Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1320
    IMHO, the sled is an option not for everybody. It is bulky and requires us to take treo out of its case. That, and it is still not available for purchase, yet.

I also think the company that creates the sled is as slow P1, since they released the Treo 600 sled sometime after Treo 650 came out.
    Just attended another trade show where I spoke to a fairly senior P1 executive --- bottom line: there will NEVER be drivers for ANY SD wifi on the 650.

The explanation is that it would require recertifying the rom for each carrier (and getting their seperate,and unanimous approvals) before any driver could be released that potentially could affect the cellular radio.

He declared decisively: "IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN."

P1 lacks the manpower (and brain power) to allocate the resources for all thats needed to do this.

The sled is all there will be. They are not cooperating with any 3rd party developers (SanDisk, C-Guys) to help them do it either.

The only hint of a future change was the statement: "...management has finally gotten it -- our next Treo will definitely have wifi ..."
    Barye, very interesting information but also very discouraging. The 650 is so close yet so far away from perfect. The addition of WiFi would make it the perfect device IMHO. As I'm in Canada on Rogers without an unlimited data package, WiFi would save me a *lot* of money and time. I suspect a majority of Treo users have WiFi at home and also are near open WiFi services in a lot of places they travel.
    there will be a wifi driver for Treo 650. Not sure when, but there will be...
    don't ask me.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    there will be a wifi driver for Treo 650. Not sure when, but there will be...
    don't ask me.
    Well of course we're going to ask you. After all the crap that has gone around about this topic and the continued high level of interest, to make a comment like that and then say "don't ask me"? You know that's not cool or fair. Come on, spill your guts, tell us what you know...
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I call your bluff ilkeraktuna.
    let's wait and see...
    Quote Originally Posted by tundycentral
    At the risk of being accused of being a troll (again), there's another way to be heard on this issue. All together now hardware = fantastic..... software & support = *&!)%#$

Please say something about it at www.treo650update.com

Thanks!
    I think we can all agree that there is no need to bother accusing you of being a troll anymore as it is too obvious you are one.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    he's right: software & support SUCKS !!!
  10.    #1250  
    let's wait and see...
    If you don't know when, how can you suggest we wait and see? It's like saying that someday two frogs will give birth to a tree. The only way to disprove me is to wait until until the end of time while observing all the frogs in existence.

Keep in mind we were also told that there would be a wifi card for the Treo 600. It's been about a year and a half, and I don't see one.
    he's right: software & support SUCKS !!!
    no..that is his OPINION. and that of some others, as well.

but that is not what I was arguing about.

It is not necessary for him to say it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. And then tell everyone to come to his site and say it again.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Well of course we're going to ask you. After all the crap that has gone around about this topic and the continued high level of interest, to make a comment like that and then say "don't ask me"? You know that's not cool or fair. Come on, spill your guts, tell us what you know...
    well, I tried it with new GSM firmware (1.15)
    works fine and works together with GSM.
    only problem is: when wifi driver is installed, GPRS doen't run.
    for GPRS, I have to warm reset and delete some of the wifi driver files.

NO HARD RESET is REQUIRED !!!

When I need wifi I install drivers; when I finish with wifi all I have to do is warm reset and remove the driver.
    I keep the driver files on SD memory card. So installing and removing is no problem !

If anyone with 1.15 GSM firmware wants to try, I can zip the needed driver files and attach here, tonight.
    But I don't know how to attach. Please tell me how to attach them.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Now that's what I call spilling your guts.

Which Wifi card are you using?

To attach a file click on the "Go Advanced" button and then click on the Manage Attachments button under the Message box. Click the Browse button, go to the directory where the file exists, select it and click OK and then click on the Upload button.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Awesome news! Good job man. Looking forward for implementation details
    I am using PalmOne SD Wifi Card.
    I'll attach the needed driver files tonight (that's 5 hours from now) as you described.
    But if you want you can use the "Wifi 650.prc" from Shadowmite. My files are only needed files extracted from it.

First you must upgrade to 1.15 GSM firmware.
    Please work in congunction with Shadowmite so that we can quickly get an option for Sprint/Verizonized 650s
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    Please work in congunction with Shadowmite so that we can quickly get an option for Sprint/Verizonized 650s
    Actually, I didn't add anything new. I just use the files within Shadowmite's patch and use warm reset for uninstalling the driver.
    as promised, attached are the files I use for wifi on Treo 650 GSM with firmware 1.15.

just extract the files in zip file to a folder on your SD memory card.
    then copy them to ram.
    *** please don't forget to warm reset when installing/uninstalling.

in fact, you don't have to copy files beginning with "mergic" and "VPN" if you won't use VPN. They are for Mergic VPN software, but are included in Wifi driver installation.

BTW, can anyone attach here the Mergic VPN installation file on your Treo 650 software installation CD ?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have a cingular phone with 1.04 firmware. Can I install the 1.15 or is that just for unlocked phones? I'm interested in getting the wifi working!
    Sounds like a macro program of some kind to switch between drivers is in order. One click to install them, another to remove... Which files do you need to remove each time? All of them? There are 26 files (not counting the VPN stuff) in there, kind of hard to remember every time.