Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1320
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Since I started all this, I will give an update:

    Looks like we have $200 pledged thus far, with pledges but no amounts from Beelzebub and Atif. Seems like enough to get Shadow a P1 wi-fi card to test.

    There is no account set up as yet, although some people have offered.
    Shadow is asking us to hold off for a bit, but I still think we should have the kitty, and let him determine how he wants to obtain it, etc.

    I started this as an R&D fund for a wi-fi card for Shadow for testing; although he is doing remote testing with someone, I am still of the mindset that if he gets this working adequately, that he should get the funds (or at least a card) for his efforts.

    Now let's see some more pledges! A wi-fi driver is worth lot to the TC community.

    (Also, please do not post your pledge again is you already have done it (unless you are adding more. Thx.)
    I think Shadow should get the money whether this thing works or not, to compensate him for his time and effort, and as a "thank you" for the BT DUN.
  2. #122  
    The reason for no WiFi for the Treo may be political. If you had WiFi on a Treo 650 maybe Skype could write an application that would let talk on the phone via WiFi to make a free call to another Skype user or use Skypeout.

    I doubt the big cellphone companies would like that feature in a product they sell and give a big discount on, it would undermine their monthly fees.

    I'd kick-in $10 myself if you can get this thing to work on a Garmin iQue 3600 (I gave up on my P1 unit). But I don't think it has SDIO.
    "Real intelligence is a creative use of knowledge, not merely an accumulation of facts." -- D. Kenneth Winebrenner
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Since I started all this, I will give an update:
    Ahem... *clears throat*
  4. #124  
    they already make a version of Skype for Pocket PC, so i'm sure a palm version would not be long in coming once WiFi is sorted out.
  5. #125  
    10$
  6.    #126  
    Kenundrum and/or Shadowmite: Is any progress being made on this today? I'm not trying to be pushy or anything, but yesterday there were reports coming every couple of hours. Haven't heard much of anything today thus far. I'm kind of curious if the dream is dying or if you two have to get back to your lives.
  7. #127  
    I'm in for $10 on the kitty.

    bmacfarland - from the posts over the last year on the 600, it seemed pretty clear that the main issue with SD BT / WiFi cards was that the 600 didn't provide enough power to drive / support those cards. That made drivers irrelevant. Yes, I could try to sell the 600 on eBay - not certain if I could get $300 - but your point of it offsetting the upgrade cost is taken.

    I'm just rankled by the poor customer approach of P1 and still thinking about jumping ship.

    But, it's efforts like those of Shadowmite / Kenundrum, and reviews like this http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1733584,00.asp that keep me from jumping at this point. In terms of smartphones - the 600 and 650 still seem to be the best despite the limitations. It makes one think if only P1 really did their jobs in planning out the 650.......
  8. #128  
    I've been busy with some REAL work today () yet am working on it still... I keep coming to a hangup trying to get the installer to run the utilities it should... I still have many tricks left to throw at it though so no fears...

    001526BA 0C6F00160002 CMPI.W #22!$16, #$2(A7) [=#$0]
    001526C0 669C BNE #-100!$-64 ;0015265E
    0015265E 7600 MOVEQ #$0, D3
    00152660 4878FFFF PEA #65535!$FFFF.W
    00152664 486F0006 PEA #$6(A7) [=#$0]
    00152668 4E4FA11D TRAP #15!$F, #41245!$A11D [sysTrapEvtGetEvent]

    That's the log right before it hangs most often... I've found it in the files, I'm just trying to figure out what the T5 does different to bypass this.
  9. #129  
    Get 'em shadow. Kick his ***! This guy's got nothin' on you!

    Go GO GO GO !!!!
  10. #130  
    Oh, oh, I know...I got it....the $ before the ! should actually be a #.

    Boy, I'm totally impressed that these "codes" mean something to someone...it just looks like greek to me. Thanks for your work Shadowmite! Don't let all those codes make you go cross-eyed!
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
  11. #131  
    Just let me know WHATEVER you need to get this puppy on wifi... we'll make it happen.
    Jeebus, I''ve been whining for a year about this! Think of all the suffering you'll save the world just by NOT making them listen to me whining!
    =

    Drop me a line if I can help.
    fredlet at gmail dot com
  12. #132  
    Just let me know WHATEVER you need to get this puppy on wifi...
    Hmm, a lifetime supply of redvines and diet pepsi would be nice...
  13. #133  
    you bet... and the Aimee Mann song to accompany it.
    fredlet
    www.fredlet.com
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos
    bmacfarland - from the posts over the last year on the 600, it seemed pretty clear that the main issue with SD BT / WiFi cards was that the 600 didn't provide enough power to drive / support those cards. That made drivers irrelevant.
    It was clearly spread a "possible" reason. I think SanDisk even said that may be the case with devices. However, I don't think it was proven by anyone with any certainty. If there is anything other than bunch of taking that reason and running with it, I'd like to see it. C-guys had said they had something, but couldn't do the drivers and then ran into other delays. Obviously the power requirements would have been the very first thing they checked. My point is that it's not certain the Treo 600 doesn't have enough power, just that lots of people echo'd it around these forums.
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Hmm, a lifetime supply of redvines and diet pepsi would be nice...
    If you are like me, a company could go very poor with giving out a lifetime supply of Pepsi One. The money raised thus far could probably by some major Pepsi and Redvines.
  16. #136  
    Not to spread FUD, but I seem to recall someone from Handspring mentioning that the two radios interfere with each other.... We shall see it seems
  17. #137  
    I'll just spend the money that I *would* have spent on a service plan for data at AT&T on the pepsi... I consider it a better investment. heh.
    fredlet
    www.fredlet.com
  18. #138  
    Iggie - even if that is the case, one could use the WiFi with the phone off - not the best solution, but better than no WiFi!
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    It was clearly spread a "possible" reason. I think SanDisk even said that may be the case with devices. However, I don't think it was proven by anyone with any certainty. If there is anything other than bunch of taking that reason and running with it, I'd like to see it. C-guys had said they had something, but couldn't do the drivers and then ran into other delays. Obviously the power requirements would have been the very first thing they checked. My point is that it's not certain the Treo 600 doesn't have enough power, just that lots of people echo'd it around these forums.
    I personally do not have a use for wi-fi (though I can certainly see how other users would need it), and I don't even think it is possible on the Treo 650, but I do think these efforts are good for the Treo community, regardless of outcome.

    I just wish there was a similar outcry for Bluetooth and a demand for Palm to incorporate and fully enable all its capabilities.
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie
    Not to spread FUD, but I seem to recall someone from Handspring mentioning that the two radios interfere with each other.... We shall see it seems
    Yeah, that was me.
Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions