i sold my 600 on ebay and dont have access to the rom files... if someone wants to post those that would be awsome!!
    I tried beaming the files over before but didn't have any luck getting it to work. Does anyone know how to do this? Otherwise, where do I get this beta you speak of? I might like to give that a shot. I was quite happy with the Treo 600's email app.

Scott
    here is the file... it was available from Palm when the 600 first came out, and the sprint version didnt include a mail application...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Happening here also. I check Versamail manually and it logs back in.
    Anyone have any suggestions on this yet? I need something to keep my connection alive. Its always idling out, and because of this I don't seem to get half of my Business Connection PE email (pushed to me).
    Quote Originally Posted by halo1982
    Anyone have any suggestions on this yet? I need something to keep my connection alive. Its always idling out, and because of this I don't seem to get half of my Business Connection PE email (pushed to me).
    My used to always get pushed to me until a few days ago. I noticed that no mail was getting pushed to me, and whenever I auto synced after a long period (i.e. over night, a few hours) vision would give me the reconnecting dialog.

Well, I figured out it was the number port that I recently did. Since Bizcon uses SMS to indicate mail received, make sure you update your bizcon account to reflect you new number. (After some trial and error, I actually ended up reinstalling the palm app, but I'm not sure it was necessary).
    This is odd - I just moved to the T650 from the 600. On my 600 I had this problem of the service not connecting properly with BC. Now, on the 650, when I pick it up in the morning - or anytime during the day, it automatically gets the mesages. I'm using BusConnection Enterprise.
    For some reason I've started having this problem yesterday after 10 days of been fine. I know this because my Treo keeps turning on and does nothing. I went to snapper to look at the logs and it seems like it tried to autosynch my mailed but it couldn't do it. It says "ABORT: Device in use" I have tried to make Verichat Always on SMS so that it doesn't interfear with Snapper but I nothing. So I left the treo for some time and when I came back the screen was on and the log show the abort retries. Then I tried to get my mail manually and vision started to reconnect. WTF, it looks like Vision keeps dropping. But why now? I'll se tomorrwo, maybe is connection problems at my home.

Al
    I see this all the time - I noticed that I havnen't gotten any mail in few hours (Im using Chatter - with Vision dropping, it really negates having push service) just to realize that Vision has dropped.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast