Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
    Shadow,

Much respect. Much respect. Double my donation. I'm in for $20 now. If you're not completely satisfied with your current job, I hope this opens all sorts of doors for you. You have accomplished what many thought was impossible, and we are all very thankful.

Thanks once again,
    Scott
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy
    Just to be clear, I am in no way trying to minimalize the work that shadowmite has done, but to turn his work into yet another opportunity to bash PalmOne is really tiresome.

To keep claiming "they could if they wanted to" is a constant complaint from people who don't seem to understand product development and the tradeoffs that need to be made when creating and testing a product.

Yes, if P1 had the cash and resources of, say, Microsoft or SAP, I'm sure they would have done it.

Unfortunately not many companies have those kinds of resources.
    I have stayed out of this thread so that shadowmite and company could work on this unencumbered. But I can't stay out any longer for two reasons. 1) congratulations to shadowmite, euroclie, and all the others that have helped out on this 2) I'm sick and tired of the comments slamming P1 for not releasing the Wifi drivers. I agree with bigboy that people doing this do not understand the process and would probably be the same people that would ***** and moan about the crappy drivers if P1 released them prematurely. I deal every day with customers that everything rightnow with no bugs and oh yeah, it had better be cheap. I also agree with the comments that most likely Wifi hasn't been a top priority for P1 which has kept them from putting the resources on this project. Why it hasn't been a top priority is certainly open for debate but I'm guessing pressure from partners is the biggest reason.

When the donation method is (finally) setup I'm in for $20.
    That was quick negative reaction from me. I take it back. The thought just irritates me that if Shadow can do this in this short period of time, I have no doubt at all now that the PalmOne guys have this WiFi stuff in their closet all along, all the way back when we ordered our Treo 600 thinking that WiFi would work in the SDIO slot!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    I have stayed out of this thread so that shadowmite and company could work on this unencumbered. But I can't stay out any longer for two reasons. 1) congratulations to shadowmite, euroclie, and all the others that have helped out on this 2) I'm sick and tired of the comments slamming P1 for not releasing the Wifi drivers. I agree with bigboy that people doing this do not understand the process and would probably be the same people that would ***** and moan about the crappy drivers if P1 released them prematurely. I deal every day with customers that everything rightnow with no bugs and oh yeah, it had better be cheap. I also agree with the comments that most likely Wifi hasn't been a top priority for P1 which has kept them from putting the resources on this project. Why it hasn't been a top priority is certainly open for debate but I'm guessing pressure from partners is the biggest reason.

When the donation method is (finally) setup I'm in for $20.

As it says here you can paypal him the money.
    Shadowmite,

It appears that we may not be able to host the donation transactions, so I would recommend that you setup a donation page using Amazon's Honor System.

http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/sub...446837-9224049

Their fees are low, offers complete transparancy (the amount raised etc), and will leave you in direct control of the operation. It would be better than us handling it.

Either way, I have posted your paypal address in the frontpage story.
    Can you make phone calls over wifi? I'm in an area where Sprint reception is really bad...
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Can you make phone calls over wifi?
    If there is a a VoIP application for Palm...
    good lord. That was amazing. I remember reading this thread the first day for hours and thinking how impressive this whole operation was. Then a lull in the middle, where I thought honestly this could not be done. But WOW. Thanks to shadowmite, and also all the other guys who chimed in with their programming knowledge and expertise. I'm sure this could not have come to fruition with your contributions too. If I only had the skills you guys do.
    Woderful job, shadow.
    You should be proud of yourself. Palm one should institute a distinguished programmer award and you should be the receipient of the 1st award.
    Please don't leave the board, if you become famous.We need to tackle more problem like these on future Treo's.
    Will chip in donation.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Shawdowmite,

<drops jaw><gasps> Thank you! </gasps></drops jaw>

Absolutely amazing.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    If there is a a VoIP application for Palm...
    http://www.vliusa.com/

http://www.taptarget.com/iphone.html
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    You have Paypal mail.............

from Edeab & Mark1107
    I'm giving him all the bandwith I have!
    Congratulations to Shadow and all those that assisted. Happy to paypal a little something!
    Wow!

What a ride!
    I read this thread faithfully evenry night and just checked a few hours ago. Decided to check again before bed and KABAM! Shadowmite - YOU ARE DA MAN!!!!!!
    He is, be sure to paypal a little something if you can!
    For all the Treo 600 members with their fingers crossed,
    Sorry to break the bad news guys, after several more crashes we have decided to research the different processers and found out that the T600 has the TI OMAP 144MHz processer where all the devices that are included on the driver (also the T650) are built around the Intel XScale (PXA 270). So the code in the palm driver is written in the language specific to a different processer. I'm not saying that it is impossable, just Palm might have to release a new driver that is OMAP specific. I will definatly keep on this, but this is the current problem.
    Palm Piliot pro w/2mg upgrade,
    Prism Visorphone,
    Visor Edge
    PalmV
    Kyocera 7135,
    Treo 600,
    Treo 650.
    I realize it is important to put your money where your mouth is. I have already send some love via PayPal. I suggest others do the same. It is great incentive to keep extremely talented people like Shadowmite innovating and reverse engineering! It only takes a moment to show your support financially.