Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamP
    Actually, I have seen it use an assigned IP in network packet dumps. I just haven't gotten it to fully open a TCP session. It is not consistant, but I am able to sometimes get it to DHCP, ARP, and then send a SYN a few times on the correct port to the correct IP, before failing.
    Adam
    I really didn't want to hear that... If it's a issue that seems to move constantly it could very well be linked to a brown out of power... Maybe we should try building a daughter board to deliver power and see what happens...
    Hey,

If anyone from Palm1 is reading this, how about an anonymous tip or a bit of (wink-wink) support for Shadowmite... After-all that is how we get all of those "cheat-codes" for video games and it helps to support the "power-users" that drive the review and sales of the popular video games on x-box and PS2...

Will we discover that the 600 could indeed support WiFi all along and we were just lied to for the benifit of the phone companies? Or, were we recently lied to about sufficient power in the Sido on the 650? Either way with out a "leak" of inteligence from P1 I'm starrting to think up so great consipiracy theorys.

Palm1, the ball is in your court. Shadowmite, you are doing better as one person than all of P1's tech department!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I really didn't want to hear that... If it's a issue that seems to move constantly it could very well be linked to a brown out of power... Maybe we should try building a daughter board to deliver power and see what happens...
    I can do this if I can find a SD header and socket... If we hit a wall, I can probably get some loving from Digikey.

Have found a set of steps with pssh which allows me to get as far as the packet dump a few messages back on every try... If I enter pssh with wifi off, try to connect, tell it that it can connect to the wifi network, it then fails just after doing DHCP and a ARP. The light on the card stays on, and the connection seems to stay alive as well. If I try to connect again, I get the packet sequence I showed before (SYN, ACK, ACK) and my computer thinking there is a TCP session open, but the treo returning a timeout. I can do this set of packets over and over again without the connection going away, provided I don't let the Treo poweroff, or exit the application.

I have it also ARPing the router correctly and sending correct DNS packets first to the primary, and then the secondary... Yet again it just seems to be having trouble with the network responses (I get a host name lookup failed). Oddly enough, it's (successfully) sending my DNS server a ICMP port unreachable when it gets the DNS reply.

The not being able to get a signal level from the preferences menu looked like it could be a power issue, but this looks more like just a network problem.

Adam
    Last edited by AdamP; 12/05/2004 at 02:02 PM.
    If it is a power issue, perhaps it might make a difference if the unit is plugged into a charger. Was he working unplugged?
    -Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
    http://www.libertybasic.com
    Carl, it's an idea! I'm trying now to see if it makes a difference, but it's doubtful. We're not talking a low voltage level issue, it would be more of a lack of amperage issue. And that's because the circuitry used may not be able to support the higher current. Sort of like if they used ttl level outputs off a chip instead of a h-bridge style circuit.
    Ok. I have been keeping up with the thread. But, now i am a little lost. From what i understand is that the wifi driver works, but we are still running into problems trying to get it to search and find hotspots?
    adamp: thanks for the updates, I agree this could well still be a software issue based on the light staying on sometimes regardless of the software seeing the signal or reporting it properly. I'll have to look closer at our confusing pile of network libraries and creator ID's and how they are designed to work together. Obviously our main change from the T5's design is having the cell radio/vision in addition to the bluetooth stack. So in thoery if we just left the cell radio off it'll be fine, but the ROM appears to check the existing network stack often (about once a minute) while the phone is on OR off! So trying to integrate these files is just weird...

However if this is truely a software issue now, this is something palm could have fixed and made work in just hours with a few programmers working on it.
    just like to add my support....keep going peeps, once you have a solution, I'll try on my Treo also.....its worth the risks etc....this is consumer power at its greatest!!!
    -----------------------------
    Adzo
    Treo since November 2003!

Still got the original.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Gundel
    If it is a power issue, perhaps it might make a difference if the unit is plugged into a charger. Was he working unplugged?

Carl, I thought of that also, I plugged my unit in and tested but it didn't help.
    Well, there are not a whole lot of differences between the two pm net files, furthermore, I found a easy way to get the big file loaded, send it via bluetooth! However it made no difference in the phones ability to get a steady wifi connection. Adamp, feel free to try this if you like, I'll attach the pm file. Other than that, the two fake net libraries cause all sorts of problems on the phone, but they may well be needed. I'll have to take a while to think this one threw. We might have just run into the wall made out of kryptonite...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm sorry I cant help in any way I just wanted to encourage you again and tell you how much this community really appreciates your trying to get the most out of the promised features for this phone. I'm really pulling for your success and cheering you on from the sidelines. Lets just hope there is a disgruntled P1 developer or two lurking who wanted these features enabled on their year long labor of love, who would like nothing more than to help us help the Treo realize its full potential and is willing and able to point us in the right direction w/o jeopardizing his position. I know by now they realize you are the soul of discretion so can pm you and not post openly in the forum. (hint hint)
    Well, I don't have my phone handy to try this, could someone let me know if this one works any better? Also, if you have a bluetooth adaptor for your computer, transfer the pm net file above to your phone also. Report back with result from the test with and without that pm file. Thanks,

shadow
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Shadow, I think you're going to be a candidate for a position at PalmOne, and I think TreoCentral users who are interested should be considered as PalmOne testing ground... At the Long Beach road show I told Peter that I was willing to be a paying beta tester... (Oh yea, I already am)
    Well, there are not a whole lot of differences between the two pm net files, furthermore, I found a easy way to get the big file loaded, send it via bluetooth!
    The new pm net library oddly enough gives me errors that I need to turn the phone on (and then sends no packets).

Beta 2 isn't really doing anything different than Beta 1 for me.

Adam
    Not a problem, I didn't think it would be very different. I changed the creator ID's of the fakenet lib's to include them, but I now will have to hack the program resources to get them to call the changed fake lib's. This way the phone won't go into a hard reset when the drivers are loaded... I just hope this works when it's all done...
    Saw this on Slashdot and had to laugh...

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=131726&cid=10999772
    Good job on that

Mind on creating a universal driver for all PalmOne devices such as Tungsten and Zire + Treo 600 , now that would be great right
    gfunkmagic - posted this:

DTG7 bundled with the 650 support native TEXT-based pdf files only! The only way to get native pdf support on the Treo 650 is if some one would finally patch Piscel viewer from Sony Clies to work on non-clie palmos models! ....now this might be something worth patching....hrrrmmmmmmmmm

hrrrmmmmmmm......

-CK
    Shadow: Would I need to add the PM Net file while I am testing on the Treo 600 as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by ckonkel
    patch Piscel viewer from Sony Clies to work on non-clie palmos models! ....now this might be something worth patching....
    Maybe so, but what does it have to do with the subject of WiFi drivers? Let's try to keep this thread focused on the one issue.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...