Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    No, I didnt forget at all.
    I know you didn't...

Shadowmite, did you hear from TC about collecting the "kitty" fund and forwarding it to you?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Alright all, I am waiting for a reply back from Shadowmite, as to what my next step should be. I have found a way to get the card working, but I am personally unable to reliable connect to my network. Anyone who has a P1 wifi card and Treo 650 PM me, and I will give you the zip of the drivers that I installed.

Lonzo

BTW anyone wanting the drivers, make sure and include your email address so I can send them to you.
    I got the 3.1 loaded onto a Treo 600 (not 650). No crashes or resets. The Wi-Fi Setup works asking for a card and all that. Also lets me manually configure etc. No crash, no resets, nothing. I do have a P1 Wi-Fi card but if rumours of the underpowered SD slot are true, I don't want to toast the unit or the card, neither of which sadly have any insurance...any suggestions what I should be doing (or should I just give it a shot and pray?)?
    Ok, update, the original drivers released with the wifi card for the t3 and zire contain the exact same firmware update. So it's looking like it might be needed, or it was included on all the cards anyway and is in the driver bundle just in case. Either way, the original t3 driver contains that sdio driver file that the t5 bundle does not. Interesting...

Vish: I wish you luck testing these on the 600. It's possible it'll work fine, but also possible you'll blow the SD card slot... I'd recommend someone with insurance try this first...
    If I find a relatively cheap Treo 600 here in the UK, I will experiment. But that may take a couple of days atleast.

Euroclie: any luck running this on your Treo 600?
    You know, considering the incredible progress that Shadowmite and friends made in less than a week with no source code or a complete understanding of how the WiFi is implemented, it pi$$es me off that P1 itself, with all it's resources and knowledge about it's own product, probably could have had drivers ready in a few days. Instead, P1 makes it sound like it would be such a huge effort for them and that they would be doing us a favor if they decide to do it. That defintely lends credence to the idea that P1 (or the carriers) do not want us to have WiFi drivers for the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by vish0402
    I got the 3.1 loaded onto a Treo 600 (not 650). No crashes or resets. The Wi-Fi Setup works asking for a card and all that. Also lets me manually configure etc. No crash, no resets, nothing. I do have a P1 Wi-Fi card but if rumours of the underpowered SD slot are true, I don't want to toast the unit or the card, neither of which sadly have any insurance...any suggestions what I should be doing (or should I just give it a shot and pray?)?
    That's great news

I agree with Shadowmite that you should try this on an insured model. I would be interested in the result. I'm using a GSM model and would be happy to have WIFI.

Keep us updated although, as some mentionned it before, this could be done in the thread started yesterday by morrisonmuscle:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=65025
    I have 600 w/insurance...which card do I need, how much, & where to get it? I really have no use that I know of for wifi, but I love a challenge.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    You can purchase the card at Compusa, it is a Palmone branded card and cost about $120. The good news is that the card has no restock fee and you can test it for 14 days.
    With ONLY 2 post to your credit (neither of which are about anything), you come on this forum and dare to blast someone for trying to help one our esteemed members out; how dare you!

Seems you are the one that needs to have another soda and relax, pal! Or maybe you've had too many already!

Here-here!
    Kudos to this amazing team of people, doing what they enjoy and obviously are VERY good at.

Put me down for $25 to the kitty.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    ls3mach, if you are having repeatedly successful connects, try this:

goto the network panel in prefs. goto the menu option "view log". Enter ping 198.59.98.1 and see what comes back...
    Shadow, Just tried that and I get "Error: No interfaces found"
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    When I tried to ping myself, I got incomplete network setup error.
    go ping yourself...hehe

well done guys...keep at it
    I hope they can remove this avatar and block the name as well or something to that effect.
    Done.

I also deleted the 2 previous inflammatory posts.

As for TC's part in this, we'll need to hear from marcus who made the original offer.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Done.

I also deleted the 2 previous inflammatory posts.

As for TC's part in this, we'll need to hear from marcus who made the original offer.

Well Done!
    Thanx markeagle
    I have been searching many different reviews and forums on the net looking for the difference in specs between the power supply to the 650 and the 600 SDIO slot. I have found little factual information, but the information I have found has said that P1 has not updated the power supply to the SDIO slot on the 650 and has intentionally left the 650 out of the compatibility loop to the P1 wi-fi card. P1 may have done this intentionally from the start, or may have addressed the issue to late in the design process to come back and make power supply changes. Either way people atempting to use the wi-fi cards with the 650 may be risking damaging their Treo. If someone has some factual specs on the difference in the power supplies to the SDIO cards in the 650 and 600 I beleive it would be valuable to post. There is no sense working on something that the hardware will not support. I wish P1 was clearer on whether or not their hardware in the SDIO has been improved or not. We need to find out if the Treo 650 was left out of the compatibility loop because of carrier politics or hardware incompatibility.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Would it help if maybe we knew more about the sdio port itself? I thinking that we can research the sdio port then maybe some of the technical specs can help in this?
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill