Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsey
    I've followed all the various directions (I'm using Win XP Pro SP2). I've got my Bluetooth COM port established, the Treo recognises it and connects. But when I put in an address (192.168.1.1 - one of my routers) into Web Pro 3.0 (Patched) I get an error:

Communications Error. Please check coverage, check URL, and try again.[Comm.1]

Any suggestions?

Are you able to browse regular websites with reverse DUN, or is this problem generalized and not just associated with trying to connect to your router?
    Actually you can use the same COM port for both. It just takes a little work.

Refer to this thread for information on how to configure the COM port for reverse DUN. Once you're setup with the revers DUN you essentially have a new internet connection on your Treo. So now you just have to configure the Treo to sync through that internet connection.

You can use the steps on this page to configure your phone to hotsync over the new reverse DUN connection. Just configure Hotsync to use the reverse DUN connection instead of Sprint PCS or whatever and then configure it for your machines LOCAL IP address instead of it's internet IP address.

--TechDude
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'm getting nowhere. I removed the COM port from the PC, now the Treo complains about faulty serial connections. Is there a step-by-step, ***** proof guide to this?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    To clarify - I don't want to BT hotsync - I just want to be able to access an internal LAN web server. The router address was just an IP that I knew would bring up a web page.
    Folks..

Still can't get this to work..

I've associated my broadband network connection in windows to the BT Network connection ...

My question is what or how should the IP for by BT Network Connection be configured.

Currently it's IP is 192.168.0.1

and the ip for my broadband connection is 10.10.6.184

Do i need to provide some sort of special routing for this to work...

Any help / direction much appreciated..

Thanks ALan
    It's working now folks...
    Simply rebooted PC and power down the Treo .. fired everything back up to work as advertised!

Very nice.. I VPN'd to work...and VNC'd to my work machine 40 ft from my laptop ....

Bring on the VOIP apps!

Alan
    I think I have this set up correctly. When I connect on the Treo I get a the bluetooth icon in a blue box. I see it connected but have no idea if its working?
    I'm using a network bridge on my system I have it connected to the bridge.
    Last edited by tarkwolf; 01/19/2005 at 09:31 PM.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    DUN lets you get your laptop on the net using your Treo's cell/data connection. (This is handy when you're on the road and have no wi-fi, or don't want to pay for dial-up on a landline...)

Reverse DUN lets you get your Treo on the net using your desktop's broadband connection. (This is handy when you're in a high-rise office that gets no cell signal, or when you want a faster connection for your Treo in your home. My desktop's BT adapter provides 1000 foot range so it works rather nicely.)

1000' range!!! Point me in the direction please!!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I banged my head against this for a long time, getting DNS errors, before remembering that I had ZoneAlarm running and had not taken into account the ICS going through the firewall. Duh. Works great now.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I still can't get it to work. I think it's a combination of my running a LAN (so ICS is not available) and also running VPN connectivity software on the Bluetooth hosting PC which I think may be blocking incoming TCP connections.

Having said that, I also get the DNS errors.
    I think this was mentioned in the thread (unclearly to me), but if you have the Linksys adapter, and don't get the correct options/windows with Windows XP, go to the Linksys website, search their knowledge base for that specific adapter (USDBBT100) - hell, here's the link . Did this, and everything was as "it shoulda been", connected to the PC and everything.

Struggled a little with my Zonealarm firewall, but disabled that and I was in business. Anyone get the BT connection to work "through" the firewall? I tried enabling access to the bluetooth devices, but no luck... Thanks.
    Last edited by airjoe; 02/03/2005 at 01:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Anyone having good luck with this? From my testing with the dslreports/mspeed website, my latency is much better (half a second), but the speed is roughly the same.

Also, now when I'm not near my computer, I have to deal with the long search for bluetooth internet sharing, *then* EDGE connection.
    I dont know if this is pertinant but when I had a ppc and I would hotsync over bluetooth It would allow me to surf withinh range of my BT connection. I dont have a BT adapter right now but I am curious if there is any ay to mimic this functionality on the 650?
    Treoseur
    BLAZER WORKS OVER REVERSE DUN!!

Excuse me if this was common knowledge, but after reading the forums, I thought that blazer did not work over bt, so you had to use xiino or webpro (patched), but after getting very frustrated with the other browsers, I went ahead and fired up blazer and it worked like a charm. Now bear in mind I have an unlocked GSM treo 650 so maybe that is why it works.

Here is my setup:
    GSM unlocked 650
    Mac OS X
    Missing Sync
    I can also confirm I got my Unlocked GSM 650 just yesterday, followed the directions from TreoJunkie and WOW!! I am amazed and this is as good as WiFi for now...Bluetooth is only supposed to have a range I thought of 30 feet!!

I was downstairs in the living room and kitchen...at least 70 feet away from a PC using a Iomega Bluetooth adapter and have no problem surfing the net as well as sending and receiving emails.

Very cool indeed! Thanks TreoJunkie for the steps to make this work...

**I'm not sure if this just works for unlocked phones but mine definetly works with Blazer!

Setup - WinXP SP2 - Iomega Bluetooth Adapter - ADSL Broadband
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    This is cool. But, has anyone tried getting access to internet via bluetooth on a Windows 2003 server? Most adapters I have won't even install on Server 2003 because their Widcomm drivers complain about not being licensed properly. Alternatively, does anyone have a Bluetooth Access Point like the Anycom AP2002 that they have connected the Treo to? It would be interesting to hear if the Treo can connect via an access point.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewp75
    Hi there!

So I got the computer and the palm to talk nicely. However, I cant get Blazer to connect to any webpages. Anyone have a solution for this? Thanks in advance for your help!

A
    You just need to change the proxy server (advanced tab in options on Blazer). There is a list of open proxy servers available on the web: http://www.publicproxyservers.com/page1.html

Warning: some are run by scammers just trying to get personal info by logging your http sessions; don't do anything good over one of these -- they'll get you using Blazer at blazing speeds, though...
    Still not seeing a value to this hack/mod. So ok it's cool we can make our phone do something it was not originaly sent out to do but if I can get my t650 to surf via Bluetooth at high speed over my network, why would I choose to do this over simply walking over to my 22" monitor and surfing it instead of my little treo screen? Heck if I'm doing this via bluetooth then I'm only a couple of feet away from my lightning fast PC, what's the point here? Please help me understand.

Thanks!
    Dean
    Has anyone with a Mac gotten Reverse DUN to work with Missing Sync? It's too expensive for me to buy.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by deanzsyclone
    Still not seeing a value to this hack/mod. So ok it's cool we can make our phone do something it was not originaly sent out to do but if I can get my t650 to surf via Bluetooth at high speed over my network, why would I choose to do this over simply walking over to my 22" monitor and surfing it instead of my little treo screen? Heck if I'm doing this via bluetooth then I'm only a couple of feet away from my lightning fast PC, what's the point here? Please help me understand.

Thanks!
    Dean
    Good point, at that it's not necessary, but is still handy.

I have a CompUSA Bluetooth adaper with (advertised) 150 Meter range. I have this set up on my PC at work. While anywhere in the building, in meetings, etc. I can use this to check mail, calendar, and web much faster than through the cell network without using VPN to get through the firewall. Point being, I may be working in a lab or long meeting and want to use data.
    So when I get to work I go in to Network preferences and switch to my bluetooth reverse DUN, then switch back to GPRS when I leave the building.

I also have the same setup at home, although it's rarely necesary unless I want to be sitting in front of the TV playing with the Treo, or those rare cases when Cingular takes down the GPRS network for maintinence on the weekends.

It's also useful in the case (read the very first post in this thread) where he has little to no cell reception at work, so this give internet access where he can't get it.

It's also useful if you want to download a bunch of web pages to save in Blazer or sync avant go channels to take with you.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast