Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1320
    Anyone using one of these Sprint phones on Verizon?
    Anyone wanting details of the rom updates, please read at my site, www.shadowmite.com. If you still have questions regarding the rom issues, please post in the treo hacking thread, this one is for the wifi effort. Hopefully we can soon get more done over here, but the rom updates have slowed the wifi progress. Honestly we have so many projects to work on for the 650 now I don't know where to begin!
    Cool disclaimer:

"Palm employees or contractors, some of the material I have posted here is your copyright. I have this on my page to help your business and customers to enjoy your products. If for some reason you want this material removed, just ask via the email link below. I hope you will allow me to continue, but by no means do I want to upset you. Thank you."

Keep up Palm products surviving Shadowmite.
    Discalimer looks like trouble and admitting infringement. I would remove it ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    You CAN'T bump a sticky, silly!
    Oh I meant ditto, or whatever one would use to ask the same question.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalm
    Discalimer looks like trouble and admitting infringement. I would remove it ASAP.
    PalmOne knows about it and if PalmOne wants it gone, they will want it gone regardless of whether there is a disclaimer or not. So I suppose it doesn't matter one way or the other.
    That is only there to let them nicely know all they have to do is ask... And based on the stats for the site, they have seen it.
    Infringement rediculous. Even if he sold the patches. And besides, what are they going to collect? $1000 in donations? I agree with Shadowmite in that he is actually gong to increase their sales and benefit them in the long run, especially if Palmone comes to their senses and gives us the customer what we want. It will only make the phone more useful. Although Sprint might not like us using the phone in a tmobile hotspot. The answer to that is give us more vision bandwidth. However, most people won't care.
    Let's not go off the deep end here.
    As Shadowmite noted, PalmOne has seen this. How important is this to them, given their other development priorities? If they are working on the 700 with built-in WiFi, would they care? Wouldn't you want a Treo with WiFi without a card sticking out?

I wouldn't expect anything at all from Palm. If folks here succeed in making this work reasonably elegantly, that would be terrific. I don't think Palm would respond one way or another - particularly since they stand to sell more branded SD WiFi cards.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    I wouldn't expect anything at all from Palm.
    Agreed. IMHO if they really wanted to produce such a driver (for the 600 at least), they'd have released it long ago. As for the 650, they've probably agreed with Sprint not to release a WiFi driver before 6 months or something like that, but since Ed publicly commited PalmOne to release this driver, it should be only a matter of patience. The alternative here is that they simply didn't put enough (human/financial) resource on the task, and this would be just another confirmation of the poor judgement of those who take the decisions at PalmOne! Ignoring the so-called power users for such a long time as PalmOne did is going to hurt them in the long term...

Anyway, back to the WiFi drivers: did anyone here find the time to list the libraries before/after installing the WiFi driver?

Merry Christmas to you all!
    x-MAS....Merry Chirstmas

LOL...I managed to get SanDisk WiFi on my Tungsten , yahoo..stupid Treo 600 , but hey , I just bought a case for it ,no way I am gonna get the Treo 650...
    When you download the wifi driver from the link, it is called the 650-600 driver, so does that mean that the 600 is supported?

STORYVILLE
    Quote Originally Posted by storyville
    When you download the wifi driver from the link, it is called the 650-600 driver, so does that mean that the 600 is supported?

STORYVILLE
    I enabled it to install on the 600, but it does not power the sd card. Thus, no, at the moment it doesn't even remotely work on the 600.
    Could someone please direct me to the best procedure in this thread for installing the wifi patch found on Shadowmite's webpage and enabling a palmone wifi card on the T650? I just got my sd wifi card and I'm dying to try it. I do not mind going through the hard reset and have done this several time in downloading some of Shadowmite's custom ROMs. After enabling the wifi card are there are any other problems typically encountered when taking the T650 back to vision?
    shadowmite , mind of creating a driver for Tungsten|E with SanDisk WiFi card too , if thats possible , because the card works ,and the light powers up , it is able to scan for networks , but its unable to get it connected

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Hey euroclie, I'm finding this driver is really crazy now after the rom updates we recently got. I'm trying to determine why it's going nuts now, but everytime I try now it goes into a reset loop...
    So if we use the custom ROM updates we cant use WIFI Shadowmite can you help us?

Thanks,

Mark
    The Helen Keller of Treo Central
    Shadow: Have you given up or just taking a break? I hope you still have a few tricks up your sleeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorchange
    Shadow: Have you given up or just taking a break? I hope you still have a few tricks up your sleeve.
    I'm sorry guys, I'm away for the holidays... When I get home I'll get back on making this work... (Hopefully!)
    Shadow Nice Work Your A Genius Keep Going
    New Year - New Ideas
    Congratulations To People That Support This Proyect
    We Love You Guys Keep Going