Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Hmm... The more I look at this the more I'm starting to think this might not work afterall. The drivers appear to integrate into the rom of the device, thus the reason there are 3 different installers for each of the T3, T5 and Zire... I believe the foundation is here, but I'm not going to be able to patch it... This needs more development against the Treo's rom... And that remains to be seen if they'll even consider it...

I'm not giving up, just wanted to let you all know what I'm thinking... If we could get a T5 with a card and install it properly I'd like to see the files and/or programs that work to make it function. I'm thinking they integrate into the os somehow... Heck, part of this driver appears to be firmware enhancments...

If we got you a T5 and a wi-fi card, would that help?

The kitty is rising...
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Clarification; you started the thread, I suggested we have Shadow on it, and sart the R&D fund.
    I implied that in starting the thread. I didn't want to exclude other developers from picking it up or call ShadowMite to it if he didn't find it interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty
    Clarification: my idea to start the fund

Sometimes I wonder about people around here.....grow up!!!
    Sometimes I wonder about it too.

"all those who want this should sponsor a card for shadowmite ! :-)"
    (and then having 12 posts go by with no response) is not the same as the person who takes the suggestion and says "Here's the first $5, let's get this going", and starting the snowball.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I implied that in starting the thread. I didn't want to exclude other developers from picking it up or call ShadowMite to it if he didn't find it interesting.

Agree, but obvious this has become the Shadow show, although all special guest are welcome.

(But the kitty makes it much more interesting)
  5.    #165  
    It sounds like it doesn't look very good if it starts tying itself into the device's ROM. I'm encouraged by you not giving up, but it's clear it's not something that will be solved in a matter of hours or maybe even days. I wonder if there's a major T5 forum with T5 developers who might help out with this. Anyone know of such a place?
    yaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwnn - mikec, you are making this thread very boring! Yes, you are the BEST!! We all love you very much. Now give it back over to Shadow!
    $280 and counting....c'mon, let's keep it going.
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty
    yaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwnn - mikec, you are making this thread very boring! Yes, you are the BEST!! We all love you very much. Now give it back over to Shadow!
    The thread never left Shadow.

As the great song goes (bonus points if you know it without a google search) "If you love me, then leave me alone".

I know, I know, $280 for Shadow/wf-fi driver is boring.

Swifty...now I remember you...you work at the DMV, right? ;-)
    Swifty...now I remember you...you work at the DMV, right? ;-)
    Used to - they fired me
    Shadowmite..

I'm not sure what your current employmet status is ..... heck you may not even need any with all the donations coming in these days* .

But I say we all get together and put together a petition to have a position created at Palmone (for the best interests of all us Treo fans).

Shadow.. we leave it up to you to decide your starting salary .. per haps two lifetimes supply of redvines !

*PS: put me down for $20
    I'm in for $10. Let's make this happen.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    The kitty is rising...
    See, now all I want to do is make bad "kitty" jokes.
    Watch out Godzilla! The kitty is rising!

fredlet
    (here kitty, kitty)
  13.    #173  
    You'd think we were the ones trying to decode assembly language with our insane babbling.
    Quote Originally Posted by akurk
    Shadowmite..

I'm not sure what your current employmet status is ..... heck you may not even need any with all the donations coming in these days* .

But I say we all get together and put together a petition to have a position created at Palmone (for the best interests of all us Treo fans).
    I'd like to work for Palm... I've never yet tried to apply to them, nor even thought about it. But you have to remember then they could shut me up with NDA's... I work in Telecom actually, doing sonet network design and testing...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The drivers appear to integrate into the rom of the device, thus the reason there are 3 different installers for each of the T3, T5 and Zire...
    By "device" do you mean the Treo or the WiFi card itself?

I'm sure you saw this in the driver prerequisites:
    The palmOne WiFi card must be inserted during the installation process for the installation to be completed successfully.
    Is it possible you can't debug this on the simulator because you can't simulate the WiFi card?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Is it possible you can't debug this on the simulator because you can't simulate the WiFi card?
    No, the T5 sim at least gets to the point of asking for the card to be inserted. The 650 sim/5.2 sim, and 4.3 rom emu however always hangup at the part where it's supposed to autolaunch the next install program. It's something in the sheriff program, but it could be a call to the rom of the palm device itself... The next things I'm gonna try will be other implementations of the install file (sheriff) or trying to get a real zire/t3/t5 and try to steal the drivers off them to see what changes are made... As kenundrum has found, the files appear to have a missing first letter and are mostly all hidden/copy protected thus the statement palm made about them not being able to be backed up... It's a uphill fight right now, but we're not done yet...
    The look on showmite's avitar shows it all - tenacity. Keep up the good fight showmite!
    Shadowmite rules simply for having Sharky from Eek the Cat as his avatar
    Take a look at this boys and girls:
    http://tapland.com/news_arc/?id=587

Tapwave has just released a free Wi-Fi driver for the Zodiac. Rumor has it that it may work with the T3/T5 as well. shadowmite, how's about taking a look to see if this driver might work with the Treo as well?

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Here is the WiFi driver from the Tapware website.

Al
    Attached Files Attached Files