Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14545960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1320
    I have an unlocked GSM -- firmware version 1.15 .

if Best Bye sells that P1 wifi card (and if they allow returns on them) i'll try to get one this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by patwoods
    Sounds like a macro program of some kind to switch between drivers is in order. One click to install them, another to remove... Which files do you need to remove each time? All of them? There are 26 files (not counting the VPN stuff) in there, kind of hard to remember every time.
    Well, if you just want to enable GPRS , you can try by removing only "Fake Net Library" and its language overlay (enUS)
    That should do it.

Btw, you may also try to connect wifi after removing "fake net library"...
    it may work... I didn't try that and won't be able to try until tonight.

Can anyone attach the Mergic VPN installation files from the Treo 650 installation CD ?
    thanks...
    I tried removing "Fake Net Library" and it is a SUCCESS !

Now I can use GPRS and Wifi whenever I need. No need for wifi driver uninstallation.

Wifi works without Fake Net Library...

EDIT:
    well there are some problems after deleting fake net library. Now my wifi connection is established but I can't get on to internet.
    I set up an adhoc network between my laptop and Treo 650. Laptop is connected to internet with ADSL and this connection is shared to Wireless LAN (Windows XP)

I can ping the Treo from my Laptop but I can't ping the Laptop from Treo. Verichat can connect but Blazer, Snappermail can not connect. Also I can't update weather with Agendus or TreoAlarm.

This is interesting. Wifi works, but there is a problem with IP connection.
    In fact IP connection works, because I can ping the Treo from Laptop and Verichat connects. ???
    Last edited by ilkeraktuna; 04/14/2005 at 04:00 PM.
    Sounds unbelievable! Could you post some pictures which proves that? And the latest wifi driver kit is very welcome!
    How do we get Firmware 1/15?

Simon
    my replacement came preconfiged w/1.15 (original was a paperweight.)

even though this 650 is stable I'm not loving the platform in general and I'm thinking about ebaying it and getting a PPC. (i want wifi -- but I also WANT Skype. Its kinda of sad that there are too few palm wifi enabled users to make it worthwhile for skype to port their stuff to the POS.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    I tried removing "Fake Net Library" and it is a SUCCESS !
    Do you have the Fake Net Lib after installing the Wifi drivers or before?

I don't have them

Additional, which Hardware has your Treo? Mine is A

Thanks
    Oliver
    RTFM
    I want to continue the discussion about Wifi on GSM Treo 650 to a newer thread as this thread is too long and related mostly about SPRINT Treo 650's wifi connection.

Here's the new thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?p=635494

I tried to explain all my experience and the current problem on that thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ultip
    So I was wondering how the drivers function for people with Verizon or ones using the GSM version. As far as I'm aware those 2 scenarios were not tested.
    I purchased a t5 wifi card and tried to install the hack but received a message saying that the device's drivers were newer than the update (from the hack file) so no changes were made. Have any other verizon 650 users had this same problem and if so how did you get by it?
    Sorry if this has already been sorted out - but I also get the reset loop - has this been resolved? (650)

Thanks,
    Kurt
    I just bought my palm treo 650 from rogers a month ago. However, I need to other countries and I found out that roaming would cost me alot. Is there a way where I can unlock my unit so I can use other gsm simcards in my country of destination. Hope anyone could help?

Thanks in advance.....
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin0925
    I just bought my palm treo 650 from rogers a month ago. However, I need to other countries and I found out that roaming would cost me alot. Is there a way where I can unlock my unit so I can use other gsm simcards in my country of destination. Hope anyone could help?

Thanks in advance.....
    and you asked this question on this thread because it has something to do with WiFi?

Anyway, you need to call your carrier and get them to give you an unlock code.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kvoelker
    Sorry if this has already been sorted out - but I also get the reset loop - has this been resolved? (650)

Thanks,
    Kurt
    no.
    Quote Originally Posted by chamboncit0
    I purchased a t5 wifi card and tried to install the hack but received a message saying that the device's drivers were newer than the update (from the hack file) so no changes were made. Have any other verizon 650 users had this same problem and if so how did you get by it?
    Did you ever get this resolved?

ANYBODY with a WiFi Verizon 650 ? Please respond as soon as possible.

thanks!
    //
    Quote Originally Posted by Darius2010
    Did you ever get this resolved?

ANYBODY with a WiFi Verizon 650 ? Please respond as soon as possible.

thanks!
    //
    I have to ask *humbly of course*...there are Wifi SD Cards with Memory on them...I don't suppose these were tested too??

Actually, the way they are getting wireless broadband upgrades going...WiFi won't even concern me in a few months...by the time I get it I will just get a new phone, LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic
    I have to ask *humbly of course*...there are Wifi SD Cards with Memory on them...I don't suppose these were tested too??

Actually, the way they are getting wireless broadband upgrades going...WiFi won't even concern me in a few months...by the time I get it I will just get a new phone, LOL.
    I forgot to subscribe to this thread....

Yes, SanDisk makes a 256MB Wifi Card!
    http://www.sandisk.com/retail/256mb-wifi-sd.asp
    Re: wireless broadband...

a.) WiFi=FREE

b.) Verizon Wireless Broadband = $45 on top of your regular cell bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darius2010
    I forgot to subscribe to this thread....

Yes, SanDisk makes a 256MB Wifi Card!
    http://www.sandisk.com/retail/256mb-wifi-sd.asp
    Has that card been tested to work with the 650 drivers, though??
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Has that card been tested to work with the 650 drivers, though??
    I don't think so. I think the only drivers written for the 650 are for Sprint and the PalmOne WiFi card
    grndslm, I remember seeing some posts about people getting the card and trying it, but of course it wouldn't work for them. You might want to contact SanDisk and try to spur them into either updating their drivers or making a card for the Treo 650. I sent them an email. No reply yet though. Maybe if they get enough demand, they may make one or update their driver set.