Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Even with all of the wonderful work they are doing. There is no Palm OS device that has Bluetooth and wifi and a phone connection. The software is not designed to handle that. I bet even WITH the source codes we will still run into major if not irritating unrelibility with the drivers. I think that is where palm is RIGHT NOW.
    Hmm... While there's no doubt that hacking the T5 Wifi driver will certainly provide sub-optimal (probably unstable as well) situation, it might at least let us connect (even if only "manually") to a WiFi access point.

The fact that there's no WiFi + BT + Phone PalmOS device seems irrelevant to me when it comes to internet-related software drivers. I mean, possible radio interferences or power issues aside, you only connect to a single source for internet stuff at a given time: it can be the serial/usb port (using Softick PPP, for instance), bluetooth, GSM/GPRS/CDMA, but you're always using the "active" setting in the Network Preference panel, so it shouldn't matter how many alternative solutions we have, if only one is active when you want to connect.

OK, the ideal solution would be a "mixed" connexion with load balancing (why not?) and rerouting (if there's no WiFi network available, use the phone network automatically, etc.) and indeed it will take a lot of work to get a transparent experience for the user. But right now we're not trying to achieve that... yet!
    Has anyone tried removing the bluetooth drivers to see if that's causing any interference? Maybe try stripping the 650 down look as close to the T3/5 as possible...get it working and then start adding the 650 drivers/components piece by piece and see what works and what doesn't.

Not sure if that's worth trying or not.
    it would be great if someone from P1 dev would chime in (is that unheard of?) to @ least give a hot/cold clue...WE KNOW YOU ARE THERE! How bout it P1, be a little proactive & more helpful then you have been w/the mem fix... aren't your customers needs important to u?... its the least you could do! your silence & apathy for helping your loyal users is wearing thin. Do the right thin & help these guys out..or @ least be honest about whether this is possible or not.
    Ok, what is this systrap? Anyone?

DC.W sysTrap $a81e = sysTrap unknown

Something they've added in the driver for the card io?
  5.    #765  
    Quote Originally Posted by demoflauchy
    Has anyone tried removing the bluetooth drivers to see if that's causing any interference? Maybe try stripping the 650 down look as close to the T3/5 as possible...get it working and then start adding the 650 drivers/components piece by piece and see what works and what doesn't.

Not sure if that's worth trying or not.
    I think it might be a lot of work to remove the BT drivers given that they are in ROM. That's just my stab with almost no knowledge of anything . Also if it were the BT network drivers, it should be showing more success on the Treo 600 (which some people have tried).
    Actually, removing the BT drivers would be as simple as having a empty file in ram for each one in rom... But I don't think that'll help, but it's worth a shot I suppose. Won't be hard to try... As far as testing on the 600, I have tried it myself but have never seen the card light up although Vish claims to have had it happen on his. I don't know...
  7.    #767  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Actually, removing the BT drivers would be as simple as having a empty file in ram for each one in rom... But I don't think that'll help, but it's worth a shot I suppose. Won't be hard to try... As far as testing on the 600, I have tried it myself but have never seen the card light up although Vish claims to have had it happen on his. I don't know...
    Good point. I was thinking along the lines of "if you can blow away the BT drivers" you can "blow away RealPlayer" for those that want it (there have been some requests). However it wouldn't recover the RealPlayer's space which is what people really want I suspect. Anyway, I'll shut up now as I don't have a ton of technical experience to add with respect to the PalmOS.
    Not meaning to interrupt your hot discussion , but i just want to say, that after seeing sooo many treo lovers wanting the wi-fi so bad and all the efforts trying to crack the drivers for it, i think that palmone would be really dumb if she just ignores the fact that the wi-fi on the Treo is ESSENTIAL and should try to make the sd card work as FAST as possible...its only hurting them not replying to the demands of its loyal customers.. I just hope anyone from palm is reading these discussions and act fast to solve the missing wi-fi dilemna
    Quote Originally Posted by demoflauchy
    Has anyone tried removing the bluetooth drivers to see if that's causing any interference? Maybe try stripping the 650 down look as close to the T3/5 as possible...
    Both the T3 and th T5 have bluetooth so I'm not sure you'd want to exclude these drivers if you want the 650 look close to the t3/5.
    first time poster
    long time reader
    shadowmite we cant thank you enough for your great work (this & DUN)
    i sent you a PM with some questions / suggestions
    put me down for $40
    All,

I've posted some on the 600 wifi testing - waiting to hear back from vish on what version drivers he was using as I am not able to duplicate his results (light blinking & solid on my 600).

Anyway, to the point, I will be taking on the testing of the sd slot on the 600 - I've found an appropriate interface and will report back my results. Personally, I believe the "under-powered slot" excuse is a load of ****. I hope to be able to put this issue to rest.

I'll take on the 650 testing after I complete the 600 testing if it turns out to be necessary. I have to do it in this order as I do not have a 650 yet.

I'll be testing the slot using a P1 card, T3, and a 600.
    Man....twenty pages of trying to get Wifi on the Treo 650....if P1 does monitor this site as they say they do, this should at least be enough of a statement for the demand in the field of their customers to at least acknowledge there is a need and hopefully take action to resolve it, though it may be too late for the 650.

After a being a VERY happy and 600 user for over 10 months this was one of the major issues that made me look else were for my latest upgrade. All I can say from first hand experience with my new phone is that having the option for Wifi really does open whole new worlds and opportunities.

I really hope they realize how they let down their loyal customers, how many customers opted for a competitive covergence device that is Wifi capable, and that they plan to address this with the 700.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Ok, what is this systrap? Anyone?

DC.W sysTrap $a81e = sysTrap unknown

Something they've added in the driver for the card io?
    I did a search in PalmSource & PalmOne headers, but I've not found that sysTrap... Anyone else can try to find this?

Otherwise, I think I'll have finished my program to load/unload libraries later today, if everything goes as planned (I'm fighting to find some free time...).

Meanwhile, I've uploaded a small page containing data I have gathered by browsing through the files of the driver, so if anyone else needs informations, just point your browser here and let me know if this is correct.

shadowmite: I've prepared a new set of files from the driver by first merging every database with the enUS overlay (to get rid of the overlay & checksum problem if we have to modify some bytes here and there, like the libraries CreatorID), and then by searching for every occurence of the "netl" CreatorID to replace it with the "NETl" CreatorID, so that we can see if this helps once my library load/unload program is finished. It's probably only a matter of minutes, except that those precious minutes will only take place in a couple of hours!
    Damn guys, keep it up.
    dunno if you still need it shadow, but here is just a couple of things i found.. not sure if its what you are looking for..

systrap (vector)
    The systrap attribute specifies that the function should be called using the Palm OS systrap mechanism. The integer vector may be either a literal such as `0xa000' or a constant value such as an enumeration constant. More complicated expressions are not permitted.
    This attribute is deprecated and will be removed from a future version of prc-tools. New code should use callseq instead.

You shouldn't use the systrap attribute directly; instead, you should use the SYS_TRAP macro defined in `CoreTraps.h'.

---

systrap is the keyword to invoke APIs, it PUSHes the specified
    ; parameters and cleans the stack after the API execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by tlser20det
    dunno if you still need it shadow, but here is just a couple of things i found.. not sure if its what you are looking for..

systrap (vector)
    The systrap attribute specifies that the function should be called using the Palm OS systrap mechanism. The integer vector may be either a literal such as `0xa000' or a constant value such as an enumeration constant. More complicated expressions are not permitted.
    This attribute is deprecated and will be removed from a future version of prc-tools. New code should use callseq instead.

You shouldn't use the systrap attribute directly; instead, you should use the SYS_TRAP macro defined in `CoreTraps.h'.

---

systrap is the keyword to invoke APIs, it PUSHes the specified
    ; parameters and cleans the stack after the API execution.
    This is already known, tlser20det. The question is which systrap is a81e? The vectors defined by CoreTraps.h only reserve the core traps and only reach a4xx something. So, a81e was created by something/someone else and it's not documented in any of the API's I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by tlser20det
    Thanks for your help!

I suspect that shadowsmite knew that already, and that he's only trying to discover which particular API function this systrap call is pointing to (for instance, on the Treo 600, the $A349 sysTrap is for SysTrapOEMDispatch, which lets you in turn call API functions like HsChrCodeToKeyCode (0x9F) and various manufacturer specific API functions.

I couldn't find out yet what $a81e was, though...
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Hobbes... 20 pages? you mean 40 Pages.... yeah if P1 was watching they should definitely a) take notice of wi-fi requirements and b) hire shadowmite!

alright ill let u guys get back to hackin away!
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    Hobbes... 20 pages? you mean 40 Pages.... yeah if P1 was watching they should definitely a) take notice of wi-fi requirements and b) hire shadowmite!

alright ill let u guys get back to hackin away!
    The number of pages depends on your settings for the forum. I have mine set to display 40 posts per page while I suspect many folks use the default of 20 (I think it's 20). Using the number of posts is a better way to reference them especially when referring to a particular post.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    The number of pages depends on your settings for the forum. I have mine set to display 40 posts per page while I suspect many folks use the default of 20 (I think it's 20). Using the number of posts is a better way to reference them especially when referring to a particular post.
    Post #780!
    I use the 40 posts per page too, much better for the massive threads, ya' know.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright