Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 125257585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1320
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    BTW, at home I am using Missing Sync now to access the Internet etc. from my Treo over BT, works fine. Need to find a solution now when I am on the road ...
    RTFM
    How' that work are you using a BT access point?

Paul
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I have both, a BT access point AND an application called Missing Sync. Its for Apple Macintosh to share the PCs internet highspeed connection over BT with your Treo
    RTFM
    knoppi, I have Missing Sync as well and it also works great for me to share my internet connection via BT from my PowerBook or my home G3. On the road though, I signed up for Cingular's unlimited data plan for $25/month. That's the best way I found to make sure I could stay connected.
    I don't think Missing Sync and BT are the ma,in issue in this topic. Can you please discuss this in another thread ?
    I get excited everytime I see an update on this thread.
    so please only post wifi related stuff here...
    please...
    I've written to P1 support about WiFi SD card driver for Treo 650.
    Here is my question:

> I know that this SD card is currently supported only on some Zire and
    > Tungsten models.
    > I just want to ask "are there any plans to release SD wifi card drives for
    > Treo 650, thus supporting this smartphone ?"

Their first reply:

> My name is Ryan and I will be helping you with your inquiry. Thank you
    > very much for your inquiry. I understand that you wish to know when will
    > the driver be available for the use of SD Wi-Fi card for Treoâ"¢ 650.
    > Unfortunately the driver is not yet available for download or purchase.

My second question:

> From your reply, I understand that actually there will be a SD WiFi card
    > driver for Treo 650. I mean that's planned and in production.
    > You only don't know when it will be released.
    > If I get you wrong, please correct me.

And the final answer:

> My name is Jayvee and I will be
    > helping you with your inquiry regarding SD Wi-Fi card for Treo™ 650.
    >
    > Nice to here from you again, Ilker. You are right about the production of the SD
    > Wi-Fi card but we are still uncertain about the date of the release of the product.

this seems to be good news , isn't it ?
    Sounds good to me. We'll see...
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    I consider it useless considering the small amount of memory on the Treo.

I sincerly hope they will write the drivers for a card equiped with memory - i.e the Sandisk 256MB...
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Yeah, memory isn't really an issue for me any more since the 1.08 update. I was pretty tight before and now I've got like over 11 Megs free. Of course, I've got my 1GB card for movies, etc. but I don't really need those while I'm surfing WiFi...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragan
    Yeah, memory isn't really an issue for me any more since the 1.08 update. I was pretty tight before and now I've got like over 11 Megs free. Of course, I've got my 1GB card for movies, etc. but I don't really need those while I'm surfing WiFi...
    I totally agree. a Driver for the PalmOne SD Wifi card would be sufficent for me to use wifi
    I don't want to download anything more than 5MB through wifi, and I already have 5MB free ram on my Treo 650.

ps. I also own a 1 GB SD card for mp3 and movies. (and games)
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    I don't want to download anything more than 5MB through wifi, and I already have 5MB free ram on my Treo 650.
    I was considering a bluetooth accesspoint from D-link to allow wireless surfing while at home. Think I'll put this project on hold.

Would the Treo internal RAM really be useful without external storage?
    Does the OS allow you to download files to RAM other than .prc and .pdb?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Would the Treo internal RAM really be useful without external storage?
    Does the OS allow you to download files to RAM other than .prc and .pdb?
    Of course !!!
    you may use Softick's RAM Drive application to create a vfs drive within the RAM. it just allocates memory in size specified by user.

There is also a PalmRAMDisk application from another developer. Both work fine on Treo 650...

anything else ?
    Re the remark below, can someone tell me what is meant by the 1.08 update....? Udate of what...and where it such an update downloadable ? Thanks,

memory isn't really an issue for me any more since the 1.08 update.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    It's posted earlier in this thread. To save you time, just go here
    Quote Originally Posted by Consul
    Re the remark below, can someone tell me what is meant by the 1.08 update....? Udate of what...and where it such an update downloadable ? Thanks,
    Sorry, I just assumed that everyone knew about that. The 1.08 update was put out by Palmone recently and, among other things, addressed some of the NVFS issues. Basically, most people were seeing 2-3 times more memory after the update (with all the same programs, etc.). It was first released for Sprint phones here . I think I also saw a post that the GSM update had been released as well, but I'm not sure... Good Luck!!
    Why not just ask them for WiFi?
    Seriously
    I've already been emailed by what HAS to be P1 engineers.
    Just sign the petition and ask for WiFi... could it be as easy as that? maybe.
    www.treo650update.com

and Thanks!
    I would say Palm are appealing to the Telco carriers who are selling the phones for them. The carriers would not want WiFi support on the 650 as they would want you to have to pay telephony charges every time you check your mail etc. Big difference between a phone and a PDA in terms of having to get the big carriers to support it and market it for you.

Only common sense reason. Good news if someone can hack a solution.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Just a question, do you think the new wifi sled for the 600 will work on the 650?
    Terry
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair
    Just a question, do you think the new wifi sled for the 600 will work on the 650?
    Terry
    No, there's a separate model for the 650.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    oh so they do make one, just wondering why would you want a card, when you could just fork out the $$ for this thing when it has its own battery, does it have any memory contained in the sled?
    Terry