Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10505556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1320
  1. Treo Dude's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #1181  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    thanks for the simple answers
    THANKS to shadowmite ALSO

    Then I'll also purchase an SD Wifi card together with my Treo 650.
    Where can I find one of those ?

    Thanks...
    So you're going to buy a $120 card in the hopes that Shadowmite will get it working? I'm not saying he can't (he's obviously a genius programmer) - I bought one when it looked eminent - but now the project is on hold at best.
  2. #1182  
    I installed the prc as per the instructions. It put me into an endless series of

    resets. I got that stopped and did a hard reset then installed again. That took care of the endless resets, now it just reset on its own every so often.

    I am having problems connecting to the wireless network at work. (something I can do with other wireless devices) It shows I make a connection, but no signal strength.



    I posted this on the uneasy silence website. Well see that they say. The resets are beginning to bother me. Its approx. every minute or so.
  3. #1183  
    I was having dozens of resets ( & getting very upset). Reinstalled Versamail & things are much better (cut resets by 2/3 albeit not 100%). FYI

    I followed P-1 instructions. Simno
  4. #1184  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Dude
    So you're going to buy a $120 card in the hopes that Shadowmite will get it working? I'm not saying he can't (he's obviously a genius programmer) - I bought one when it looked eminent - but now the project is on hold at best.
    Isn't it already working ?
    I thought the patch (by shadowmite) was able to run wifi on Treo 650 ?????
  5. Treo Dude's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #1185  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    Isn't it already working ?
    I thought the patch (by shadowmite) was able to run wifi on Treo 650 ?????

    Maybe I'm mis-reading this...
  6. #1186  
    Ok. Then I paid 98$ for nothing.
    that's very bad.

    But here it says that there is a semi-working driver. What does "semi-working" mean ?
  7. #1187  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    Ok. Then I paid 98$ for nothing.
    that's very bad.

    But here it says that there is a semi-working driver. What does "semi-working" mean ?
    it means the drivers work, but still needs some fine tuning. also, the drivers will not work with any wi-fi card other than the palmone wi-fi card. combo cards, such as the one from sandisk are a no go.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  8. #1188  
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    it means the drivers work, but still needs some fine tuning. also, the drivers will not work with any wi-fi card other than the palmone wi-fi card. combo cards, such as the one from sandisk are a no go.
    Then, that means I will be able to use my new ordered wifi card with my Treo 650 ?
  9. #1189  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    Then, that means I will be able to use my new ordered wifi card with my Treo 650 ?
    If this is the wi-fi card you purchased, then yes, you will be able to make use of these beta wi-fi drivers.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  10. #1190  
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    If this is the wi-fi card you purchased, then yes, you will be able to make use of these beta wi-fi drivers.
    Are you sure about that ? Because, what you say contradicts with what "Treo Dude" says...
    Anyway, I'll have my card in about 1 or 2 weeks and will have the chance to try but I just wonder...
  11. #1191  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    Are you sure about that ? Because, what you say contradicts with what "Treo Dude" says...
    Anyway, I'll have my card in about 1 or 2 weeks and will have the chance to try but I just wonder...
    The drivers definitely work. Shadowmite is just no longer making the wi-fi project a priority, is all.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  12. Treo Dude's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #1192  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    Are you sure about that ? Because, what you say contradicts with what "Treo Dude" says...
    Anyway, I'll have my card in about 1 or 2 weeks and will have the chance to try but I just wonder...
    I'm just going by what I read (which obviously isn't the whole story.)

    I'm not sure what "partially working" means...
  13. #1193  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Dude
    I'm not sure what "partially working" means...
    IIRC, after using Wi-Fi on the 650, it needs to be hard reset to restore Vision capability, among other things. IMHO, this makes it impractical for everyday use.
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  14. #1194  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    IIRC, after using Wi-Fi on the 650, it needs to be hard reset to restore Vision capability, among other things. IMHO, this makes it impractical for everyday use.
    What is "Vision capability" ?
    is there any other problems with the hacked driver ?
  15. #1195  
    How about if you don't use Vision (i.e. you have a Verizonized 650 and you just used regular data speed) then can I always keep it in Wifi mode and use regular data and phone calls with no need to hard reset?
    ~'kito
  16. #1196  
    So in apparently a badly needed summary for all the people who didn't get a chance to read all gazillion pages: Vision is what Sprint calls its data plan. The posted wifi drivers enable wifi on your Treo 650 with the Palmone Wifi card only (No Sandisk) but will block you from using Sprint Vision unless you do hard reset. So yes if you don't use Vision or you don't mind doing hardresets then the wifi drivers should work for you. Assuming you download the latest version that is posted a few messages up and not one of the earlier versions which you got from just reading a few pages into the thread which did cause continous reset loops before they were fixed.

    The wifi drivers were developed in the context of the Sprint Treo 650. This was before the GSM release and I'm not aware of any Verizoned Treo 650 users sharing their experience with the drivers. So I was wondering myself how the drivers function for people with Verizon or ones using the GSM version. As far as I'm aware those 2 scenarios were not tested.
    Last edited by ultip; 03/08/2005 at 08:44 PM.
  17. #1197  
    2 questions--

    1) This is the card to buy? http://store.palmone.com/product/ind...170719.1958343 Right?

    2) Will it work for the Treo 600 Cingular version?

    p@ul
  18. #1198  
    Quote Originally Posted by p@ul
    2 questions--

    1) This is the card to buy? http://store.palmone.com/product/ind...170719.1958343 Right?

    2) Will it work for the Treo 600 Cingular version?

    p@ul
    1. Yes

    2. No
  19. #1199  
    Quote Originally Posted by p@ul
    1) This is the card to buy? http://store.palmone.com/product/in...1170719.1958343 Right?
    2) Will it work for the Treo 600 Cingular version?
    Quote Originally Posted by jnrjr79
    1. Yes
    2. No
    Why do you say no ?
    Did you try it with Cingular ?
  20. #1200  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultip
    The wifi drivers were developed in the context of the Sprint Treo 650. This was before the GSM release and I'm not aware of any Verizoned Treo 650 users sharing their experience with the drivers. So I was wondering myself how the drivers function for people with Verizon or ones using the GSM version. As far as I'm aware those 2 scenarios were not tested.
    I have ordered an unlocked GSM Treo 650 and will receive it soon. I also ordered the Wifi card from PalmOne.
    That's why, we'll have a chance to test the drivers on unlocked GSM Treo 650 soon. (has anyone already tested this ?)
    I hope it works...


    I also wonder, if the wifi driver finds available SSIDs or do we have to know the name of SSID to connect ?
    Is there a Palmos application to search for available wifi networks ?

Posting Permissions