Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11515657585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1320
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    Why do you say no ?
    Did you try it with Cingular ?
    the card does not work with the treo 600 PERIOD
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    the card does not work with the treo 600 PERIOD
    oh, I didn't read carefully (and realize the post mentioned treo 600 but not treo 650)
    Sorry...
    I also wonder, if the wifi driver finds available SSIDs or do we have to know the name of SSID to connect ?
    Is there a Palmos application to search for available wifi networks ?
    any idea ?
    I think it's time to officially change the name of this thread (or perhaps start a new one). I propose:
    "Zodiac Wifi Drivers, will they work on the Treo 650?"
    I truly believe that's our only hope.
    Is the wifi driver capable of finding available SSIDs ?
    do we have to know the name of SSID to connect ?
    If the drivers ever get going for the Treo 650, the palmOne Wi-Fi Card is only $94.04 at

http://www.palmloyal.com/modules.php...sin=B0002XJ9IY

The only issue with a Treo 650 is that everything you use is on the SD card which you would have to remove to insert the Wi-Fi Card.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  7.    #1207  
    Is the wifi driver capable of finding available SSIDs ?
    do we have to know the name of SSID to connect ?
    Because no one else is answering you, I'm going to give it a try, since I've read the whole thread (at one time or another).

It seems (and I haven't tried this to know for sure) that the driver is able to find the SSID to connect. I believe that should answer all three questions.

If you are investing in this, you should read the whole thread. There are "gotchas" that have been pointed out such as the device needing to be hard reset to get the data over cellular working again (this probably isn't reduced to Sprint's Vision, but it would very likely be with all cellular data networks), and people getting stuck in reset loops (though I believe they probably have some weird 3rd party software or firmware update). If you did get it up an running, on Sprint you'd have to change to the proxy of the Blazer (or Web) to get it going. I don't know if the GSM units have that proxy. As ShadowMite stated it was a success in that proved the concept, but it's not a practical wifi solution overall.

It's also simply a great read if nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Because no one else is answering you, I'm going to give it a try...
    Thanks for your reply. I think next Tuesday I'll have both the Treo 650 (GSM) and the wifi card in my hands.
    Then I'll have a chance to see if it works with the GSM.
    Thanks for your reply. I think next Tuesday I'll have both the Treo 650 (GSM) and the wifi card in my hands.
    Then I'll have a chance to see if it works with the GSM.
    I also have an unlocked Treo 650. Looking forward for your report.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I have an unbranded, unlocked GSM 650 for two weeks now. Today I tried to install the latest version of shadowmites WiFi-Drivers ... It does not work.

I get a message "The drivers installed on your device are newer than the one you try to install ..."

Perhaps Shadowmite would change the creation date of his files to today and compile a new version?

Just to make sure ...

Shadowmite?

Oliver
    RTFM
    Quote Originally Posted by knoppi
    I have an unbranded, unlocked GSM 650 for two weeks now. Today I tried to install the latest version of shadowmites WiFi-Drivers ... It does not work.

I get a message "The drivers installed on your device are newer than the one you try to install ..."

Perhaps Shadowmite would change the creation date of his files to today and compile a new version?
    Oliver
    that's bad new.
    Maybe we should ask that to shadowmite somehow...
    Did you try to email him ?
    Or post a thread in his forum ?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Funny thing, I turned off GSM and tried another installation, the installation was successfully - until the Treo reboots after installation. I had a soft reset loop ... hard reset helped, but I had to restore my treo over BT

At this point I will wait for PalmOne drivers ... which hopefully will be released ...

Oliver
    RTFM
    Treo reboots after installation. I had a soft reset loop ... hard reset helped, but I had to restore my treo over BT
    Did you try it with the latest version of pathced driver from:
    http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11

???

At this point I will wait for PalmOne drivers ... which hopefully will be released ...
    Don't wait for official drivers, because they'll never release it...

Just make sure you use the latest pacthed driver from the above thread.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Any proof for this? Is there an official statement from P1?
    Last edited by knoppi; 03/20/2005 at 03:35 AM.
    RTFM
    Any proof for this? Is there an official statement from P1?
    I'm not sure but if they'd release it, they should have done till now. it's been nearly 4 months they released Treo 650.

Did you try with the latest version patched driver ?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Did you try with the latest version patched driver ?
    I tried it with the files dated on 18th of December, is this the latest release? I found no other file ...
    RTFM
    just try the one in following thread:
    http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11

This is posted on Jan 06 2005.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Same prob, does not work, reset loop after restarting

Additional I tried the unreleased SnaDisk drivers I found somewhere, these drivers doesn't recognize the P1 WiFi card ...

Tomorrow I will try to get this SanDisk WiFi card which works with the Zire 71, or is someone here who already tested this?
    RTFM
    My Treo 650 and PalmOne Wifi card has arrived. Unfortunately the results are the same as knoppi's.
    too bad

Please Shadowmite, HELP ...
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Today I got this Sandisk WiFi connect card which works with the Zire 71. Albeit installation went through, I cannot access the WiFi card. By tapping on SCAN in the WiFi utility, the card still does not react ... Tried several things for 4 hours or so, no luck. Will ship it back tomorrow.
    RTFM