Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1320
    "me too" added! :-)
    Um. NOBODY FROM PALM reads the Palm forums so you're wasting your breath and just talking to the wall (so to speak).

If you want to let Palm know, send their tech support an email directly so that you do get someone from Palm or call them directly.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/contact/contact_us.html

Or, bother those Palm people like Paul Novotny, Heather Cullen, Kevin Michaels and others who spend their time on non-official Palm boards (like here, Brighthand, 1src, etc) with their support responses but have NEVER replied to any question in their own official Palm forums.

I have asked him this same question in this thread.

I was wondering where the rash of "me too" postings regarding the Wi-Fi drivers in the Palm forum came from.
    Last edited by maceyr; 06/25/2006 at 03:24 PM.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr
    Um. NOBODY FROM PALM reads the Palm forums so you're wasting your breath and just talking to the wall (so to speak).

If you want to let Palm know, send their tech support an email directly so that you do get someone from Palm or call them directly.
    I wouldn't say "NOBODY". I posted a reply to the "million dollar question" comment, in the second or third post, and received a message advising I'd violated their terms of use, or something to that effect, and I'd have to re-word my comment if I wanted to post it.

I think talking to Palm would be a waste of breath as they, already, know. I'm talking to the Treo 650 owners who are p.o.'d about not having wifi and Palm lying to us about it. If I can get enough of them off their butts, we may be able to get a class action suit going and that seems to get Palm's attention. 8-

If Shadowmite can do it, why can't Palm? http://forums.palm.com/pe/action/for...ostID=20304568 Tell them you're mad as hell and will see them in court, if that's what it takes to get them to honour their commitments.
    Are you sure that it's not an auto-generated message? Sometimes I get some auto generated message that I needed to edit the posting too, so I don't think that anyone from Palm has read the posting (of course, I'm not sure about that).

If you want to start a class action lawsuit (I'm sure that you'll get lots of interested lawyers willing to do it), go ahead, but I think you are wasting your time.

Just my opinion.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr
    Are you sure that it's not an auto-generated message? Sometimes I get some auto generated message that I needed to edit the posting too, so I don't think that anyone from Palm has read the posting (of course, I'm not sure about that).
    No, I was busy and didn't pay that much attention but my post was innocuous enough I think it unlikely a script would've caught it.

If you want to start a class action lawsuit (I'm sure that you'll get lots of interested lawyers willing to do it), go ahead, but I think you are wasting your time.

Just my opinion.
    I'm sorry, I don't know how I gave you the impression I was asking anyone's permission to do anything.

I'm interested, though, in the reason for your opinion. Colligan's statements are pretty clear and definite. I don't think we'd need Clarence Darrow to win, if this did get before a Court.
    mmm ... sorry for disturbing ... i am new user for treo 650. so, is there any possibilities that i can use the treo sdio wifi card on the treo ? i am just too lazy to find out through this long thread ... sorry again.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo_pony
    mmm ... sorry for disturbing ... i am new user for treo 650. so, is there any possibilities that i can use the treo sdio wifi card on the treo ? i am just too lazy to find out through this long thread ... sorry again.
    mmm... no problem, gizmopony... i am too lazy to answer... sorry.
    so do these drivers still work?
    I would think that if they did, there would be more people posting that they had gotten it to work, sadly...
    0.K., I got lost, after reading all the posts from almost the beginning I was reading everything, the Test Files, the Beta Files, codes and all that after I just arrived to the part where the poeple was happy and downloading ASAP! I tried the links but they're not working, so... I've got a 600 and a 650, what Wifi card should I use? What files should I download? Hope you can help me! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    0.K., I got lost, after reading all the posts from almost the beginning I was reading everything, the Test Files, the Beta Files, codes and all that after I just arrived to the part where the poeple was happy and downloading ASAP! I tried the links but they're not working, so... I've got a 600 and a 650, what Wifi card should I use? What files should I download? Hope you can help me! Thank you!
    I think the short and quick answer is that this is a problem that can easily be solved. With money. Go purchase the appropriate Treo device with a model number > 699 and go purchase one of them-thar SD cards with wifi thingee built into it.

Or you can reward Palm in the way that is appropriate and they have so richly earned, and purchase a device manufactured by HTC.

Sadly, I will select both solutions.
    Has anyone tested the wifi drivers on a T650 CDMA ?

I have Palm's SDIO Card and T650 (CDMA) to test but would want to check if someone already completed this test.

regards.
    Well, over at the myTreo Forum, there is someone who is taking the liberty to see into the Wifi problem in the 650. As of now here is what is going on:

- The 650 recognizes the SD Wifi Card
    - Establishes a link and connects to the router
    - Navigates but tends to drop the signal

As many of you read, it takes a lot of work and overall help to do this task, so I invite this community and all other "treonauts" to come and show support to Dimitry so maybe we can get the SD Wifi to work with the new firmwares.

Paul Days

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,44052.0.html
    where hes at now won't work. perhaps on a CDMA phone but not on a GSM phone. i tried all the Roms.
    Has anyone tried it on 700p/755p?
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    well.... bottom line now.. can I put WiFi on mi treo 650???
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_911 View Post
    can I put WiFi on mi treo 650???
    The only known solution I'm aware of is the (discontinued) Enfora WiFi Adapter made specifically for the 650.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Agreed. It will be very hard to find one, even if you go through Ebay and other places for used ones.

Seriously, if you want wi-fi, I'd suggest getting another device. Or stick with the 650 and be happy with what you've got.
    I have one like new I traded my treo about 6 months ago I never used it but the person before me said they did a couple of times. I would sell it for 50 bucks shipped. The number is WLN1502. I know there is one on ebay for like 80.00 Let me know. I think the only thing I don't have for it is the manaul but the cd should have that on it
    So will this at all work without a wifi card?