Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I think I saw people mention they've got PocketTunes and Blazer to work via reverse DUN. I have not gotten either to work. The only thing that works for me is Versamail. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider
    I think I saw people mention they've got PocketTunes and Blazer to work via reverse DUN. I have not gotten either to work. The only thing that works for me is Versamail. What am I doing wrong?
    you need to point to a proxy server. i installed a proxy server on my home network, pointed blazer to the prxy server and it works. there are also public proxy servers, but i would rather not go through them.
    Hi, I do not have PPP in my palm, what do you do?, Thanks
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by armevi
    Hi, I do not have PPP in my palm, what do you do?, Thanks

Great post.

I just liked reading that aloud.

Sorry.

Carry on.
    Thanks, for your comments. May be you need help at the future and you can contact me, if I can, I help you with pleasure. Thanks again. People like you makes different my live.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    This thread intrigued and inspired me. I have both a Treo 650 and Motorola e815. I love them both and switch back and forth depending on the circumstance. I'm usually on the e815 all week, then the Treo for the weekend.

After reading this I started wondering if I could use the e815 as a modem for my Treo when needed. It would be a lot more convenient than booting up the laptop with the e815 as a modem in the car to get spaceweather data when I'm out chasing Northern Lights (I like to photograph them). Also more convenient than calling Customer Service to switch to my Treo just for the night. I will need the e815 back again in the morning.

I had no trouble pairing the two devices and set up a connection on the Treo. In Prefs I set up a new network using the Motorola Phone as a modem. I'm in an Extended Network area and set it up to dial into my ISP. At first it would just hang and time out so I added a script I found on Pdaphonehome.com. It includes a prompt at the end (hit enter without entering anything).

It works! I can easily get my email this way. I added a proxy server to Blazer and can do some web surfing. The problem I'm having is the connection is very finicky. It disconnects often and without apparent reason.

Is there anything I can do to increase the reliability of the connection? Kim
    i have followed instructions on setting up reverse dun in this forum, I am able to connect to my computer but when I run versamail it tells me to check my dns settings or enter the ip address for my mail server. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by tahkuct
    i have followed instructions on setting up reverse dun in this forum, I am able to connect to my computer but when I run versamail it tells me to check my dns settings or enter the ip address for my mail server. Any suggestions?
    Please search.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=93882

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Quote Originally Posted by pheath
    Thanks for the link. My question is what would be an ip address for sprint pcs imap server and where do I enter it? Any other solutionto get versamail to work?
    In a DOS window do this:

nslookup xxx.yyy.zzz

where xxx.yyy.zzz is the name of the sprint pcs imap server. It goes in the imap server field below your e-mail address and above the smtp server.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    I can listen to Pocketunes streaming off the net, while checking Chatter emal at the same time. I can surf using XXino or Blazer if I use a proxy server. I just can't access my Soundbridge's interenal web page. I can ping it, but can;t access it. The url is http://192.168.1.101/SoundBridgeNP.html
    I wounder if the browser is not using the capital letters? It has to be capital or it will not work, well at leat not from my PC using IE6.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by tahkuct
    Thanks for the link. My question is what would be an ip address for sprint pcs imap server and where do I enter it? Any other solutionto get versamail to work?
    I was running into DNS problems with KMaps as well so I decided to try something else. Under Preferences -> Network -> Details -> Advanced I did the following:

Uncheck Query DNS
    Go back to DOS cmd prompt
    ipconfig /all
    Find the DNS settings that my Ethernet connection was using
    Set these to primary and secondary DNS on Treo

Boom! KMaps now works without DNS issues. I'm going to try changing my Pop server back to named rather than hardcoded IP. I'll report the results later.

Here's my question. Shouldn't the BT Adaptor handle DNS? I'd like to have the Network Connection for Bluetooth handle DNS automatically. Anyone know how to make this work?

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Hey everyone !!! this is great... using my own BT Network to my thinkpad's network.. and the speed of the download pages are great.... this also awsome for reading news while in my "other office" in the house It is good to know that listening to the streaming music will not interfer with my incoming calls... Thanks to all who provided the information to make this happen.
    Got to love it... Balinor
    Hi folks - thanks for all the great info on simple COM setup & proxy server I'm now sharing internet connection. I can update versamail no problem. I even have my old NZ90 surfing the net on NetFront via BT - which I had written off after 2 years of trying. I am using one of the public proxies, but I will cycle through a few to find a fast one. I know the connection back to the PC is 115K but sometimes the proxy takes ages to cycle back after a click. Couple of questions

On the Treo 650, I have the BT connection up & running in Prefs - but whenever I switch to Blazer - no matter if the connection is up or down or the phone radio on/off - it always disconnects it & starts my WAP connection & starts handshaking. Any clues on how to stop Blazer having blinkered vision like this...

2nd Q. If I'd like to setup a proxy server at home instead of using a public one for security... what kind of hardware do I need ? At DSL/Router switch with some fuction or other... ie. how do I specify what I'd need?

Thanks again I know I'm almost there with Treo/Blazer thanks for the info so far - it's made me take up an old battle again... I can read this forum while appearing to sit with my family in front of the TV - instead of being 'anti social' stuck in the other room in front of the PC (yeah like TV is not anti-social right!)
    All right I am on my knees and humbled by my complete stupidity and evident inferiority, just call me Mr. *****, I have thrown in the battery on this issue.

I can and do wirelessly synch to my computer I wanted to add Reverse DUN, well this is my LOOOONG tale of woe.

I have done the below as outlined by TREOJUNKIE but I do not have the option of “Select the connection you wish to share”, I am signed on as the Administrator running XP2 Pro I have tried many times to set that connection up but it will not show up as shown in the attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    No, the DUN hack was for going the other direction (using treo as modem). In this scenario, the bluetooth access point (laptop, desktop, etc) is the modem.

Instructions (from windows xp, "classic view"):
    Start->Control Panel
    Network Connections
    Select the connection you wish to share (ie, the broadband connection)
    Advanced Tab
    Allow other network users to connect through this...
    Select the bluetooth network adapter (this must be set up through bluetooth software)
    *Ok
    * If all goes well here, it should enable it and your icon for "local area connection" will look slightly different. Otherwise, it will throw errors at you. One thing to watch out for- it wants to be 192.168.0.1 to do the NAT for the private bt network. I already have a 192.168.0.1 defined on my home network, so that was an issue.

Instructions (from treo):
    Go into prefs
    Click Connection (Under Other)
    New
    Connect to: [Local Network]
    Via: [Bluetooth]
    Device: [browse for the device]
    Ok
    Done
    Click Network (Under Communication)
    Menu->New
    Connection: [Select name of bt connection created]
    Connect (to test it)

Now, you can switch between services (new dun service and sprint vision), so make sure you switch back when you don't want to use bluetooth anymore.
    Launching a network-enabled app, it may say "turning on phone". Just hit cancel if you don't want it to. Then it will try to initialize connection and establish it.
    Enjoy!
    I have then followed the sage advice of PAESANO as noted and was able to connect to my computer as evidenced by the networking screen.

Quote Originally Posted by paesano
    Yes. Here's how I did it. It's kinda long, and I got bored toward the end. Hope it helps, anyway. It works for me!
    In Windows:
    1) Go to "Bluetooth Devices" by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the control panel.
    2) Select the "COM Ports" tab.
    3) Select "Add" to add a Bluetooth COM port.
    4) Select "Incoming" and the select "OK."
    5) Remember the COM port number that will apear in the list of available COM ports.
    6) Go to the "Options" tab and select the "Turn discovery on" check box.
    7) Now, go to "Network Connections" in the control panel.
    8) Select "Create a new connection."
    9) Select "Set up an advanced connection" and select "Next."
    10) Select "Connect directly to another Computer" and select "Next."
    11) Select "Host" and select "Next."
    12) In the dropdown list, select the COM port that I told you to memorize, then select "Next."
    13) Select the user you want allow to log in to this connection, then select "Next."
    14) Select "Finish" and you are done creating a connection that be used for LAN access from the Palm.

On the Treo:
    1) Add the Windows PC to the Trusted Device List in the Bluetooth panel ("Setup Devices" -> "Trusted Devices" -> "Add Device").
    2) Goto "Prefs" and select "Connection."
    3) Select "New" to create a new connection.
    4) Give the connection a name.
    5) In the "Connect to" drop-down list, select PC.
    6) In the "Via" drop-down list, select Bluetooth.
    7) Tap where it says "Tap to Find."
    8) Select the select the trusted device you created above and select "OK."
    9) Now select "Done" and select "Network" in the "Prefs" panel.
    10) Create a new service (Service Menu).
    11) Give it a name, select the connection you just created, enter the user name that you selected in the Windows setup, and enter the password.

Now here's the trick:
    12) Select "Details."
    13) Select "Advanced."
    14) Select "Script."
    15) Now you create a script that sends the string "CLIENT" a couple of times (select "Send" in the drop-down list) and then waits (select "Wait for" in the drop-down list) for the "CLIENTSERVER" string. This deals with Microsofts proprietary PPP driver.
    16) Now hit Done, OK, whatever to get back to the "Network" panel and select "Connect" to establish the connection.
    But was not able to go from there with either Opera – it froze or Blazer just kept searching for Google or DA – which came back with an error, I did not even try this option and did not know if it was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    You just need to change the proxy server (advanced tab in options on Blazer). There is a list of open proxy servers available on the web: http://www.publicproxyservers.com/page1.html

Warning: some are run by scammers just trying to get personal info by logging your http sessions; don't do anything good over one of these -- they'll get you using Blazer at blazing speeds, though...

I have done numerous searches, reboots, resets, restarts, you name it, I am obviously missing something or I am the missing link, does anyone care to comment either way??

Thank you and my apologies for the long thread, rarely I can not get things to work and when that happens it just pisses me OFF. So I wanted to share my stupidity and pain with you all.
    Thanks again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
  16.    #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_g
    All right I am on my knees and humbled by my complete stupidity and evident inferiority, just call me Mr. *****, I have thrown in the battery on this issue.

I can and do wirelessly synch to my computer I wanted to add Reverse DUN, well this is my LOOOONG tale of woe.

I have done the below as outlined by TREOJUNKIE but I do not have the option of “Select the connection you wish to share”, I am signed on as the Administrator running XP2 Pro I have tried many times to set that connection up but it will not show up as shown in the attachment.

stevie_g, when I said "Select the connection you wish to share", I didn't _literally_ mean that. You need to select the network connection that gives you internet access. For mine, it's "Wireless Network Connection".

Let me know if that helps.
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sydney
    On the Treo 650, I have the BT connection up & running in Prefs - but whenever I switch to Blazer - no matter if the connection is up or down or the phone radio on/off - it always disconnects it & starts my WAP connection & starts handshaking. Any clues on how to stop Blazer having blinkered vision like this...

2nd Q. If I'd like to setup a proxy server at home instead of using a public one for security... what kind of hardware do I need ? At DSL/Router switch with some fuction or other... ie. how do I specify what I'd need?
    Clues anyone?
    After finally managing to get Reverse DUN to work (including using a public proxy for Blazer), found out that I was only getting 6k through my DSL connection

Wanted to use RDUN because reception in the house is not too good. Outside I have EDGE 90k+, but was hoping that I might get DSL speeds thru RDUN (750k+).

Guess I will just have to do my Treo surfing on the front porch.

hum............when i am trying to enable internet connection sharing
    It gives me an error like this:
    "An error occurred while Internet Connections Sharing was being enabled.
    Internet Connection Sharing cannot be enabled.
    A LAN connection is already configured with the IP address that is required for automatic IP addressing."

Any idea how i can fix this?
    I read all the post, it said it will use 192.168.0.1
    which is used by my d-link router already
    how can i work this out?
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos5
    hum............when i am trying to enable internet connection sharing
    It gives me an error like this:
    "An error occurred while Internet Connections Sharing was being enabled.
    Internet Connection Sharing cannot be enabled.
    A LAN connection is already configured with the IP address that is required for automatic IP addressing."

Any idea how i can fix this?
    I read all the post, it said it will use 192.168.0.1
    which is used by my d-link router already
    how can i work this out?
    Obvously you have to change your dlink ip address (probably subnet)
    Ciao

Ettore