Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1320
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Umm, it didn't really need to be "hacked" as much as unlocked. All the files were basically there, but Sprint had it locked. PalmOne has said it's up the carriers. In other words, P1 provided the functionality, but Sprint took it away. Shadow just brought it back.

And while we're at it, I'd like to upgrade Shadow's title to "Palm Hacker Extraordinare". I have pretty good faith that his expertise extends beyond the Treo and could apply to other PalmOS devices (if he desired and had the hardware).

Whether it's "hacked" or "unlocked" or "modified", let's not minimalize the facts; Shadowmite made it work, which is the point. Whether it's P1 or Sprint who is limiting the potential of the Treo 650 is almost irrelevant. The end result is the same, the end users and the Treo enthusiasts are the ones getting the shaft. And I believe the people buying the Treos have the ability to influence change.
    And while we're at it, I'd like to upgrade Shadow's title to "Palm Hacker Extraordinare". I have pretty good faith that his expertise extends beyond the Treo and could apply to other PalmOS devices (if he desired and had the hardware).
    I would nominate Shadow's title to be "Palm Developer Extraordinare".

Perhaps its semantics, but I wouldn't call his efforts on DUN and WiFi "hacking".

The question remains - if a team of people like these could unlock DUN (something Sprint has promised to do in a future release) and provide WiFi - where are Sprint and P1? Couldn't these have been done prior to releasing the 650? (Not to mention the 600?)

I'm curious as to what P1 will say / do now.
    still no job offers yet shadow?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    still no job offers yet shadow?
    Nope, they are still typing up the Non Disclosure Agreement I'm sure!
    Shadow and everyone that has helped make this a reality, I applaud you all.
    Congratulations on what you all have accomplished.

Although I dont have a 650 (fingers just itching to put it on my VISA) if it happens for the 600,
    I will do flipflops naked in the middle of my street.
    Even if the police dont understand why.

CONGRATULATIONS!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    I will do flipflops naked in the middle of my street.
    First, heather_blond, now scandelex... does WiFi affect ALL women this way!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragan
    Remember when this thread was about Wifi on the Treo 650?
    Hear hear...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle

LOL! Mark, its the excitement generated by what these guys have accomplished that has me jumping for joy. I didnt start off following this thread from the beginning, yet once I sat down and started reading post #1, I was hooked.

Shadow & Co. makes me want to own a 650 ONLY because of what they have done!

Considering that my 600 was free, I want to use it to its fullest extent. And if Shadow & crew can make that happen.......well, I dont know what other defying feats I may do after my exhibition!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  9.    #1009  
    Quote Originally Posted by JQPublic
    Whether it's "hacked" or "unlocked" or "modified", let's not minimalize the facts; Shadowmite made it work, which is the point. Whether it's P1 or Sprint who is limiting the potential of the Treo 650 is almost irrelevant. The end result is the same, the end users and the Treo enthusiasts are the ones getting the shaft. And I believe the people buying the Treos have the ability to influence change.
    I wasn't trying to minimize it, but the comment was that Palm is limiting the BT, which it isn't -- Sprint is. It's not irrelevant because people who get the GSM version will very likely have it enabled by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle

HEH YOU JUST GOT ME GOING AGAIN! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Hear hear...

There's nothing left to this thread...let's talk about favorite omlette recipes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by heather_blonde
    There's nothing left to this thread...
    Actually, we can still (wait for)/(bother) shadowmite to make wi-fi (1) stable (2) non-interfering. It's still nice to have Vision and wi-fi.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by heather_blonde
    HEH YOU JUST GOT ME GOING AGAIN! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    Crazy women, can't live with em, can't rewrite their programming...
    We will be working on a way to load/unload the wifi driver... But it'll take time... With the Christmas break I might have plenty of time... I also might not... We'll see. I get so distracted by everything!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Well put.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I wasn't trying to minimize it, but the comment was that Palm is limiting the BT, which it isn't -- Sprint is. It's not irrelevant because people who get the GSM version will very likely have it enabled by default.
    I see your point and technically you are right, but this thread is primarily about enabling WiFi. My point for throwing BT into the mix (which I now regret) is to illustrate how P1, Sprint, whoever, has cranked out a technologically deficient Treo and the Treo community really deserves more than what they have offered us so far. And until the new GSM Treo 650 arrives, whenever that will be, we will not know exactly what other "limitations" we may face. At this point, I have more faith in Shadowmite & Co, and sites like TC to make things right with the Treo 650, then I do with P1, Sprint or any other corporation or service provider. Because we all know just how much they really care about customer expectations.

I do credit P1 for acknowledging their first mistake and have started giving away free 128MB SD's, to make up for their memory lacking Treo 650. I'm sure many people complained and change happened.
    http://web.palmone.com/support/sd.jhtml
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    who can live with them, who can live without them ...
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Dear T/C members,

I thinks it's great we are all congratulating President Shadowmite,
    but unfortunately my wallet still has pre X-mas cash that I want to
    send Pres. Shadowmite (Even after the nice end of the year bonus
    that Edeab & I already Paypal paid - in excess of what we pledged. )

TC Members & Pres. Shawdowmite:

I have been experimenting with this cool new Subterfuge device
    called Wifi on the T650... I want to be able to surf the web.

Pres. Shadowmite, how do you do Shoutcast on Wifi T650? (I know stupid question, but I want to try it.)

T/C Members how do we configure surfing the web? I went and bought Web Pro 3.5 (The official Palm One web browser for the Tungstens with WIFI) from P1 on Handango for $35 bones (dollars for those who don't know )
    and I think I can access the internet from the Wifi on my T650, but my Linksys died, and I am recovering from an accident I had so I havent been able to drive yet to go get a new Linksys. (The Pizza Hut guy thinks I am crazy for asking him to go to Radio Shack and get me one )

I get an error even with the registration key entered, when I turn on the web pro that says "not authorized" anyone care to help ? I am "kinda" tapping into one of my neighbors (who has a dog he is mean to and I have called the county animal cruelty people on him ) linksys but they kick me off just after I get on the net with an error that says " please enter your DNS..." I am not sure what the INS is versus the DNS (living in los Angeles), so anyone care to help me on that?

When I first loaded the web Pro browser I found that you can make the settings permanent to only connect by a wifi or wlan or PCS Vision, or Sprint Provisioning. It allows you to make only one connection, or use multiple connections. Anyone care to help me with that?

Secondly if I want to use Webpro with Pres. Shadowmite's WIFI, you have to load the Wifi first, then load the Webpro from your SD card and/or hotsync
    it AFTER you have all of the resets done with the WIFI. As a matter of fact
    if you load the web pro, and already have the WIFI enabled, and you forget that trying to turn the 650 off, and the T650 starts to go to the E.R. (Endless Reset ) then you have to hard reset it again, b/c there is something incompatible with the Web Pro and the Wifi with the ER system.

I am thinking of trying Reqwireless with the new WIFI. Any thoughts?

I have to say that Back up man works great when trying to use the WIFI,
    it's just that the Net Serv Lib still does not allow the Back up man to change my T650 back into the Mini mouse versus Mighty Mouse Wifi T650 and it causes the resets. If you use Back up man, you need to do a Hard Reset
    then use Back up man to get your Mini mouse back. Any thoughts?

Also I was the one who brought up the fact that you cant turn the T650 off
    after you have Wifi running. I use Always on, and it keeps the T650 on so it won't go to the E.R. if it tries to turn off. Any help on that?

I say all of this to make Edeab's & My substantial donation to Shadowmite
    doubled which would make it go to three figures (I Know we are NOT High rollers, but concerned T/C community members - sorry no bling bling ) if we can get working on these new issues.

Okay back to congratulating President Shadowmite T/C Members...
    Please don't hot roast me, just redirect me to a new forum post so we
    can get started on these items.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1107
    T/C Members how do we configure surfing the web? I went and bought Web Pro 3.5 (The official Palm One web browser for the Tungstens with WIFI) from P1 on Handango for $35 bones (dollars for those who don't know )
    hehe, why'd you buy WebPro? You know you do have Blazer, right? Blazer 4 is soooooo much better than WebPro .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Quote Originally Posted by edeab220
    hehe, why'd you buy WebPro? You know you do have Blazer, right? Blazer 4 is soooooo much better than WebPro .
    edeab, webpro is still reportedly better for downloading stuff on the 650 though! There's a thread below that apparently discusses the fact that there might actually be a 2 MB download limit coded into Blazer 4.0! That would seriously suck imo!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63276

(** HINT ** Yet another thing for Shadowmite to hack!! )

However, it appears the patched ver of Webpro 3.01a works fine on the 650 while webproV does not. Webpro is still a very good browser imo and excellent for download files...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions