Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1320
    Wow...go to a conference for a week and miss ALL the excitement! Just sent a small token of my appreciation and total awe via paypal!

To get SprintPCS Vision to work again after intalling the WiFi files...you have to hard reset, correct?

Does hard resetting wipe EVERYTHING, preference settings, non-ROM programs, etc etc...?
    Is there an easy way to restore it all?
    I guess my basic confusion is what is a the difference between a hard and soft reset?

Also with the flash memory back-up, with a hard reset, do you have to re-sync to get everything back?
    Is there a way to backup everything to a SD card so you don't have to re-sync to restore?

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Hard reset kills all non-ROM stuff I believe, including all data.
    Shadow, you don't have mail, you've got cash! My contribution is in. Come one everybody, let's pony up and keep the wizard at this. Shadow, I think you might want to share a little with Eurocile and any others who have helped significantly.
    Hi all, here's the v1.0 release of my library management tools.

What's new:

1) the "lib" command now support some command line parameters to restric the output length: you can restrict the search by giving a creatorID or a range, otherwise lib will show only the loaded libraries.

2) there's now a libload and libunload command, which both require a creatorID as parameter.

Here's a quick & dirty manual:

lib: either type "lib", "lib zzzz" or "lib xx/yy", and you get the following result:

1) "lib" lists the loaded databases only, but give you the total number of databases installed

2) "lib zzzz" lists only a library with the zzzz creatorID

3) "lib xx/yy" list all the libaries, including the non loaded one, but will display only entries xx to yy. So "lib 01/99" should display all libraries (assuming there's not more than 99 of them), while "lib 01/10" will only display the first 10 entries, "lib 11/20" the 10 following entries, etc.

libload and libunload require exactly one parameter, the CreatorID of the
    target library: "libload camL" will load the CameraLib 650 library, for
    instance, and of course "libunload camL" will unload that library.

One BIG caveat, though: at the moment, the load/unload stuff works fine on the 650 simulator, but not on my Treo 600. I mean, if I load a library (say, "libload HsCa" for the Treo 600 Camera library), and then type "lib HsCa" to get its status, it is reported as not loaded.

On the Treo 650 simulator, this does work as expected, though. And trying to unload a library which wasn't loaded by my application seems to work on the simulator, but not on my Treo 600... :-(

Please 650 owners, let me know if these tools work for you or not.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    euroclie, how about including source code so others can take a stab at it as well w/o reinventing the wheel.
    Euroclie, awesome work, I'll try it a little later today. I'm going to be working on getting ready to leave for the holidays, but I'll have some time to mess with it.

I want to thank you for jumping on this and getting this far. Awesome job man!
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoad
    euroclie, how about including source code so others can take a stab at it as well w/o reinventing the wheel.
    I thought it would only add to the confusion and complexity to release the sources in the same package, but those programs are really very basic (a few lines of code), and anyone interested can PM me, I'll send you the source.

I've already sent it to shadowmite for comments/hints/corrections anyway. If there's really an overload of requests, I'll post a direct URL to the source, (sorry, I don't have a CVS server, nor do I think this really necessary for such a simple program), but honestly I don't think there'll be that many people interested!

Hopefully, once we have the data we need, then we might be able to write a simple tool to perform the required "black magic" under the hood, so that the end user only has to tap on a button at most, instead of playing with the command line!

What i fear right now is that it will probably not work as expected on the real device (i.e. the libraries loaded by the system probably can't be that easily unloaded, or manually loaded). But if that's the case, maybe we can manage to fool the system by, for instance, manually unloading a library, alter its CreatorID while it's artificially unloaded, and then when the program will exit the (altered) library might stay unloaded until we restore the original CreatorID. That's my idea of the stuff, anyway... But with your help, guys, we might discover that such a process is not even needed, who knows. I don't have a 650 to perform the tests myself, so the choice is yours now!

Who will be the first to post a complete list of the loaded (and optionally unloaded) libraries on a "virgin" Treo 650 (after a hard reset and no internet connection), during a CDMA internet connection, after installing the WiFi drivers and during a WiFi connection?

Shadowmite already set the first stone by sending me this initial report (which I expect to be without the WiFi drivers installed, and probably while the Treo 650 isn't connected via CDMA):

Normal:

Database Name,CreatorID,Version,Status
    FavoritsDBLibrary,HsFD,1,loaded
    Bluetooth Library,blth,5,loaded
    BtHsmLib,bths,1,loaded
    Shortcuts Library,graf,540,loaded
    Who's next to volunteer?
    What is the current status of the funds & how much more is required?.
    Hey euroclie, I'm finding this driver is really crazy now after the rom updates we recently got. I'm trying to determine why it's going nuts now, but everytime I try now it goes into a reset loop...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Hey euroclie, I'm finding this driver is really crazy now after the rom updates we recently got. I'm trying to determine why it's going nuts now, but everytime I try now it goes into a reset loop...
    Which update did you apply, the PalmOne unmodified one, or one of your 'custom' variants? Not that it should matter if you only removed & added a few selected apps, but who knows...

You could use FileZ to list all the files in the ROM and try to find out which were updated during the ROM update, so that we can investigate why/how this affects the WiFi driver.
    Wow i got to the end of the thread. Brilliant read and fantastic co-operation. I just wish Palm would wake up and do this properly. Let's face it we had seen the BT disabled - fix with a hack, the sound problem - fixed with an unofficial update and now WiFi almost fixed with a hack.

Why on earth can't Palm actually get this right first time. Palm is nowhere in Europe- here Blackberry is sitting in the ground that Palm should occupy and it's all Palms fault.

Well done chaps, shame on Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by euroclie
    updated during the ROM update,.
    Did I miss something here? Was there a ROM update? If/So where do I get it.

Thanks!
    -Vincent
    Roms...

shadowmite.com
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Shadow, I noticed the Minimal ROM file on your web site. Do we gain any "usable" memory by flashing this ROM?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Shadow, may I please request the Minimal ROM with Voice Memo and Notepad, please!!!!!

Many Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Did I miss something here? Was there a ROM update? If/So where do I get it.

Thanks!
    -Vincent
    Bump...
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Bump...
    You CAN'T bump a sticky, silly!
    PLease somebody can explain me how I do to install this ROM update?
    "Rom update with DUN, no real, versamail, downloads, quick tour, get bc... Minimal rom file" from Shadowmite website? Thanx in advance.
    The instructions are on his site. Click on the link just above the list of ROMS. If you are unsure of what you are doing, DON'T DO IT!!!!
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Quote Originally Posted by docmarioce
    PLease somebody can explain me how I do to install this ROM update?
    "Rom update with DUN, no real, versamail, downloads, quick tour, get bc... Minimal rom file" from Shadowmite website? Thanx in advance.
    I hope you are more tech-savvy than than the average Treo600/650 user. This is not for the faint of heart but good luck! Hope you don't need it. On second thought, LUCK will not even bail you out of this mess when it happens (although Shadow & Euroclie might)
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????