Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1320
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Edeab,

Man I thought we went way back? Why you gotta put me on public blast and laugh about my experiments? Just Kidding -

I bought Web Pro b/c I thought it would be compatible with WIFI web surfing since the web browser with the T650 I can't get to work with Pres. Shadomite's Wifi. Also the web pro is compatible with the Tungsten T5 and wifi, so I extrapolated...I think Web Pro does work with wifi surfing, but I am pretty light in: The wallet, thinking, and reasoning, so I need smart people like all of you intelligent T/C Members to help a stupid forum member like myself out.

Any thoughts for us less gifted T650 members?

Mark
    PS You can still laugh, since you really helped out a lot. But no other T/C members
    but Euroclie/Edeab/Bmacfarland/ & Pres. Shadowmite are allowed to laugh at me!

J/K
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    edeab, webpro is still reportedly better for downloading stuff on the 650 though! There's a thread below that apparently discusses the fact that there might actually be a 2 MB download limit coded into Blazer 4.0! That would seriously suck imo!

(** HINT ** Yet another thing for Shadowmite to hack!! )

However, it appears the patched ver of Webpro 3.01a works fine on the 650 while webproV does not. Webpro is still a very good browser imo and excellent for download files...
    Thanks Gfunk Magic for having my back brother!

Do I have to buy Web Pro 3.01a now too?

Mark
    Mark, I'm going nuts trying to keep up with all the various projects now! Let's see... I don't know anything about webpro, but blazer should be able to work with wifi itself once we remove the proxy settings... That requires a MSL code, and I'm working on a "patch" (yes another!) that will allow us to bypass the msl... Then you simply could use blazer!

To stream with shoutcast once this driver is loaded, I goto the prefs wifi menu and connect to the access point, then right away go into ptunes and start a connection to a shoutcast server... If you delay to long it sometimes times out. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to help everyone enable blazer for this, but no promises... You all get me so distracted!
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    President Shadowmite, Thanks for the update! If your Bill Clinton I am your Hillary, if your Bush, I am your Karl Rove, if your Ralph Nader, I am your Sierra Club!

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1107
    President Shadowmite, Thanks for the update! If your Bill Clinton I am your Hillary, if your Bush, I am your Karl Rove, if your Ralph Nader, I am your Sierra Club!

Mark
    Dude, I'm not even shadowmite and you're scaring me...
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Well... First off, the wifi driver appears to not work properly again after flashing the new rom. Second, you CAN turn off the proxy without a MSL code... Third, I'm tired...
    Ok, I don't know why my phone is acting up, maybe it's the 200 hard resets!? Anyway, I found you can not change the proxies from ##data, that requires a MSL code. But there is a back door. You can goto prefs->network->details->menu->modify->ok->000000 and the phone will accidently let you in to change the settings! WRITE THEM DOWN FIRST IF YOU CHANGE THEM... No promises this makes blazer work, but it should.
    have a break shadow - I guess the previously sleeping dogs are wide awake now after your work and we'll soon see a working wi-fi solution. get space for other stuff you wanna do, you were a true inspiration for so many. but I guess your work is now in other hands. tks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    edeab, webpro is still reportedly better for downloading stuff on the 650 though! There's a thread below that apparently discusses the fact that there might actually be a 2 MB download limit coded into Blazer 4.0! That would seriously suck imo!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63276

(** HINT ** Yet another thing for Shadowmite to hack!! )

However, it appears the patched ver of Webpro 3.01a works fine on the 650 while webproV does not. Webpro is still a very good browser imo and excellent for download files...
    ohhhh! haha...looks like I gotta learn to read these threads . Isn't 3.0.1a the version that comes with my T|T3? hehe, I forget

Sorry for going off topic, but would anything here help?

http://downloads.palmone.com/profiles/Blazer400.rdf
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    mark1107, what kind of accident did you have that resulted in someone prescribing what appears to be some VERY strong painkillers. I have throughly enjoyed reading your post and I promise that I'm not laughing at you (well maybe a little (OK I'm laughing a lot)).
    AvantGo has a proxy-free, accessible web browser built in.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I don't have my unlock code so I cant modify my settings. Is there any ## codes that I can pull it up with?

Also Can someone email me web pro 3.01a as a prc file ? [email]Thanks,

Mark

PS No more painkillers today I promise. Shadowmite - Your back to Teo Hacker Extraordinaire!

Thanks for the files!
    Last edited by mark1107; 12/18/2004 at 07:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Well, I followed the instructions for the install - all seemed to go fine, but now the phone is constantly resetting.

Assume I have to do a hard reset.

Only thing that wasn't in the instructions I followed (read later) was to do a soft reset before the install.

Was that my problem?

Thanks.
    I have hard reset my phone, reloaded the drivers from my sd card, and the phone continues to soft reset every 3 minutes or so. Had to hard reset and leave the drivers out.

I'm still sending you the cash I promised Shadow! I did see the network but it just keeps reseting.
    Hey guys that are getting a reset after the install... Do you have a patched rom? I've noticed after that patch it seems different again. I'm sorry it's still not working quite right. We'll get it, might just take some time!
    I haven't done anything to the ROM. I will check what version it is. I have confidence in you Shadow ... I love your work! It's so damn cool to see you (with help from eurocile and others) getting this thing working right!
    hmm since the 650 has the universal connector and we obviously need the sd slot for memory.....

http://www.kairer.com/view_story.asp?ID=6611
    Hi everyone,

I've been working to try improving the stability of the WiFi driver on the 650. For this, I think we must first try to understand exactly how things work, especially concerning the shared libraries involved. This is where you can help: if you've got some spare time, a Treo 650, a PalmOne WiFi card, and you're not afraid of putting your hands in the dirt, please read on. Be advised, though, that for the moment, this is not (yet) going to make the driver any more stable or usable, it's just some data I need to better understand how it works, and what the next step is going to be. So basically, if you just want to enjoy a better WiFi driver, please be patient and don't bother playing with my little program!

I've written a simple program that will list every shared library installed on your device (provided its "type" is 'libr', which is the standard type for the shared libraries). My application will list them by providing for each library found the following informations:
    1) Database Name,
    2) CreatorID,
    3) Card (not sure if needed or relevant, but included just in case),
    4) Version (in case the WiFi installer does update an existing library)
    5) Status (loaded only, for the time being).

I've tested my program on my Treo 600, and on the Sprint 650 simulator, but I cannot give any warranty about it not crashing your Treo, etc...

The instruction manual isn't very long, but it's easier if you know what a command line is (remember the time when your PC was running DOS? Or better, are you a Linux kind of geek? ).

1) Install the Cmd-lib.prc file on your Treo 650,
    2) Open the Preference application, go to the "Network" panel, and to the "Options" -> "View Log" menu. Once in the log window, scrollto the bottom of the display and tap on the last line if the cursor is not already visible. Then type "lib" (without the quotes) then press the "return" key to launch my program.
    3) The informations will be displayed on the screen. You can then scroll slowly the display using the scroll bar on the right to read the informations if they fit in more than one screen in height.
    4) Even better, use the "Edit" -> "Select All" menu to select the whole output. It'll might be too big for the builtin clipboard, though, so you may need something like Clip Pro to be able to copy it entirely and paste it into a new memo. (Edit: I've modified my program so that it only lists loaded libraries, so the output should be short enough to be easily copied)
    5) Hotsync your Treo, get the memo's content and paste it into a blank .txt (or .csv) file. Now you've got a coma-separated file with the data. You can open it in Excel or your favorite spreadsheet program, or simply mail/PM it to me.

In order to understand how things work, I'd need to get the output generated by my program in the following situations:

1) After a hard reset
    2) After connecting to the net using the CDMA wireless modem
    3) After installing the Wifi driver
    4) After connecting using the Wifi driver

That way, we may be able to find out what's happening, and why the does the WiFi driver completely and irreversibly take over the internet connection.

The next step is to write a library load and unload program, this shouldn't be very difficult, but I need to know first what's needed, hence the initial step using my "lib" program.

You can grab my "lib" program here: http://euroclie.free.fr/mtdn/Cmd-lib.prc. Current version is 0.3.

PM me if you have outputs to send to me, in order to avoid posting big reports directly in this thread, or email them to euroclie - at - free - dot - fr with a "Treo 650 lib report" subject, don't forget to include details about which situation you're Treo was in when you ran the program.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by euroclie; 12/19/2004 at 05:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colorchange
    I have hard reset my phone, reloaded the drivers from my sd card, and the phone continues to soft reset every 3 minutes or so. Had to hard reset and leave the drivers out.

I'm still sending you the cash I promised Shadow! I did see the network but it just keeps reseting.

I appreciate you contributing to this thread , but if you would have read my posts you would realize that our T650's only allow them to stay on for 3 minutes before the screen powers off, and when the screen powers off with
    Shadowmite's wifi, the T650 resets . It's one of the bugs. Try a program for the T600 called Always on. It works with the T650, but after any soft reset, you need to change your always on settings. When I am experimenting with the wifi drivers, I set it for one hour, and it does not reset.

Mark
    Wow...go to a conference for a week and miss ALL the excitement!

To get SprintPCS Vision to work again after intalling the WiFi files...you have to hard reset, correct?

Does hard resetting wipe EVERYTHING, preference settings, non-ROM programs, etc etc...?

Is there an easy way to restore it all?

I guess my basic confusion is what is a the difference between a hard and soft reset?

Also with the flash memory back-up, with a hard reset, do you have to re-sync to get everything back?