Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I can send to myself from the SprintPCS website. But I don't think I can send out ... I tried to a friend overseas and the messages are not arriving. Anyone in the US be good enough to email me your number and let me test? (jens.......at.......ratsey........dot.....com).
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Being an ***** - I have my wife's phone right here!

So ... SMS isn't working for me. Is there anything I need to setup?
    Mine still doesn't work when sending to other carriers. I can send to Sprint phones, but have to use an e-mail address when sending to other carriers, and they have to do the same when sending to me. And the problem is that some of my friends can't send to e-mail addresses. So far nobody, including Sprint can figure out this problem.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    Mine still doesn't work when sending to other carriers. I can send to Sprint phones, but have to use an e-mail address when sending to other carriers, and they have to do the same when sending to me. And the problem is that some of my friends can't send to e-mail addresses. So far nobody, including Sprint can figure out this problem.
    I never got the actualy PCS mail to work on my 600 before. I think we first need to clarify the SMS verses the PCS mail. My SMS works fine. That is the one that is defaulted to the mail button to the right of your 5 way button and is associated with your number@messaging. etc. Now, the PCS mail is a user name @sprintpcs.com. <--- This one I have never gotten to work using an email client, however if you go to the Vision Home page on your browser, it seems to work fine. Almost like it is web-based verses app based and the app doesnt work.

Eric
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I am not able to send a text to anyone unless they have already sent me a text msg. After I have got a text from someone I can send text msg to them fine. It started happening when I got my treo. Sprint is currently looking into the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    I never got the actualy PCS mail to work on my 600 before. I think we first need to clarify the SMS verses the PCS mail. My SMS works fine. That is the one that is defaulted to the mail button to the right of your 5 way button and is associated with your number@messaging. etc. Now, the PCS mail is a user name @sprintpcs.com. <--- This one I have never gotten to work using an email client, however if you go to the Vision Home page on your browser, it seems to work fine. Almost like it is web-based verses app based and the app doesnt work.

Eric
    Looks like you haven't activate your Sprint PCS mail yet. You need to login my PCS, go to My Online Tools>My PCS Mail>Settings and Preference, click on Setup (near the upper right hand side of your screen), enter your new password, click DONE. This is the password that you will need when access your mail from your handheld.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by canalnyc
    Looks like you haven't activate your Sprint PCS mail yet. You need to login my PCS, go to My Online Tools>My PCS Mail>Settings and Preference, click on Setup (near the upper right hand side of your screen), enter your new password, click DONE. This is the password that you will need when access your mail from your handheld.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    will try this. I didn't think it would require that since I have had phones before. I am always afraid one password change will screw up something else when it comes to sprint.
    Eric
    Don't worry. The new password you'll create is for your PCS mail only.
    Don't worry. The new password you'll create is for your PCS mail only.
    I appreciate the help. I did the password thing successfully but I still get an authentication error when I try to check pcs mail. Any ideas?

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    I send SMS messages all the time without a problem. In fact, when you snap a pic and send it, if they reply, that reply comes to SMS. Is that working for you?

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    I appreciate the help. I did the password thing successfully but I still get an authentication error when I try to check pcs mail. Any ideas?

Eric
    Is your mail client setup properly? If you're using Versa Mail, choose SprintPCS as your Mail Service. Your username should be yourname01, password is the newly created pcs mail password. BTW, after you created your pcs mail password, you should have received a confirmation email from sprintpcs mail.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Are you able to SMS internationally, or is that something that has to be setup by Sprint?
    Is your mail client setup properly? If you're using Versa Mail, choose SprintPCS as your Mail Service. Your username should be yourname01, password is the newly created pcs mail password. BTW, after you created your pcs mail password, you should have received a confirmation email from sprintpcs mail.
    Well, most of the settings came in by themselves along with some original default emails from palm. I did change the password on the web site (on PC) but did not receive any confirmation email.

I have done numerous other accounts, so I believe i have all settings correct. I have tried using user name with and without the @sprintpcs.com, no effect (sometimes you cant tell if it wants that or not). The only thing I needed to change was the password, to no avail.

Eric