Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 91
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    WAITAMINUTE!

    I thought this TREO was supposed to be infinitely better than the last one because that known-high-quality (*) manufacturer HTC made it!
    HTC makes wonderful phones. however, they make lousy keyboards. The Treo 650 isn't the only HTC-made product with issues:

    http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules...ewtopic&t=3109
  2. #62  
    The 650 keyboard is defective. I sent one back for a bad "p" button. I ended up ordering an additional 650 for a family plan, both phones I received have mushy feel to the "P" button. If you look closely at the "O" and "backspace" buttons while pressing on the "P" button you can see they deflect slightly in. There seems to be inadequate backing support behind that corner edge of the keyboard. This must be the same on all units. Looks like a design issue to me. They must be getting tons of complaints, at least I hope they are.
    DJ
  3. #63  
    those are the three keys that went on my first 650
  4. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #64  
    my p key is mushy like a rotten banana but honestly i wish all my keys were like that so i could type just by moving my thumb around
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by dj81462
    The 650 keyboard is defective. I sent one back for a bad "p" button. I ended up ordering an additional 650 for a family plan, both phones I received have mushy feel to the "P" button. If you look closely at the "O" and "backspace" buttons while pressing on the "P" button you can see they deflect slightly in. There seems to be inadequate backing support behind that corner edge of the keyboard. This must be the same on all units. Looks like a design issue to me. They must be getting tons of complaints, at least I hope they are.
    DJ

    Exactly like the one I had...

    Looks like we have a true defective, ala the battery defects in the 600.

    This is much worse, because the keyboard is a high use area.

    (shaking head)
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

    Sample size needed is 93 (for confidence level of 95%, and confidence interval of 10%, for a population of 3000)

    The poll is at 90 (would likely by higher if made sticky).

    So it is representative, and the margin of error is not "way more than 10%"
    No, it isn't representative, it is statistically significant -- big difference. "Representative" would be a proportionate sample from divergent populations, i.e. power users, multiple shipments/production runs, etc.

    TreoCentral users are most likely to have first run, first shipped units and are disproportionately power users. In their numbers, they are statistically significant, yes, but representative they are not.

    It will take the normal mass market availability of this phone to get a reliable defect rate.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by staubio
    No, it isn't representative, it is statistically significant -- big difference. "Representative" would be a proportionate sample from divergent populations, i.e. power users, multiple shipments/production runs, etc.

    TreoCentral users are most likely to have first run, first shipped units and are disproportionately power users. In their numbers, they are statistically significant, yes, but representative they are not.

    It will take the normal mass market availability of this phone to get a reliable defect rate.

    Didn't mean representative in that way, but rather of the group of people polled (which is already a self-selected group, yada-yada-yada...)

    I think I'll take significant, since "representative", per your defintion, has not been conducted.
  8. #68  
    Here's all the external-general-population corraboration one needs of a TreoCentral poll's results:

    -- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...69&postcount=3
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I am very familiar with sample size, selection bias, and probably more statistics and experimental design than most here.

    Please see my reply to funky - no one ever claimed they were scientific, but there is value in them; to ignore them is as foolish as accepting them as 100% true.

    Wait Zen, I thought we were part of the anti-P1 cabal....we can't be disagreeing...the conspiracy will fail! ;-)

    No, my fellow Palm-Bashing Brother. This faked "disagreement" is all part of the master plan. Didn't you go to the meeting last Thursday?

    Don't bother trying to open the eyes of funkface - he is a rather... unusual individual who seems to have a lot of "issues". Take a look at this very pathetic thread:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=61778
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Zen of Palm
    No, my fellow Palm-Bashing Brother. This faked "disagreement" is all part of the master plan. Didn't you go to the meeting last Thursday?

    Don't bother trying to open the eyes of funkface - he is a rather... unusual individual who seems to have a lot of "issues". Take a look at this very pathetic thread:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=61778
    Zen...I don't mind your posts (not that youdo or should care) but it sure looked like you were picking a fight by using gfunks avatar. I would have been p!ssed off too. My 2 cents

    take it easy
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Zen...I don't mind your posts (not that youdo or should care) but it sure looked like you were picking a fight by using gfunks avatar. I would have been p!ssed off too. My 2 cents

    take it easy

    I think many people would say only a true dumba$$ gets upset over an avatar. Think about it.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Zen of Palm
    I think many people would say only a true dumba$$ gets upset over an avatar. Think about it.
    I wasn't talking 'bout his reaction...just whether or not you might have been trying to push buttons...
  13. #73  
    Oh great! Thanks for calling my attention to a problem that I didn't know my phone had but now do know it does have! I want my peaceful ignorant bliss back! Waaaah.

    Looks like it's not long until I am, as Seldom says, "issed off"!
    Nobody Died when Clinton Lied!!
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I wasn't talking 'bout his reaction...just whether or not you might have been trying to push buttons...

    As a close personal friend of The Poster Formerly Known as The Zen of Palm, I can verify that the avatar was borrowed simply because it's an attractive picture. If you check back through the threads, TZoP even told Gfcukface that they were borrowing the avatar because it was such a nice photo.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...708#post471708

    Unfortunately, paranoia set in and the next thing, conspiracy theories were being floated that borrowing the avatar was a plot to confuse Treocentral users and sully gfcukface's good name here. How sad. How REALLY, REALLY sad.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Zen_of_Palm
    As a close personal friend of The Poster Formerly Known as The Zen of Palm, I can verify that the avatar was borrowed simply because it's an attractive picture. If you check back through the threads, TZoP even told Gfcukface that they were borrowing the avatar because it was such a nice photo.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...708#post471708

    Unfortunately, paranoia set in and the next thing, conspiracy theories were being floated that borrowing the avatar was a plot to confuse Treocentral users and sully gfcukface's good name here. How sad. How REALLY, REALLY sad.
    Oh well, water under the bridge...she is hot! A girl like that can make you do silly things
  16. delao13's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #76  
    Add me to the bad P keyboard crowd. Had my Treo 5 days b/f the keyboard failed due to a bad P.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Oh well, water under the bridge...she is hot!

    Unfortunately, gfunkface's endless screeching to the moderators resulted in a valuable contributor* to Treocentral being ruthlessly banned. This is a sad, sad day for us all at Treocentral. Let us bow our heads in shame and ask The Voice of Reason for their forgiveness.

    I realize many of the posters here are children, but whining over an avatar? Wow.




    *http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64105
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Zen_of_Palm
    Unfortunately, gfunkface's endless screeching to the moderators resulted in a valuable contributor* to Treocentral being ruthlessly banned. This is a sad, sad day for us all at Treocentral. Let us bow our heads in shame and ask The Voice of Reason for their forgiveness.

    I realize many of the posters here are children, but whining over an avatar? Wow.




    *http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64105
    Before you point your finger have a hard look at yourself. Your actions got you banned, nobody else's.
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  19. #79  
    I'm confused. How come there are posts here from someone who is "banned?" Doesn't being banned mean you can't post?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I'm confused. How come there are posts here from someone who is "banned?" Doesn't being banned mean you can't post?
    He did create a few aliases... 'the zen of palm' vs 'the zen of palm' (extra spaces) etc..
    We are banning those too..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions