Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
    I knew you were going to make it happen. I hope you don't stop working on it. It would be nice if you can make it more transparent to the user and why not add compatibility with the SanDisk cards.

Thanks a lot Shodowmite you are a true HERO for all of us.

Al
    bigboy, shadow is mainly a one-man-show with some loyal help of euroclié and others ... if P1 wanted to, they could.

lets see how shadow & co. can iron out those bugs - its a tough one, but still just the beginning. I'd say shame on P1 to sell its customers that cheaply.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    SHADOWMITE FOR PRESIDENT FORGET KERRY & BUSH!

AT LEAST PLEASE TREO CENTRAL LET'S HAVE SHADOWMITE AN HONORARY STAFF MEMBER WITH DELETION/EDITING/HOSTING/LOCKING/UNLOCKING FORUM PRIVILEDGES

PLEASE TREO CENTRAL SET THIS UP?

IMHO,

MARK
    If P1 is smart they'll offer shadow a job! What great work!!!

Congrats!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    AGREED! This is a huge day for the Treo world.....

Slashdot where are you?
    Don't forget the 600...pleaseeee....
    errr... am I dreaming.. Not slashdoted yet hugh :-D

-b

Which cards does this support?
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    bigboy, shadow is mainly a one-man-show with some loyal help of euroclié and others ... if P1 wanted to, they could.

lets see how shadow & co. can iron out those bugs - its a tough one, but still just the beginning. I'd say shame on P1 to sell its customers that cheaply.
    Just to be clear, I am in no way trying to minimalize the work that shadowmite has done, but to turn his work into yet another opportunity to bash PalmOne is really tiresome.

To keep claiming "they could if they wanted to" is a constant complaint from people who don't seem to understand product development and the tradeoffs that need to be made when creating and testing a product.

Yes, if P1 had the cash and resources of, say, Microsoft or SAP, I'm sure they would have done it.

Unfortunately not many companies have those kinds of resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by edeab220
    Congrats Shadowmite!!!
    Hey man thanks! You helped along the way! Learning the parts of the assembly langauge I didn't know was crucial to making this happen... The biggest thing that made this work now was going back to square one, before Euroclie ripped those files out of the installer. He did us a awesome favor getting those files so we could understand the driver, but we then were missing the changes the installer had to make... Once I got it to think the 650 was a TnT5 (Tunsten T5) it all worked...

Now the 600 is harder... I am interested in others experience with the file already released on the 600... It will install, but will most likely give problem right afterward. The next step is eliminating the Zire 72 firmware upgrade nag so we can install the Zire version of the drivers on the 600 instead of the T3... (The T5 version resets the moment you try to run the network programs, which COULD be a power brownout...)
    Last edited by shadowmite; 12/15/2004 at 09:52 PM.
    Still you must be proud of what you did! Congrats, I hope P1 offers you a job!

Engadget has linked to your work!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Hey man thanks! You helped along the way! Learning the parts of the assembly langauge I didn't know was crucial to making this happen... The biggest thing that made this work now was going back to square one, before Euroclie ripped those files out of the installer. He did us a awesome favor getting those files so we could understand the driver, but we then were missing the changes the installer had to make... Once I got it to think the 650 was a TnT5 (Tunsten T5) it all worked...
    hehe...if only I had money, I could donate to thank you for the work you've done, even though I don't have a Treo 650 .

Well the news of your drivers are now on the front page of the site I work for, the Daily Gadget .

Ah here's my article:

http://www.dailygadget.com/forums/sh...7335#post27335

Anything specific you want to say about the drivers?
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Shadow thanks for your hard work!!!!!!!
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy
    Nonsense.

As much work as shadowmite has done (and it was great), it still doesn't work seamlessly with the phone -- as he said in an earlier post, it takes over the net library, and you can't use your carrier's service for internet access with these drivers installed.

Would you accept paying for a wifi card that would make you remove the drivers so you can use your phone? So the main problem of managing multiple net libraries still hasn't been solved -- and if I were a product manager at P1, I wouldn't accept that engineering compromise at all.

Give me a break.
    I agree, definitely a kicka$$ job by shadowmite. But it's not really there yet. If you have to hard reset your device to get back Vision (as per shadowmite's post), that makes it impractical for most of us I imagine. Even if a simple install/uninstall worked, that would be usable. But a hard reset, that's another matter. The drivers in their current state are a proof of concept, but not really ready for prime time - unless of course you never use Vision
    hey guys, congrats on getting this project done! well sorta...
    sorry i couldn't help in the later stages, i have been very busy at work. travelling more- this time by plane!
    thankfully- compusa didn't charge me a restocking fee on the wifi card.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I am all ready and VERY willing to send my donation!!!!!

Great work Shadow.

On another note, I just completely lost my respect for PalmOne!!!!!!! Those b....tds!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Rat
    On another note, I just completely lost my respect for PalmOne!!!!!!! Those b....tds!
    Are those the same b....tds that released the Treo 650, without which the WiFi drivers would be useless? Perspective, people.
    Agreed, please do not get upset at P1... They are running a huge business and trying to be profitable. I believe this release will help them see the demand, with which they might finally assign the resources to accomplish these drivers on their own. I don't believe they have been lying about the problems, they simply haven't seen the reason to accomplish this yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Rat
    I am all ready and VERY willing to send my donation!!!!!

Great work Shadow.

Shadowmite has supplied his donation information, on that page.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    Are those the same b....tds that released the Treo 650, without which the WiFi drivers would be useless? Perspective, people.

For sure, Palm OS rocks! Without them none of this would be possable. I have owned Palms since the beggining, their R&D might need some help but all in all, -THANKS PALMONE!
    Palm Piliot pro w/2mg upgrade,
    Prism Visorphone,
    Visor Edge
    PalmV
    Kyocera 7135,
    Treo 600,
    Treo 650.
    Shadow YOU ROCK!!!!!! Thanks for not giving up!
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....