Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Heather... a little too enthusiastic tonight?

I've sent word to marcus. Hopefully we'll hear from him soon!

Great news, Shadow...

MEEXCITEDWHOSEXCITEDIMNOTEXCITEDWHYYOUSAYINGIMEXCITEDWHOSSAYSIMEXCITED?
    ?????????????????????????????????????????
  2. wzl
    I can host it for ya if you want. Let me know.

t650 [at] m2wh.com
    HEY MODS WE NEED A SMILY WITH HIS HEAD EXPLODING

Just don't cut it anymore!!!!!

Let's start the chanting: SHADOW SHADW SHADOW...(repeat several hundred times)
    ShadowMite is TreoCentral User (& programmer extraodiniare) of the Year.
    We need a trophy like an Oscar to pass along to Shadowmite
    Last edited by specimen38; 12/17/2004 at 07:33 PM.
    heather_blonde:
    CALM DOWN! I'm excited too, but there's no need to go orgasmic here, okay?
    Deep breaths will do it.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    ShadowMite is TreoCentral User (& programmer extradinare) of the Year.
    We need a trophy like an Oscar to pass along to Shadowmite
    Agreed. It'll look like the Oscar's statue, except holding a Treo 650 in the air instead of a wire sphere...
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Ok, before we go to far with the awesome's etc... After a little more testing now that I'm calming down there is a small problem... It takes over the network connection/library... COMPLETELY! Once installed, you can not access vision UNTIL you hard reset and get it off the phone... Maybe with some more time we can find a way around that... But I wanted to mention it...

Now, still need a place for the file... Haven't done any testing with bluetooth/phone/combos etc yet... The phone still works after it's installed, we'll find out more as the night goes by... My next priority is to make the changes to support the Treo 600 also, but no promises!
    Hard reset? OK, that's a problem But still damn impressive figuring that out. Can a second version of the network connection library be renamed somehow so that the WiFi uses this different one (i.e., different libraries for WiFi and phone)? Or is that not how the net connect libraries work? Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with this. Though I suppose even if that's possible, without source code it would be difficult.
    wow
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I sure hope the PalmOne lawyers are not the next ones that are going to be calling you. This sounds too amazing. If Shadow and friends get WiFi on the 650 before PalmOne we can expect to see the store on every news site and this form will have to withstand a /. swarm.
    Ill host...

Just PM me - tons of bandwith to spare... You can even just use me while we wait for TC
    I agree with Heather, Get him a young Girl!! That patch is Awesome! I can confirm that it works, I saw it stream Shoutcast at 256 Kbps!!!
    if shadow's patch works its once again clear proof that P1 is lying to its customers. how could they not have developed a working patch so far if shadow could handle it in a garage so to say?

well, unfortunately they make the nice treo, but marketing-wise, goodness, me, they're self destructive.
    Getting the file now, and then uploading the file to my site...
    Ok guys, the file is on it's way to XistBoi... Here are some install instructions...
    1) Copy the file to a SD card
    2) Run the file
    3) It will go threw installing some files, followed by a soft reset
    4) It will install some more files, and identify itself as T5 Wifi installer
    5) It will ask for the Wifi Card...
    6) Insert the card and press next, it should finish and reset again.
    7) Rock and roll, experiment and figure it out...

If it doesn't find your hot spots right away, I had to manually enter mine then it started finding more... ??? Just play with it and find all the bugs. I streamed 256kbps with shoutcast, but it crashed when a sms message came in...

Enjoy! The file can be tried in the 600, but so far it appears to crash after the install completes. Should identify itself as T3 Wifi...
    Shadowmite, is going nuts right now... (I'm his roommate)
    Palm Piliot pro w/2mg upgrade,
    Prism Visorphone,
    Visor Edge
    PalmV
    Kyocera 7135,
    Treo 600,
    Treo 650.
    Hey PalmOne:

Would it have killed you to help?

Way to go Shadow. First bluetooth, now this.
    Maybe it's time Engadget did one of their interviews on Shadow. Anyone else curious about the guy who cracked both dun bluetooth and now this?

Well let's get it done! Email them here:
    http://www.engadget.com/contact/?Subject=0
    uhhh.... so which SD Wi-Fi card can we use with this driver? The one from PalmOne or Sandisk?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidlatj
    I agree with Heather, Get him a young Girl!! That patch is Awesome! I can confirm that it works, I saw it stream Shoutcast at 256 Kbps!!!

SEE...PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME!!! ME ME ME ME!!!! ARG THERES WIFI WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO