Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7475253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1320
    Does Anyone Have Any More Information On This Wifi Sled From Informa For The Treo 600. Has Anyone Used It , And How Has It Performed????
    Regarding the WiFi driver, I'd suggest not using it. It's caused a number of issues with the 650's we've installed it on and that customers have installed it on. The primary result was a continuous looping reset. We had to reset the units back to factory to stop it.

FYI.....I have yet to see it work properly on the 10 or so units we've installed it on.
    Shadowmite, if you need any files from any current palm models or if you would like me to test software on any of the current palms, please let me know. I have access to all the current palms and palm accessories.

Also one suggestion in your search to make the 650 wifi work seemlessly; try adding the network manager for the t5 to the 650. The thought behind this being that the t5's network application allows for the setup of multiple network connections.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Take a look at this article regarding a possible official PalmOne WiFi driver for Sandisk cards according to the writer, some one supplied it to him. I dont have a WiFi card but I
    saved the file just in case. Can someone test it please? You can download the file at the end of the article. http://tamspalm.blogspot.com/2005/02...er-for-te.html
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    Take a look at this article regarding a possible official PalmOne WiFi driver for Sandisk cards according to the writer, some one supplied it to him. I dont have a WiFi card but I
    saved the file just in case. Can someone test it please? You can download the file at the end of the article.
    Migs,

I posted about this yesterday over in the Treo 600 forum. So far no testers, myself included. Call me a wuss, but I just got my 600 a month ago and I'll be the first to admit that I don't want to risk it. There, I said it :

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    saved the file just in case. Can someone test it please? You can download the file at the end of the article. http://tamspalm.blogspot.com/2005/02...er-for-te.html
    Isn't the the file Shadowmite based his Treo650 WiFi mods on?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Will the wifi drivers work on the Verizoned Treo 650????
    say it isn't so, but it looks like this attempt to enable wifi on the 650 will end in disappointment. shadowmite has just put the Palm SDIO WiFi up for sale:

"I'd like to sell of this Palm Wi-Fi card I've ended up with. It can be used to play with the experimental drivers for the 650, or properly used with the real drivers on the Tungsten T5, T3, or Zire 71.

If anyone wants it, make me a offer..."

9.    #1129  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvStinky
    say it isn't so, but it looks like this attempt to enable wifi on the 650 will end in disappointment. shadowmite has just put the Palm SDIO WiFi up for sale:

"I'd like to sell of this Palm Wi-Fi card I've ended up with. It can be used to play with the experimental drivers for the 650, or properly used with the real drivers on the Tungsten T5, T3, or Zire 71.

If anyone wants it, make me a offer..."

While it is disappointing, I wouldn't say it's ended in disappointment. Take a step back and look what was accomplished here.

I like to think (and maybe Shadow will comment more on this) that the work done in this thread helped him dig so deep into the Treo that he's been able to understand the other things that he's been working on.

I also think this proved that wifi is possible on the Treo 650. It sent a message to Palm that there is enough a demand that it became one of the most viewed and commented topics in TreoCentral history. It got coverage in Gizmodo, Slashdot, among other places.
    Yep. this project has come to a almost complete halt. (I'm not selling my Wifi Card, just a spare I ended up with). This project was able to accomplish one major thing, a "proof of concept" which has shown the Wifi card DOES work on the 650 and that the power issue is in fact, NOT an issue. The remaining problems are due to the fact that I am in no means a Driver Developer and I can't write the needed driver, I only modified the existing drivers I found to get them to run.

If we had the palm driver source code, or development support this might be possible to continue.

I don't look at it as a failure, but rather a sucess in the light of showing it can be done and demonstrating the amount of demand.
    Someone PLEASE get that man the palm driver source code!!!!
    ~'kito
    It is unbelievable. So many PPC do have integrated WiFi and BT. Why can P1 not write a driver and release it? Shadowmite prooved it works!

I cannot believe, that P1 is not able to write the driver! If you cannot do it, give shadowmite the sourcecode and as many Treos as he can carry and then he will write it :-)

Hoping for the driver.....
    Business Case for the Treo 650?
    - Cam-Phone, PDA, MP3 player, GPS navigation, Remote Control for my Home Entertainment (TVedia), VoIP-Phone, USB Stick
  13.    #1133  
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo
    It is unbelievable. So many PPC do have integrated WiFi and BT. Why can P1 not write a driver and release it? Shadowmite prooved it works!

I cannot believe, that P1 is not able to write the driver! If you cannot do it, give shadowmite the sourcecode and as many Treos as he can carry and then he will write it :-)

Hoping for the driver.....
    I don't think it's ever been an issue that P1 can't write the driver. In fact, what Shadowmite used was written by P1 (or PalmSource, not sure what the agreement is there with respect those drivers). I think the issue is either one of priority (it's probably considered low at P1) or making it work so that it doesn't interfere with the cellular network libraries.
    I'm sure it's also related to the carrier's concerns about us using WiFi vs their data network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    Someone PLEASE get that man the palm driver source code!!!!

Yeah all you lurking P1 employees. You KNOW you really wanna buck the system and see this succeed...go on...step over to the dark side...u know you're a rebel to your soul...
    Umm, ok, here's an addition to this project, and this is WEIRD! I finally have been searching threw the complete dump I took from the GSM 650, and I found lo and behold, the complete WiFi driver set built in!

At this point I can't even begin to speculate what this means or why it's there. More to come...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Umm, ok, here's an addition to this project, and this is WEIRD! I finally have been searching threw the complete dump I took from the GSM 650, and I found lo and behold, the complete WiFi driver set built in!

At this point I can't even begin to speculate what this means or why it's there. More to come...
    hmmmm....
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite

I'll speculate.

they did say they planned to come out with a patch that would allow wifi, has anyone stuck a wifi card in that model you got the dump from?

There could be a difference between an unlocked treo 650 and a carrier locked 650 (i.e. the ones that palm sells on its own might be more likely to have wifi support)
    I have a GSM unlocked treo coming....

maybe I will buy the card and find out...

That would be extremely cool.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    oohh the excitement continues on.
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill