Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quick question....would this work on a T600 as well? I have a GSM T600 so I can't get the 650 yet, have to wait

If the hardware is compatible I'd be willing to purchase a card and try it on my T600. I can get one at Fry's Electronics, saw it there a few weeks ago and they have a return plan. I don't know how to "hack" it like Shadowmite but I'd be willing to take his workings and install it on my T600 if there hardware supports it.
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I searched at Compusa.com, I could only find a Sandisk Wifi SD card. P1 sells the needed one for $130. I say we all chip money in and have one shipped to Shadowmite. If he cannot get it to work, no big deal. It would be too much of a hassle to return, so he can keep the card, 1 to say thanks for the dun patch. 2 to say thanks for trying with WIFI. 3 maybe it will be insintive to try again later as thing develop.

Lonzo
    I'm in for $10....
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...734689289&rd=1

$103 shipped, now this is what we need. If you guys trust me, I will post my paypal account and purchase this bad boy and send it to Shadowmite. Here is what we need. 104.98 - 5 (from me) = 99.98. If you are going to send money send whatever amount you want. I will eat all the paypal fees if we can raise $100.

Lonzo
    PS if you guys have someon more trusted in mind, let me know and I will send my $5 to them.

Let me know if I should post my addy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fikse
    I'm in for $10....
    That makes $60....let's keep it coming.
    Ive been a long-time reader. Finally signed up. Can I put in $5?
    $65 with brynat's contribution. I say shadowmite will have $$$ for several cards by day's end.
    i've got one in my hands on .y way back to my office to do tests
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Amazon also has the card for $103 shipped if you want a more reputable vendor. I'd chip in, but I only have a treo600.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20
    Quote Originally Posted by gacajun
    Quick question....would this work on a T600 as well? I have a GSM T600 so I can't get the 650 yet, have to wait
    no, the SD slot in the 600 does not provide enough power to run SD-IO spec devices like wifi cards. Physicaly imposability.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperQ
    no, the SD slot in the 600 does not provide enough power to run SD-IO spec devices like wifi cards. Physicaly imposability.

Despite what P1 told us when the 600 came out...
    I will put in the complete difference and give Shadow an additional $100.00 if he can look into and hopefully solve the Bluetooth car issue (hfl). I have a brand new truck with BT and bought the 650 just to use it with the truck.

Jon
    Kenundrum, awesome... I emailed the file to you to test. No idea if that one will work or not...
  14.    #54  
    I'm in for $10. I'd prefer to Paypal it straight to Shadowmite, but if he doesn't want to set up an account for whatever reason, I can understand that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBAER
    I will put in the complete difference and give Shadow an additional $100.00 if he can look into and hopefully solve the Bluetooth car issue (hfl). I have a brand new truck with BT and bought the 650 just to use it with the truck.

Jon
    Let's stay focused on wifi right now, people. I think a lot of people are excited about what Shadowmite did with DUN, but I don't think we should be inundating him with requests for fixes to all of our pet peeves. There are already threads for BT/car issues, A2DP, and the rest. If the developers are interested they'll come to the thread.

Right now we're lucky enough to have Shadowmite interested in working on this, and we're just trying to get a card into his hands. Let's stick to that for now, and make this wifi thing happen.

Shadowmite: shold we buy the card through ls3mach and have it shipped to you, or would it be quicker to just let you buy it local and send $$ to your account. We'll have the funds in less than an hour at this rate.
    Honestly, it'll go much faster for me to buy locally, I'm just still fighting this program to get it to work like the T5sim... Provided I get the config program to launch like it should, I'll have ls3mach just collect the funds, and I'll have him paypal it to me (that way I'm only revealing myself to 1 person (well, him and kenundrum...).

I've gotten the installer to at least try and launch the config tool now upon exit, and then crashes... But that's a good thing, I'm on the right track I believe... There are just so many variables, if this works we should all go buy lottery tickets!
    ok, so i've run the installer and i can't figure out where the config utility or whatever is...
    using cardinfo it does recognize the card however

actually- i'm looking through the delete menu and all the wifi related stuff has the first letter removed from the app and replaced by a - so it's
    -ifisetup_enUS instead of Wifisetup_enUS and so forth...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    shadowmite - if and when you do get it to work, it'd be interesting to know how many hours it took you. We can then turn around to PalmOne and ask why a multi million dollar corporation could not have a developer spend 10/20/30 hours like shadowmite did and have the driver ready for the 650 launch. It would be 0.00000001% of the development time they spent on the 650 as a whole!
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    ...if this works we should all go buy lottery tickets!
    That's what I was thinking when I started this thread. I figured that people would start to flame me and say that it clearly wouldn't work for some obvious reason that I overlooked.

If there's anything else we can do to help, except sit and cheer and have patience, let us know.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty
    shadowmite - if and when you do get it to work, it'd be interesting to know how many hours it took you. We can then turn around to PalmOne and ask why a multi million dollar corporation could not have a developer spend 10/20/30 hours like shadowmite did and have the driver ready for the 650 launch. It would be 0.00000001% of the development time they spent on the 650 as a whole!
    You'd have to count the hours they spent making it work on the T5. Also PalmOne is very committed to user experience and they probably don't want to release anything that is less than perfect for fear of taking 1.2 million support phone calls. A lot of people saying that that Treo 650 has problems now, and that went through what they say is a lot of testing. Imagine how stable it will be when it doesn't get tested very much as I'm sure it hasn't. I wouldn't want to deal with those complaints.
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast