Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
    impressive, good job shadowmite . . . TC throw this up on front page w/ a place we can make donations to further his work.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    uhhh.... so which SD Wi-Fi card can we use with this driver? The one from PalmOne or Sandisk?

WHO CARES!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARG ARG ARG ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shadowmite - Do you have a paypal fund setup?
    The card that will work is the Palm one... Although it wouldn't be hard to make a Sandisk version... They are reading the model code on the card to verify it... At least, I THINK I could easily make a Sandisk version... I won't be looking into that for awhile... Heck, this way it'll make palm some money and they won't be mad at me!
    We have been trying to get it to work on the 600 but it goes into a reset loop...
    Palm Piliot pro w/2mg upgrade,
    Prism Visorphone,
    Visor Edge
    PalmV
    Kyocera 7135,
    Treo 600,
    Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    no seriously, I'm curious, too. Is it the P1 card or the Sandisk??
    Vince
    shadow maestro - any next steps to roll out the bugs?
    I dont condone any of this btw...Im just reading for amusement...!
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    ok, just saw Shadow's post - got it!
    Vince
    by the way, I don't have the 650 yet (waiting on GSM) but I downloaded the zip to use when I get my new baby! I'd hate for something bad to happen - like P1 making it disappear somehow...
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    kidlatj
    is the cellular radio turned on or off on that 600 that's looping? Just a thought.
    Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    kidlatj
    is the cellular radio turned on or off on that 600 that's looping? Just a thought.
    Vince
    Good point vince, it was on initially but after the second reset during the install it wouldnt come back up (so it didnt have time to turn back on). After the 650 sucess i am hopeful, so we are continually working on it!!
    Palm Piliot pro w/2mg upgrade,
    Prism Visorphone,
    Visor Edge
    PalmV
    Kyocera 7135,
    Treo 600,
    Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    if shadow's patch works its once again clear proof that P1 is lying to its customers. how could they not have developed a working patch so far if shadow could handle it in a garage so to say?

well, unfortunately they make the nice treo, but marketing-wise, goodness, me, they're self destructive.
    Nonsense.

As much work as shadowmite has done (and it was great), it still doesn't work seamlessly with the phone -- as he said in an earlier post, it takes over the net library, and you can't use your carrier's service for internet access with these drivers installed.

Would you accept paying for a wifi card that would make you remove the drivers so you can use your phone? So the main problem of managing multiple net libraries still hasn't been solved -- and if I were a product manager at P1, I wouldn't accept that engineering compromise at all.

Give me a break.
    Everyone DOWNLOAD before P! gets their assess in...

Freakin palmone....kiss your own *** and jump off the P1 HQ....

TC rocks....just dont' forget about the Treo 600 Shawdow....everyone's jumping up and down over there...
    Guys, in response to bigboy's post, yes it appears the juggling of radios is in fact a valid excuse from Palm One... But they have the source code for this... They could easily write a install-uninstall tool that adds/removes this library... They just have chosen not to... I'd imagine it's just not a important matter for them to get Wifi on the Treo, heck, it already has a cell modem. But once they see the demand for it (if it really get big here) they will realize they can increase their profits by giving us what we want! I'm just helping them get there.
    We uploaded the file here http://treocentral.com/wifi/

Shadowmite, would you prefer that we ask readers to send donations using paypal to temfate@hotmail.com, or would you like us to send up a pledge drive like we did for the BT bounty?
    Marcus! Glad to see you, please by all means set it up and remove that email address. Thanks for joining in! I hope this helps get the traffic to your site!
    Darn you guys are fast - I posted a link to your mirror...
    Congrats shadowmite! This has been something else to follow for the last few weeks
    This is truly great work - GET IT before Palm one gets stupid!
    Congrats Shadowmite!!!
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)