Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
  1.    #801  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treobloke
    just a thought, but everyone is saying that it is Sprint that killed off the wi-fi. Could it be that palm one did not want to make the Treo as powerful a pda as the Tungsten. Otherwise they might kill off the pda (Tungsten) side of their business and end up having all their eggs in the treo basket.
    I'd disagree with this. The different form factors mean that they are really different things. Plus Palm realizes that someone isn't likely to by a Tungsten and a Treo. The biggest reason why people by Treo's is because of convergence. Having a Treo and Tungsten defeats that convergence advantage in large part.
    I'm looking forward to your resolution of the WiFi mystery Shadowmite!
    Just thought I'd post the PRC's which work on the Tungsten E and the Zire with the Sandisk WIFI SDIO card.... there is one (te_Pegas_palm5.prc) that works with tungsten e, you just need to take away the te_ at the start, but if you want the Zire driver leave Pegas_palm5.prc as it is. The The rest of the files are also needed. Maybe the files will give you ideas.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydu3
    Just thought I'd post the PRC's which work on the Tungsten E and the Zire with the Sandisk WIFI SDIO card.... there is one (te_Pegas_palm5.prc) that works with tungsten e, you just need to take away the te_ at the start, but if you want the Zire driver leave Pegas_palm5.prc as it is. The The rest of the files are also needed. Maybe the files will give you ideas.
    Has anyone with a card tried these files. I have installed them on my Treo 600 and i can only go as far as them asking me for a card. No resets and no problems with other apps. I don't have a card so i can not test it further. i also noticed that unlike the zodiac driver this app does not interfere with my regular radio internet connection. The zodiac driver, disabled my internet, this one does not. we need some one with a San disk or P1 card to test these drivers on a 600 nad 650.
    for those that are interested, there's an article in today's Wall Street Journal about Wi-Fi cutting into cellular carriers' revenues....its in the Marketplace section in the left-hand column
    You can count me in as well for $5. Keep up the faith and way to go shadowmite!
    uhh ohhh have we come to a grinding halt? <smile> C'mon guys you can do it!
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    It's just looking pretty bad... It works, but it's completely unstable and almost impossible to keep it working. We really need to completely re-write the network layers to make this happen, and thus the source code is needed.

I'm not giving up, but it's going to be slow, if any progress at all is made now...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    It's just looking pretty bad... It works, but it's completely unstable and almost impossible to keep it working. We really need to completely re-write the network layers to make this happen, and thus the source code is needed.

I'm not giving up, but it's going to be slow, if any progress at all is made now...
    Have we been able to maintain a connection to transfer any data yet? Have you had a chance to look at the Tungsten E driver's Shadow?
    P.s. good to see you back!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Since we need to source code, does anybody think that we can deliver a petition to PalmOne? My thought is that maybe if they have something other then a few post from this forum that maybe they help us since we have "helped" them somewhat? Power of the people can influence!
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by sjuffe
    Since we need to source code, does anybody think that we can deliver a petition to PalmOne? My thought is that maybe if they have something other then a few post from this forum that maybe they help us since we have "helped" them somewhat? Power of the people can influence!
    Yesterday, I e-mailed "C-guys" another sd wi-fi card company to see if they had any beta driver that he could send me for Palm models. His response was as follows:

Hiroshi Ide
    "We had a great difficulty in setting up TCP/IP in the driver. We think
    Palm had a special way or no way to use normal TCP/IP layer. We did ask
    Palm for help since it is Palm's system problem. But we received
    nothing from Palm for long period.

With that and there is no way for us to continue, we had our engineer to
    go.
    That was the end of story and we just cannot release the driver in such
    condition.
    Again, we are very sorry for us not be able to support you."

It seems that Palm likes to keep their source code under lock and key for some things that they don't want released. They would not even help out wi-fi sd card developers. We have heard similar complaints from San Disk.
    pull out the trump card of false advertising by sprint...
    my sprint handspring 600box says compatible w/ select 3rd party BT & wifi cards. Isn't that a misrepresenting illegl claim? since P1 now owns HS... its their & sprints liability.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisonmuscle
    Yesterday, I e-mailed "C-guys" another sd wi-fi card company to see if they had any beta driver that he could send me for Palm models. His response was as follows:

Hiroshi Ide
    "We had a great difficulty in setting up TCP/IP in the driver. We think
    Palm had a special way or no way to use normal TCP/IP layer. We did ask
    Palm for help since it is Palm's system problem. But we received
    nothing from Palm for long period.

With that and there is no way for us to continue, we had our engineer to
    go.
    That was the end of story and we just cannot release the driver in such
    condition.
    Again, we are very sorry for us not be able to support you."

It seems that Palm likes to keep their source code under lock and key for some things that they don't want released. They would not even help out wi-fi sd card developers. We have heard similar complaints from San Disk.
    I was googling Treo/wifi/drivers/palmone in different combinations and I saw the Sony clie come up. I went to Sony's website and found they operate the Sony Clie on the Palm OS 5.2 with a built in Cell/web browser/Wifi/ & Bluetooth. Sony used software that they were able to juggle all of the Radio issues we are facing.

My question to everyone is could we look at the Palmone/Sony drivers to see if we could make them work? I know they have different hardware, but if Sony's P1 O.S. is a version before the T650 which is Garnet 5.4.5 maybe we could use the drivers with our "unstable setup" that Shadowmite referenced in his post? Maybe we can use the Radio drivers (Phone/web/Bluetooth/Wifi) and blend them with drivers we have? IMHO just a thought...

Thanks again Shadowmite.

This last question is for T/C can we set up a "Fix Shadowmites Car Fund? Since he humbly won't accept the Wifi donations, but his spirit has helped all of us believe in something bigger than any individual, why not help him get his car fixed? I will pledge $50.00 or Private mail and ask him for his address so I can send him a check!

I will put my money where my mouth is because I want to keep this forum alive, it gives me hope for my fellow man & woman (and living in Los Angeles it is hard to see that hope, not being from here.

Mark
    so what youre sayin' is that palmone products (treo 650 included) are not as powerful as they could be b/c they wanna make more$$.

stingy jerks.

I guess I'll go w/ the BlueAngel now then eh? hahahha!
    morons...just shot themselves in the foot. hahahhhaha!
    Shadowmite wrote: "I'm not giving up, but ..." , I like that, That's why I come to this site often. I'm proud to be part of this comunity
    Systrap $A81E is a shared library call -- any $A8xx trap is converted by the system to a call to a shared library with the xx part used as an offset into the shared library's dispatch table. The first parameter pushed on the stack indicates to which library the call is made.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcombee
    Systrap $A81E is a shared library call -- any $A8xx trap is converted by the system to a call to a shared library with the xx part used as an offset into the shared library's dispatch table. The first parameter pushed on the stack indicates to which library the call is made.
    Awesome, thanks for the insight...
    Not sure if any of you have been following the kid brother thread about the wifi drivers on 600, but see post # 76 over there.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post495146

I have obtained an SD card extender suitable for testing the SDIO power output/comsumption. I will test using a P1 card, working on a T3, and whatever I can get it to do on a 600 with drivers previously posted.

As I have not yet been able to "get the light on" as Vish did with 3.1 and his dearly departed 600, I'm thinking I'm not going to get any results with that testing.

I was going to get a 650 to test, but I've since already got $360 into this ($110 P1 card, $150 SD extender, and $100 commitied to wifi driver bounty), I'll probably not be getting one soon. If someone here is qualified (650, P1 card, drivers, testing equipment, & desire - sounds like shadow) over here wants to test the 650, I can ship the Extender card out, probably next week.

This is at your own risk. Looks safe, though there are exposed testing points subjest to shorts & static!.
    mathetesnj, I would be happy to give that a try if you are willing after you've used it yourself. Let me know via PM and we can discuss it.

And moving along, let's play developer trivia...
    Arz1 / TnT5 / Zi72 appear to all be device ID's returned from the FtrGet trap... What is the 650's ID?

Furthermore, euroclie, when you used the sheriff files to find the proper re-build extensions for the files how did you determine which one to use? I'm working on another approach here...
    Last edited by shadowmite; 12/15/2004 at 04:14 PM.
    What is the 650's ID?
    Just thinking out loud here... T650 and Tr65 would seem to make sense.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...