Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
    It has been two days! This is not fixed yet?

It is hard to find good help these days.

I am in for $10
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty
    Iggie - even if that is the case, one could use the WiFi with the phone off - not the best solution, but better than no WiFi!
    It's not the cellular radio, it's the Bluetooth radio that poses a problem. And it goes beyond just simply turning off Bluetooth. But I digress because I don't completely understand how Palm built the radios.
    The thing is Bluetooth wouldn't be as useful for me. I don't have a bluetooth headset, if I was going to use my computer to patch into my phone as a modem with Bluetooth I would just get a wireless connection on my computer, and finally, Bluetooth is so easy to hijack.
    I want to be able to surf/email on my Treo without the expensive prices that AT&T wants for a service plan.
    fredlet
    www.fredlet.com
    Re: the radios interfering with each other: can't you just turn off the wireless phone for a bit?
    fredlet
    www.fredlet.com
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite

001526BA 0C6F00160002 CMPI.W #22!$16, #$2(A7) [=#$0]
    001526C0 669C BNE #-100!$-64 ;0015265E
    0015265E 7600 MOVEQ #$0, D3
    00152660 4878FFFF PEA #65535!$FFFF.W
    00152664 486F0006 PEA #$6(A7) [=#$0]
    00152668 4E4FA11D TRAP #15!$F, #41245!$A11D [sysTrapEvtGetEvent]

That's the log right before it hangs most often... I've found it in the files, I'm just trying to figure out what the T5 does different to bypass this.
    I'm good for $5, too. In addition, if there's any help needed, I'd be willing to offer advice/opinions. I don't have the equipment needed, but I did write a Motorola 68328 compiler and have a decent understanding of the instruction set. I'm sure the forum has a wealth of developer resources, so that poor shadowmite doesn't get bogged down with pressure
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    I'm good for $5, too. In addition, if there's any help needed, I'd be willing to offer advice/opinions. I don't have the equipment needed, but I did write a Motorola 68328 compiler and have a decent understanding of the instruction set. I'm sure the forum has a wealth of developer resources, so that poor shadowmite doesn't get bogged down with pressure
    Maybe some of the PalmOne developers browsing should speak up
    Quote Originally Posted by fredlet
    Re: the radios interfering with each other: can't you just turn off the wireless phone for a bit?
    You can to save power but that is all. Turning off the "wireless phone" won't do anything to enable wi-fi.
    Ok a few things going on here.

1. Many many laptops have the ability to use both WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time. So I really don't think there is a conflict. (Although I'd be concerned about the GSM radio since it seams to interfere with almost everythign electronic)

2. Drivers can very very tricky. What might appear to work for a Sprint 650 might not work on the GSM version, or maybe the opposite is true. I think if the driver doesn't work on both platforms, then PalmOne wouldn't release it for fear of causing many problems between carriers.
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    It's not the cellular radio, it's the Bluetooth radio that poses a problem. And it goes beyond just simply turning off Bluetooth. But I digress because I don't completely understand how Palm built the radios.
    I don't see how it can beyond turning it off. If it doesn't have power going to it how can it interfere? With the power off, wouldn't it have the same likelihood of interfering as say a cuddly teddy bear? I guess I don't completely understand it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    You can to save power but that is all. Turning off the "wireless phone" won't do anything to enable wi-fi.
    I *know* it won't enable the wifi.
    I was referring to it being turned off to preclude any interference between the two if we got the wifi to work.
    fredlet
    www.fredlet.com
    Maybe those offering to help are from Palm?

Shawdowmite for PalmOne President!

I pledge $5 even if I don't have a T650 yet
    Ed

It's a Beautiful Day in Waiehu! http://edgarces.com
    Well, its 2:30 in the morning in India right now. Maybe they will chime in when they wake up?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I'd be willing to offer advice/opinions. I don't have the equipment needed, but I did write a Motorola 68328 compiler and have a decent understanding of the instruction set.
    The interesting part is this one:

It's NOT in the prc file, it is NOT inbetween those other instructions... Yet the debugger shows it happening! Hmm...
    The interesting part is this one:

It's NOT in the prc file, it is NOT inbetween those other instructions... Yet the debugger shows it happening! Hmm...
    I noticed that- the two pea (push effective address) are merely setting up the parameters to be passed to the function call, but I'm not sure what the MOVEQ is doing. Perhaps the OS loader does some work to set up the stack before this function call, like sets up the return address so the function can return? Does this sequence happen before other function calls, shadowmite?
    Thought I'd interject with this, after some Googling. You probably know this already.

MOVEQ ****= Move Quick (move direct data to register)
    Hmm... The more I look at this the more I'm starting to think this might not work afterall. The drivers appear to integrate into the rom of the device, thus the reason there are 3 different installers for each of the T3, T5 and Zire... I believe the foundation is here, but I'm not going to be able to patch it... This needs more development against the Treo's rom... And that remains to be seen if they'll even consider it...

I'm not giving up, just wanted to let you all know what I'm thinking... If we could get a T5 with a card and install it properly I'd like to see the files and/or programs that work to make it function. I'm thinking they integrate into the os somehow... Heck, part of this driver appears to be firmware enhancments...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Ahem... *clears throat*
    Clarification; you started the thread, I suggested we have Shadow on it, and started the R&D fund.
    Last edited by mikec; 12/01/2004 at 03:49 PM.
    Hmm, a lifetime supply of redvines and diet pepsi would be nice...

Redvines!

A man after my own heart...most excellent. I'm sure a few of us could make a Costco run, gratis.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Clarification; you started the thread, I suggested we have Shadow on it, and sart the R&D fund.
    Clarification: my idea to start the fund

Sometimes I wonder about people around here.....grow up!!!
    Sometimes I wonder about people around here.....grow up!!!
    NEVER!!!!
    fredlet
    www.fredlet.com
Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast