1.    #1  
    Is there (would there be) a big difference between a SanDisk vs. a SanDisk ultra II?

JandR has the 1 gig SD for $79 and change and the SD Ultra II for $99

They also have a PNY 1 gig for $49 after rebate..

Thoughts? Suggestions? Criticisms?
    I just ordered the Sandisk Ultra II 2GB (yes 2) for $173 at buy.com. I have a Sandisk ultra II for my digital camera and love it.
  3.    #3  
    but with the speed, etc of the treo is the ultra II overkill or?
    Quote Originally Posted by dean2526
    I just ordered the Sandisk Ultra II 2GB (yes 2) for $173 at buy.com. I have a Sandisk ultra II for my digital camera and love it.
    Did you ever get your card yet? My order has been sitting in the que for the last few days.
    How about someone shoot a quick primer in about SD cards. Is there a difference in the speed of the card (SanDisk vs SanDisk Ultra II)? Could there be a compatibility issue from manufacturer to manufacturer? etc.
    KitMoni
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    After waiting for ages, I just moved up from a Kingston 512 "regular speed" card to the Sandisk Ultra II (1 gig). It makes a HUGE difference on the Treo (600). As a concrete example, if I move my Vindigo file, which is about 1.6 megs, to the card, the Sandisk opened it a couple seconds faster. But on closing, it took the Kingston 50 seconds to write it back to the card. It took the Ultra II *9 seconds*. This means that I can keep Vindigo on the card (and move it to RAM only to occasionally update as needed), freeing up a bunch more RAM.
    I've returned 3 Ultra II they keep locking up so they are unreadable.
    I've had a Simpletech ProX card for 6 months no no prob and it is also faster than the ultra 2 I got on ebay best price there i just got a 512MB 1 for 89 retail is a lot lot more